Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917114 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1125 on: October 08, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »

Got the following error after starting a new game

89758 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngagement(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:273)
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.autoResolveBattle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.???000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And then crashed back to window. I tried to start a few more new games , and same thing happens

You're definitely running StarSector 0.6.1a and Exerelin 0.61?

Ok, I have now reinstalled StarSector , and redownload all the mods (including factions), and it works.
But I am not sure if this is the latest change, I can no longer choose which faction I want to begin with like before . Is this intended ?

You should still be able to choose which faction you start as :)

If you mean you no longer get any of the game setup options then that sounds like a CharacterCreationPluginImpl conflict; if you are using the ASP Sndicate and/or the Blackrock Driveyards mods as well please see the note in the OP about those two faction mods.

If you mean you the option to choose modded factions is not available with the vanilla ones on a new game then you should make sure you are also selecting those faction mods in the StarSector launcher mod selector.

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 08, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »

Got the following error after starting a new game

89758 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngagement(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:273)
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.autoResolveBattle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.???000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And then crashed back to window. I tried to start a few more new games , and same thing happens

You're definitely running StarSector 0.6.1a and Exerelin 0.61?

Ok, I have now reinstalled StarSector , and redownload all the mods (including factions), and it works.
But I am not sure if this is the latest change, I can no longer choose which faction I want to begin with like before . Is this intended ?

You should still be able to choose which faction you start as :)

If you mean you no longer get any of the game setup options then that sounds like a CharacterCreationPluginImpl conflict; if you are using the ASP Sndicate and/or the Blackrock Driveyards mods as well please see the note in the OP about those two faction mods.

If you mean you the option to choose modded factions is not available with the vanilla ones on a new game then you should make sure you are also selecting those faction mods in the StarSector launcher mod selector.

I have used BlackRock Driveyard faction mod, and I have followed the instructions in OP by adding # in the code. The game crashed at begining when I have ASP so I removed it completely. Do I need to add # in all the mod at the moment or just BlackYard drive ? At the moment I have only added # at BlackYard Drive

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 08, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »

My apology, it seems I have misread the part where I need to rename the file extension. After I have done that it works..thank you

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 08, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

My apology, it seems I have misread the part where I need to rename the file extension. After I have done that it works..thank you

No problems :) I realise it's not an ideal setup; hopefully a better solution can be worked out soon.

EDIT:
I have updated the OP to hopefully make it a bit clearer :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:47:34 PM by Zaphide »

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 08, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »

@Zaphide:  The link you called 'Increase Memory' in the OP is actually showing how to lower the memory allocation, unless I am misreading it.  Yeah it's done by modifying the same file, but that might not be self explanatory to someone with no clue about these things.

I've been thinking a lot about how my campaigns keep getting too bloated to open the saves.   Previous version (of both SS and Exerelin), my campaign ran much longer before getting too big... but then I remembered in that version, some systems seemed frozen in time unless I was in them currently.  Now that everything is playing out in real time, the game starts to chug much sooner.

I like running with 24 systems, but modest settings otherwise (12 planets/5-10 stations etc).  I've recently switched to using 64 bit java and upped the memory allocation, which let me open a save I couldn't before, but there are systems with hundreds of fleets duking it out and my save file creeps up toward 600 megs at times. I get stuttering and occasional audio glitches when zipping around in space, but that was happening soon after I started the campaign and it's getting a lot worse.

It seems to me that the only thing keeping the number of A.I. fleets in check is that they blow each other up... which is only so reliable.

The game is basically playing out an RTS with the A.I. fleets.  One thing every RTS has is Unit Caps.  Otherwise the game can become unplayable.

Is there any hard cap on the number of A.I. fleets/ships a faction can field at once?
If not, then I think there should be.  Maybe give us an option when starting the campaign.

Something like:

Faction Fleet Cap
Low (250 OP +50/station)
Medium (500 OP + 100/station)
High (1000 OP + 200/station)
Unlimited

I just threw those numbers out there... I haven't done the math to see if they make a ton of sense, but you get the idea.

EDIT: I think the Rebel fleets would need to be effected by this setting too.

Also, I second the request for not letting multiple factions start in the same system (assuming # of systems > # of factions).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:07:51 PM by LarvaLounge »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 08, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »

--- fleet caps idea ---

Yeah your right and that is pretty much my idea as well. At the moment max fleet counts are tied to (sector wide) station count and it just doesn't scale well/at all past a certain point. I will eventually move the fleet system over to a different structure but it is a bit of work so maybe not for a little while :) It also ties into other changes I have in mind for resourcing/economy which I would like to look at first.

