Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917075 times)

DarkAlbino

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.58
« Reply #675 on: August 14, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

Hey Zaphide, I made Ceredia into a working faction:

Spoiler

[close]

It's ready for integration into exerelin, I already play with them. It has a freighter, tanker and a capital seized boardingship.

I also made some portraits:

Spoiler

[close]

I also didn't get an answer from Avan or Wolfy as he's called on Transcendence forum http://forums.kronosaur.com/
He's active there but no answer.
What you think?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 14, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

Avan ain't here anymore, hes left the forum, that might explain why he doesn't reply to anything here. :I

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 14, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »

Hey Zaphide, I made Ceredia into a working faction:

Spoiler

[close]

It's ready for integration into exerelin, I already play with them. It has a freighter, tanker and a capital seized boardingship.

I also made some portraits:

Spoiler

[close]

I also didn't get an answer from Avan or Wolfy as he's called on Transcendence forum http://forums.kronosaur.com/
He's active there but no answer.
What you think?

--- Reply moved to Avan's thread ---
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:51:47 PM by Zaphide »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 14, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

I'm interested in doing a merge; what are the areas I should be looking at to import, so that my project doesn't get completely bit-rotten?

Haha most of it :P

You can see the diffs on the BitBucket project.

A lot of changes were done in the various Manager classes, and the SpawnPoint classes all got changes too. I also added a couple of new classes.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »

Hrmm.

Well, I hate to have to re-write everything I've added, but I need to have reasonable future-proofing, so I'll have to see what can be done.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 14, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »

You could branch/fork the BitBucket project, and then you could pull changes and have Git handle the merges?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 16, 2013, 01:36:53 AM »

Just a quick note:

I will be out of town for a couple of weeks and may not be checking in much. I know there is an issue around loading/starting different games in a row under certain conditions in Dev 0.59, which you should be able to work around by just quitting and loading StarSector (it'll crash anyway).

Anyways, I may not be able to respond very quickly until I get back :)

OrangeLazarus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 16, 2013, 08:50:43 AM »

So how exactly do I capture another station?

SirPeter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 17, 2013, 05:44:28 AM »

Awesome game and awesome mod!

Would like to beable to capture a station also.

And is there a way to let my faction increase its spawning of fleets? I mean I kill most of the enemy fleets near the station and hoping that my faction will spawn an invasion fleet. However usually I see the enemy faction spawn a huge new defensive fleet and I need to start all over again.

Maybe related but if I give my station loads of materials and fuel will it spawn fleets faster? Or whats the trigger? Trigger seems to be when the faction is in trouble.   

DragonV2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 18, 2013, 03:29:22 AM »

just logged in to say i noticed a planet name i was very surprised and glad to see: Tyrian

all we need now is microcorp trying to take over the sector... and the carrot ship
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:38:59 AM by DragonV2 »

restore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 21, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »

Id like to ask, is there everything right with thule ships? I have got a problem with them, and i need to find out, if its on my side...
I got a Berghast ship. In some battle (not the first one) i saw a wierd explosion particle through whole screen and after that it started. When i shoot, a purple particles are generated in middle of the ship where no turret is. They got 0 speed and are generated in great numbers. They can be also thrown away with special ship power(with good aim, it can oneshot almost everything :D ). After some time, if theres many of them, some interface disappear or other particles get missing.
Btw, dps on meteor gun is right? It looks more like max range of some variable with 10 digits...
I can provide some screenshots if needed.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »

The DPS on the Thule Meteor is incorrect. A Tungsten (the ship that carries a Meteor into battle) only ever has one shot. DPS is irrelevant. Some Thule ships have a Heimdahl Pulsator or a Heimdahl Generator, which upon activation will explode, sending out a wave of purple energy, damaging ships and blasting away unshielded ships. The Pulsator is equipped on destroyers and other such small ships and can be set off in quick succession, making for a series of loud pops in the process. The Generator is fitted to the Thule battleship, the Herzog. It takes considerably longer to spool up for a discharge, but the effect is more pronounced. Both systems also have a very distinct sound, the full sound can be heard on the Herzog. (Several alarms followed by a sound of building power before the system discharges)

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 22, 2013, 05:17:37 AM »

I'd like to see some features from fleet control in this. Such as the ability to construct a station yourself and produce the various fleets (mining, defense, station assault, etc.) at it. Might give you the option of joining the game independently as the player faction instead of with one of the various factions.
Being able to capture stations by yourself would be awesome as well or at the very least the option to initiate a station assault.
Great mod by the way. I love the challenge of not being able to instantly get any ship you want.

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 22, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »

Man, it's been such a long time since I posted.  Been crazy lately.

Was finally able to download your git version and able to start on those diplomacy/station inventory changes I talked about frickin' months ago.  It will definitely be nice to be able to purchase weapons/ships from your allies.  It honestly looks easier than I first anticipated, so we'll see how it goes!  It's definitely good to see how well your mod is going, Zap.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 22, 2013, 07:45:40 PM »

Theres alot of work that its pretty damn useful for the economy mod being worked, check if theres anything you may need from here:
https://bitbucket.org/silentstormpt/starsector-utility-mods/

Specially the FactionEntity and PlanetEntity
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 141