Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917117 times)

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1110 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:40 AM »

Is there an option somewhere to make it so that all factions spawn in different systems from each other at the beginning of a game? I'm tired of having to try several times before I finally get a game start where I'm not sharing a system with another faction, despite being 8 systems and only the 4 vanilla factions... -_-

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 08, 2013, 10:00:26 AM »

Looks like I was indeed trying to use a save from the old version with the new, so that's sorted. No problems so far with saves not loading.

However, I am getting a re-occurring crash now, happens at the same time each time I load the game (about 30 seconds or so after load). Here's the log:

Spoiler
107518 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:417)
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.diplomacy.DiplomacyRecord.getFactionRelationship(DiplomacyRecord.java:89)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.diplomacy.DiplomacyRecord.addToFactionRelationship(DiplomacyRecord.java:57)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.updateRelationshipOnEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:689)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord.setOwner(StationRecord.java:122)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$2.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

If you'd like I can email you the save file.

I'm also wondering if there's any chance I'll be able to continue my save, or if I'll have to start over again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:05:45 AM by Phoenixheart »

ganjou234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »

Yo, I'm liking the mod...but after a while, my save becomes unplayable for some reason..... and it says either the mod is incompatible or is not active...   :'(

peacebyfaith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 08, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »

Help please, i've done all the editing need to have BlackRock Drive Yards to work with Exerelin but i still cant play with the mod

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 08, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »

--- performance issues / saving issues ---
--- Mining supplies is OP ---

Glad you liked it Hyph :)

Your performance/saving issues are likely due to a lack of memory available to StarSector. You'll need to increase the memory available; there are a couple of links in the OP to threads where people had tried different settings.

Yeah mining supplies is not ideal. It's more a place holder until I put in Ore/Gas resources that are then turned into supplies/fuel/components for building things. I'll probably add a hull mod that converts Ore+Gas into supplies/fuel at a high OP cost, so if you want you can dedicate a ship to be a factory ship for resupplying after mining in the field.

Is there an option somewhere to make it so that all factions spawn in different systems from each other at the beginning of a game? I'm tired of having to try several times before I finally get a game start where I'm not sharing a system with another faction, despite being 8 systems and only the 4 vanilla factions... -_-

Not yet but I should add that :)

Looks like I was indeed trying to use a save from the old version with the new, so that's sorted. No problems so far with saves not loading.

However, I am getting a re-occurring crash now, happens at the same time each time I load the game (about 30 seconds or so after load). Here's the log:

Spoiler
107518 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:417)
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.diplomacy.DiplomacyRecord.getFactionRelationship(DiplomacyRecord.java:89)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.diplomacy.DiplomacyRecord.addToFactionRelationship(DiplomacyRecord.java:57)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.updateRelationshipOnEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:689)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord.setOwner(StationRecord.java:122)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$2.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]

If you'd like I can email you the save file.

I'm also wondering if there's any chance I'll be able to continue my save, or if I'll have to start over again.

Yes please pass me your save. It shouldn't be too hard to solve. It may actually be a bug that I thought I fixed for this version...

EDIT: Actually you could try changing this:
data/scripts/world/InSystemStationAttackFleet.java, line 168:
Code
if(stationTarget != null && stationTarget.getOwner() != null && stationTarget.getOwner().getFactionId().equalsIgnoreCase(fleetOwningFactionId))
TO
Code
if(stationTarget != null && stationTarget.getOwner() != null && stationTarget.getOwner().getFactionId().equalsIgnoreCase(theFleet.getFaction().getId()))

Yo, I'm liking the mod...but after a while, my save becomes unplayable for some reason..... and it says either the mod is incompatible or is not active...   :'(

Hmmm do you want to PM me your save and I'll have a look at it?

Help please, i've done all the editing need to have BlackRock Drive Yards to work with Exerelin but i still cant play with the mod

So, you have commented out the ModPlugin entry in Blackrocks mod_info.json and renamed the CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java? And you are then selecting both mods (Exerelin+Blackrock+LazyLib) when running StarSector?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:50:52 PM by Zaphide »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 08, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »

I have updated the OP with a few more links etc. for increasing memory for StarSector and using the 64bit JRE instead of the 32bit one :)

peacebyfaith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 08, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »

Yes i have commented out the modplugin and renamed the CharacterCreationPluginImpl.Java to CharacterCreationPluginImpl.rename, and they are selected in the mods panel 

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 08, 2013, 02:01:14 PM »

Yes i have commented out the modplugin and renamed the CharacterCreationPluginImpl.Java to CharacterCreationPluginImpl.rename, and they are selected in the mods panel 

And your using the latest version of Blackrock Driveyards and Exerelin (v0.61)?

Could you check the code lines in data/scripts/world/ExerelinData.java for Blackrock? They should look like this:
Code
// Test for blackrock
if(isFactionInstalled("blackrock", "data.scripts.BRModPlugin"))
     possibleFactionList.add("blackrock");

And then also check that a file exists in the Blackrocks mod data/scripts/BEModPlugin.java.

peacebyfaith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 08, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »

And your using the latest version of Blackrock Driveyards and Exerelin (v0.61)?

Could you check the code lines in data/scripts/world/ExerelinData.java for Blackrock? They should look like this:
Code
// Test for blackrock
if(isFactionInstalled("blackrock", "data.scripts.BRModPlugin"))
     possibleFactionList.add("blackrock");

And then also check that a file exists in the Blackrocks mod data/scripts/BEModPlugin.java.

There we go, the code line for testing Blackrock was out of date and was checking for the older version of blackrock, now it works thank you alot, I believe i'am going to enjoy it now.
P.S. keep of the good work.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »

I don't have a file data/scripts/world/InSystemStationAttackFleet.java

Pic:
Spoiler
[close]

In the Exerelin folder there are several files that have names that are very similar, but none that match.

Pic:
Spoiler
[close]

I'm emailing you the safe file right now

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 08, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »

I don't have a file data/scripts/world/InSystemStationAttackFleet.java

Pic:
Spoiler
[close]

In the Exerelin folder there are several files that have names that are very similar, but none that match.

Pic:
Spoiler
[close]

I'm emailing you the safe file right now

Ah I'm sorry phoenix, the file you want to edit is data/scripts/world/exerelin/InsystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java. That'll teach me for guessing :)

If you make the changes as above to this file I think it should fix your crash issue.

Regardless, I'll have a look at the save this evening.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 08, 2013, 04:27:22 PM »

So i am encountering an error... i can only guess it pertains to the use of your mod lol.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngagement(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:273)
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.autoResolveBattle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »

I changed the line in that file, and it fixed the save, thanks!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 08, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »

So i am encountering an error... i can only guess it pertains to the use of your mod lol.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngagement(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:273)
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)

It looks like you are running StarSector 0.6a rather than StarSector 0.6.1a. Exerelin v0.61 requires StarSector 0.6.1a.

I changed the line in that file, and it fixed the save, thanks!

Great :)

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 08, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »

Got the following error after starting a new game

89758 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.???000(Unknown Source)

And then crashed back to window. I tried to start a few more new games , and same thing happens

You're definitely running StarSector 0.6.1a and Exerelin 0.61?

Ok, I have now reinstalled StarSector , and redownload all the mods (including factions), and it works.
But I am not sure if this is the latest change, I can no longer choose which faction I want to begin with like before . Is this intended ?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 141