I'm still not quite sure what I want to use as the limiting factor for max fleet counts. I think I would like to keep 1 defense fleet per station as a kind of 'free' fleet (perhaps only deployed when at war or Rebel fleets are in-system) but if a faction deploys fleets to attack/assist/takeover etc. then there will be a limit on those fleets, as it is this that really causes the issue of -lots- of fleets ending up in the same place (as more defenders are drawn to repel attackers), which actually really doesn't add much to the overall game beyond a certain point.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 08, 2013, 07:38:04 PM »

CharacterCreationPlugin - how to be compatible [0.6.1a]

Appreciated, and nice solution :)

To tell you the truth I was hoping there was a simpler way as it seems somewhat unfair that others have to change their mods to be compatible with my mod (when mine really only functions as an overlay anyway) :(

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 08, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

To tell you the truth I was hoping there was a simpler way

There can be, but the API for this particular piece of functionality is still under heavy development. I anticipate the friction we feel now will not always be the case in Starsector.

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 08, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »

Hey all this mod is great... However I want to kick it up a notch and have many much stronger AI fleets flying around.. Is there any way in the settings to massively increase the AI command fleet and super command fleet spawn rate? Right now in my game I am steamrolling everything and honestly my faction is also quite stupid.. They have an enemy pirate station sitting right beside 3 friendly stations but haven't gotten around to boarding it. Also I haven't seen any command fleet or larger in 4+ hours of game time :(

Please help :)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 08, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »

To tell you the truth I was hoping there was a simpler way

There can be, but the API for this particular piece of functionality is still under heavy development. I anticipate the friction we feel now will not always be the case in Starsector.

Oh yes I realise this :)

Hey all this mod is great... However I want to kick it up a notch and have many much stronger AI fleets flying around.. Is there any way in the settings to massively increase the AI command fleet and super command fleet spawn rate? Right now in my game I am steamrolling everything and honestly my faction is also quite stupid.. They have an enemy pirate station sitting right beside 3 friendly stations but haven't gotten around to boarding it. Also I haven't seen any command fleet or larger in 4+ hours of game time :(

Please help :)

They will eventually board it :)

Hmmm to increase the max fleet sizes you may have to edit a few files.

If you look in data/world/factions you'll see a number of .faction files. You could edit the ones of the factions your playing with to increase the maxFleetPoints setting of the exerelinGenericFleet:
Code
"exerelinGenericFleet":{
            "displayName":"Generic Fleet",
            "maxFleetPoints":180,
            "daysWorthOfSupplies":[30, 50],
            "lyWorthOfFuel":[40, 60],
            "extraCrewPercent":[80, 80],
            "marinesPercent":[20, 20],
            "ships":{
CHANGE TO
Code
"exerelinGenericFleet":{
            "displayName":"Generic Fleet",
            "maxFleetPoints":360,
            "daysWorthOfSupplies":[30, 50],
            "lyWorthOfFuel":[40, 60],
            "extraCrewPercent":[80, 80],
            "marinesPercent":[20, 20],
            "ships":{

You will need to do this for each faction you are playing with. That will allow for larger fleets (resource permitting).

I will add a config option so that it is easier in the future :)

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 08, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »

Perhaps a way to dramatically increase the spawn rate of command fleets and also perhaps have an option for super fleets that the player isn't actually supposed to be able to kill solo ( a bit of end boss type challenge). Also, the mod would probably really benefit from an option to increase the speed of fleets, time it takes to flip stations and pretty much everything else so that a "winning" faction in a 4 system game might occur within 2 hours or so of gameplay..

Finally super ships and battleships should really be mixed into fleets more often... I haven't  seen a battleship or larger in my game for quite some time... :( perhaps this is because command fleets simply arnt spawning in my game?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

Perhaps a way to dramatically increase the spawn rate of command fleets and also perhaps have an option for super fleets that the player isn't actually supposed to be able to kill solo ( a bit of end boss type challenge). Also, the mod would probably really benefit from an option to increase the speed of fleets, time it takes to flip stations and pretty much everything else so that a "winning" faction in a 4 system game might occur within 2 hours or so of gameplay..

Finally super ships and battleships should really be mixed into fleets more often... I haven't  seen a battleship or larger in my game for quite some time... :( perhaps this is because command fleets simply arnt spawning in my game?

Haha like a quick game option? Not really what I was going for but we'll see :) The current slow spawn rate is really just to combat some performance issues (that should alleviate when I get round to re-doing the fleet and resources systems properly).

Super ships and capital-class ships are intentionally rare (both to buy and combat) but I'll make an option to turn that off/on too as a few people have mentioned that. They are also expensive resource wise to build/deploy so will spawn less if factions are running low on certain resources.

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 08, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »

Just had a interesting problem , I am pretty sure it is not a bug.
Okay, I started a new game...move my fleet to cap a station.
While I was wondering around universe, I got a message, the Bushi station (faction I am playing) has suffered a accident and is being abandoned.
Now , I am stuck cause it is begining of the game and I have no resources to recap another station. And the station I caped eariler has not spawned any othe fleet yet. I was forced to start another new game. It is kinda funny.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:33 PM »

Actually I'd say that really should be a bug; the game should prevent fatal accidents on your last station, because later on that could really screw you. Efficiency-reducing accidents are probably something to fall back on under those specific conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 141