Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917180 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.58
« Reply #720 on: September 08, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »

I love that you can now capture stations yourself!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 08, 2013, 05:19:37 AM »

I love that you can now capture stations yourself!

Yeah it is slowly getting there :)

Next thing I am working on is a skill tree for improving and leading your faction to victory, and a skill tree for improving your fleets mining/boarding capabilities.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 08, 2013, 05:37:03 AM »

Quick change (sorry to those who have already downloaded):
I missed a couple of variants for Zorg ships.

I have updated the DEV_v0.59 download (same link).

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 08, 2013, 05:40:15 AM »

Just downloaded the new dev version and disregarded all warnings and recommendations by launching it with all the available mods but tore up plenty, and I seem to have encountered my first bug: asp and relic fleets are pursuing each other, overlapping each other, and seemingly pretending to fight, without anything actually happening to the fleets. There are about four overlapping fleets of medium size sitting in the exact same space "pursuing" each other whilst absolutely zero explosions happen whatsoever, and every now and then a fleet will temporarily break off only to immediately dive back into the pile of fleets.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:43 AM »

Just downloaded the new dev version and disregarded all warnings and recommendations by launching it with all the available mods but tore up plenty, and I seem to have encountered my first bug: asp and relic fleets are pursuing each other, overlapping each other, and seemingly pretending to fight, without anything actually happening to the fleets. There are about four overlapping fleets of medium size sitting in the exact same space "pursuing" each other whilst absolutely zero explosions happen whatsoever, and every now and then a fleet will temporarily break off only to immediately dive back into the pile of fleets.

Thanks I'll check it out :)

EDIT: Ah OK I see the problem. Maybe avoid the Relics until I can get a fix together :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:03:56 AM by Zaphide »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 08, 2013, 06:34:29 AM »

with the dev version, the option to select how many planets/stations/ belts and stuff is gone, you also cannot select what faction you want to play, i suspect this is intended?

also, it doesn't work, because it spawns 3 stations on a game start, but 4 factions are spawned (with yours included) so 1 faction will wander around forever looking for a station.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 08, 2013, 06:59:36 AM »

with the dev version, the option to select how many planets/stations/ belts and stuff is gone, you also cannot select what faction you want to play, i suspect this is intended?

also, it doesn't work, because it spawns 3 stations on a game start, but 4 factions are spawned (with yours included) so 1 faction will wander around forever looking for a station.

I do not have this issue. I can select those options just fine.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 08, 2013, 07:44:19 AM »

Then i must have screwed something up :P

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 08, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »

Hmmm it sounds like you might be playing with a mod that overrides the character creation stuff. Those are the default options.

Exerelin (although not a Total Conversion) will not play-nice with any mod that overrides the character creation options.

Which mods are you playing with?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 08, 2013, 06:36:43 PM »

all of em! =D il remove em and try again.

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #730 on: September 09, 2013, 01:13:53 AM »

Hi there,

I'm running the last StarSector 54.1a release Linux version. I'm using Linux Lubuntu on a laptop and the vanilla game runs great.

I wanted to play again after several months away from Starsector, and try some mods. So, i D/L the LazyLib and unzip it to my /mods folder, and do the same with Exerelin. I have nothing more installed,

Then, i selected both mods from the game's mods menu.

And it crashed.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/Nihil.png] resource, not found in [/home/tchey/Jeux/starsector/./mods/Exerelin,/home/tchey/Jeux/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

It also crashed with Vacuum / Exerelin Alpha 1 (Total Conversion) and -Tore Up Plenty- with similar errors (cannot load a ressource).
I didn't try any other mods so far.

Any advise ?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:21:11 AM by ( Tchey ) »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 09, 2013, 01:58:47 AM »

Hi there,

I'm running the last StarSector 54.1a release Linux version. I'm using Linux Lubuntu on a laptop and the vanilla game runs great.

I wanted to play again after several months away from Starsector, and try some mods. So, i D/L the LazyLib and unzip it to my /mods folder, and do the same with Exerelin. I have nothing more installed,

Then, i selected both mods from the game's mods menu.

And it crashed.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/Nihil.png] resource, not found in [/home/tchey/Jeux/starsector/./mods/Exerelin,/home/tchey/Jeux/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

It also crashed with Vacuum / Exerelin Alpha 1 (Total Conversion) and -Tore Up Plenty- with similar errors (cannot load a ressource).
I didn't try any other mods so far.

Any advise ?

Hi Tchey,

Linux is case sensitive and the file it is asking for, although it is there, has slightly different case.

For the Exerelin error, check https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/issue/19/lowercase-png-file-extension.

You can either rename the file appropriately, or reset the calling code (for Exerelin, in nihil.faction I think).

Hopefully that fixes it :)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 09, 2013, 02:20:21 AM »

I almost forgot, if the player boards a station, all his cargo is removed, all elite screw and veteran crew and marines is removed and he is given 50% regular crew and 50% fuel and supplies (starting supplies)

is this intentional? (rolling 0.59 DEV)

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #733 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:36 AM »

It was about being case sentitive, and now i can play mods. Thank you.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 09, 2013, 03:14:52 AM »

It was about being case sentitive, and now i can play mods. Thank you.

Great :)

I almost forgot, if the player boards a station, all his cargo is removed, all elite screw and veteran crew and marines is removed and he is given 50% regular crew and 50% fuel and supplies (starting supplies)

is this intentional? (rolling 0.59 DEV)

I haven't quite decided yet. That's just placeholder values for the time being.

I expect that your fleet will lose some supplies (enough so that you are not accident prone after the superfreighter disappears), some crew and most of the marines (someone needs to crew the station).

I will make it remove lower level crew first, so as not to punish those battle-worn elite crew with desk duty :D

Did you end up working out what was causing the no-options-at-start issue?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 141