Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917182 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1095 on: October 07, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »

Got the following error after starting a new game

89758 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberAPI.isMothballed()Z
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngagement(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:273)
   at data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(ExerelinBattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.autoResolveBattle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.???000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And then crashed back to window. I tried to start a few more new games , and same thing happens

You're definitely running StarSector 0.6.1a and Exerelin 0.61?

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 07, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »

Ah, the 'other' easy way to use x64 java is to rename the starsector/jre folder to something else (jrebak, for example) and just copy an x64 JRE to that location.

Then just adjust Xms/Xmx in the vmparams. You now has starsector running in 64-bit with no console window.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Lord Vetch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 07, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »

Hey I installed this mod and a few others but when I try to start the game it either crashes and I get his error or just goes black with a cursor and stays that way.
Mods:
Exerelin
LazyLib
Respec
Restock
Tradewinds

Error Code:
158973 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.vfleet_ModPlugin.onNewGame(vfleet_ModPlugin.java:34)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.H.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 07, 2013, 05:32:52 PM »

I don't think this mod works too well with mods not on the front-page list of compatible mods...

Lord Vetch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 07, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »

I tried only running it and it still did the black screen thing.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »

Hey I installed this mod and a few others but when I try to start the game it either crashes and I get his error or just goes black with a cursor and stays that way.
Mods:
Exerelin
LazyLib
Respec
Restock
Tradewinds

Error Code:
158973 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.vfleet_ModPlugin.onNewGame(vfleet_ModPlugin.java:34)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.H.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)

It looks like you are trying to run with the FleetControl mod as well.

This mod is pretty much incompatible with most other mods, except for those on the front page. It is probably compatible with mods that are more utility/additive in nature, such as factions mods, mods that add hull mods etc.

What happens if you run just Exerelin (0.61) and LazyLib (1.6)?

Count

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 07, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »

Tried few times to start new game with this mod. Version 0.6.1a. Additionally downloaded LazyLib, Bushi, Hiigaran, Gedune, Neutrino, Junk Pirates, Shadowyards, Zorg and Kadur mods. Following instructions but still getting errors on start.
So i got alternative idea. Maybe someone can share whole Mods folder with those working mods  ???

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 07, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

Tried few times to start new game with this mod. Version 0.6.1a. Additionally downloaded LazyLib, Bushi, Hiigaran, Gedune, Neutrino, Junk Pirates, Shadowyards, Zorg and Kadur mods. Following instructions but still getting errors on start.
So i got alternative idea. Maybe someone can share whole Mods folder with those working mods  ???

What is the error you are getting Count?

Count

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 07, 2013, 10:13:43 PM »

Well these errors no more actual because i cleared whole mods folder for now. :D

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 07, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »

Well these errors no more actual because i cleared whole mods folder for now. :D

Haha fair enough well next time please post the error message; it is usually something pretty straightforward :)

As to what could have been wrong, there was a breaking change to mission setup between StarSector 0.6a -> 0.6.1a. Some of those faction mods may not have updated their mission definitions accordingly. You could try removing the mission folders from those faction mods?

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 07, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »

Thx for the answers!

But is it really expected that player first station starts entirely empty while other factions have some basic resources in it from start?

Also is it expected that it takes more than 1 game month for player faction to produce the first mining fleets (some NPC faction may already have second station by that time)?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 07, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »

Thx for the answers!

But is it really expected that player first station starts entirely empty while other factions have some basic resources in it from start?

Also is it expected that it takes more than 1 game month for player faction to produce the first mining fleets (some NPC faction may already have second station by that time)?

Well remember your faction already has an extra fleet; you. Although at the start of the game your fleet isn't that effective, the players fleet makes a pretty massive impact later in the game. The players faction starting slower than the other factions is a way to partially offset some of this.

Your stations will update their fleets slower due to you playing with more stations than normal. Unfortunately it's kind of necessary at the moment due to the script CPU time (although obviously that depends on your hardware). My laptop is -very- slow so I try to keep it going OK on my laptop and that should mean most others are OK :)

I might add in some easy to change options so you can increase the update frequency if you wish a more responsive start and your CPU can handle it. After a few months of game time it doesn't really matter too much.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 08, 2013, 02:46:54 AM »

Well, my first boarding attempt (using a captured Atlas because the Blackrock home station didn't carry any) ended in complete disaster.

Does the Special Ops perk in the Leadership skill tree help with station boarding? I might pick it up if it does.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 08, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »

Well, my first boarding attempt (using a captured Atlas because the Blackrock home station didn't carry any) ended in complete disaster.

Does the Special Ops perk in the Leadership skill tree help with station boarding? I might pick it up if it does.

No it doesn't, but that's actually a cool idea!

The thing that will help you most in boarding is the Level 5 Active Diplomacy Perk: Saboteur. If you get this, Saboteur's have a chance to spawn at your Storage Station. Once planted on a station they will destroy the majority of the defending marines on that station.

Your other option is to board a station that has had an accident recently; that will also destroy an amount of defending marines.

Also, stations orbiting a planet (rather than a moon or gas giant) get a bonus to crew/marine generation, meaning they will generally have a surplus. Stations orbiting a gas giant or a moon get a fuel/supplies bonus and so will have less marines.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 08, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »

Random drop in:

Had my first real play session in. Long while with this mod, playing as the Zorg. Great fun!

However... I know this is an issue that's probably been around for a while and may have no good fix, after about three/four hours of play, the frame rate hit the floor and broke it. Thought maybe saving and reloading might help fix things up, I tried to save and quit. This action, took almost half an hour, the result being somthing somthing Java heap/heave/I'm broken!/generic statement that sounds like bad news. The save was broken.

Tonnes of fun, but it's a shame it doesn't last.

I'll also say, mineing... Feels VERY powerful. Ever low on supplies? Don't worry, asteroids! Might I suggest some other resource being mined, like raw materials that cannot be used in fleet logistic functions? It just feels... A bit cheaty. If stations could convert a fraction of raw material dropped in to supplies, that'd be pretty awesome.

I just don't like the idea of being able to get resources whenever you need them, even if you're not near a station or too weak to take on enemies. It's too easy!

This has probably been brought up before.

Random drop in, dropped out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:47:15 AM by Hyph_K31 »

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 141