Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923264 times)

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.58
« Reply #630 on: July 31, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »

Is corrupt_10y a legit ship name?
I think it was an interstellar federation ship that had that name. If it is then it doesn't mesh with their other names, but I kind of like it. If it isn't then its a non-break-stuff bug because i killed the ship and looted it and every thing just fine.

On a side note Exeralin is progressing fantastically. I hadn't play since .5 and i'm rather enjoying the ability to have shadow wars and mining.
I'd like to request a trickle of XPs for mining please. I spent most of the first year waiting for someone to declare war with me & we had all the supplies ever. Some bonus XP would have been nice. Not a lot, maybe 50.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »

@Zaphide:
---snip---

1. No worries :) glad to hear it!
2. All sounds good.

A quick note on weapons and ships; in StarSector 0.6 I think it will be possible to get the weapon list of a ship variant in the campaign mode and so there will be no need to maintain weapon lists for factions as it can just get the ship variant from fleet, then get the possible weapons from those variants. I like the idea of just using the .faction file fleets as it means the list is only in one place but it is more restrictive.

If you can do your changes in such a way that you can easily update as Exerelin gets updated it that would be easiest for the future. There is/will be quite a few changes to support multiple systems (among other things).

3a. I was imagining implementing this as a kind of reverse-mining. If the player fleet is on top of a station, and it has marines, minus marines from the fleet and station until either the station has no more (player wins) or the player fleet has no more (attack unsuccessful). In fact this is how I'll probably change the AI controlled station takeover fleets too.

3b. Yeah I'm really hoping for the dialog option, otherwise what you suggest is what I have in mind. I was also thinking that it could act as a fleet rally point, so your fleets will rally around your fleet if carrying it, your station if you put it at a friendly station and attack an enemy station if you put it there. Unfortunately I haven't started on the strategic AI (soon! tm) but it will quickly become a necessity with multiple systems.

3c. Agreed, and StarSector 0.6 should have a few more options in this area.

3d. There is an efficiency value for each stationRecord that affects internal resource generation that may suit this purpose. i.e. delivering Germanium increases efficiency.

3e. It would :) I need to write a messaging system properly (so in StarSector 0.6 have different message lists for different event types, which are displayed in different UI elements etc).

3f. The refactor I am working on at the moment should make it so that it theoretically supports multiple systems.

3g. The non-respawn doesn't apply to the players faction (or at least shouldn't).

3h. Yeah I will clean them up at some point :P

Any chance we can have a look at your mod soon?  :D

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »

Great mod :D btw is there a way to have everything for free ? im tired of waiting to get enough cash to start actually fighting any faction -_-

Unfortunately not anymore.

Is corrupt_10y a legit ship name?
I think it was an interstellar federation ship that had that name. If it is then it doesn't mesh with their other names, but I kind of like it. If it isn't then its a non-break-stuff bug because i killed the ship and looted it and every thing just fine.

Yeah it's actually the Nihil names, but it seems to use them for things it shouldn't. So a bug, but only an extremely minor one :)

On a side note Exeralin is progressing fantastically. I hadn't play since .5 and i'm rather enjoying the ability to have shadow wars and mining.
I'd like to request a trickle of XPs for mining please. I spent most of the first year waiting for someone to declare war with me & we had all the supplies ever. Some bonus XP would have been nice. Not a lot, maybe 50.

Yeah it's is on the (fairly extensive) todo list :)

Also looking at adding some character skills for mining, diplomacy and faction fleet management.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 31, 2013, 04:29:13 PM »

If you can do your changes in such a way that you can easily update as Exerelin gets updated it that would be easiest for the future. There is/will be quite a few changes to support multiple systems (among other things).
Yeah, that sounds wise.  Let's compare notes after I release :)

Any chance we can have a look at your mod soon?
As soon as I'm happy with the changes I've made to the economy, I think it's finally ready-enough :)  I got "Germanium" working, but it's not limiting fleet growth right just yet- lots of it is getting dumped per cycle.  I haven't quite figured out where my changes went awry yet :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Zantiszar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 01, 2013, 02:50:12 AM »

Great mod :D btw is there a way to have everything for free ? im tired of waiting to get enough cash to start actually fighting any faction -_-

Get console comand mod thats how I do it sometimes just to troll the AI

GruntyThrst

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 01, 2013, 02:52:22 AM »

Excellent mod, Zaphide. I've been having a lot of fun tooting around Exerelin representing Blackrock with a massive doomfleet of Nevermores and Stormcrows. I have a question and a suggestion:

I assume limited the player to buying weapons/ships from only associated faction station is a balance/flavor choice? It's entirely understandable but it also tends to make player fleets really "same-y" because boarding is such an undependable source of hulls. I don't know anything about the feasibility of this code wise, but what about loosening the restrictions just a bit? Maybe neutral factions would be willing to sell weapons and lighter (Fighters/Frigates/Maybe Destroyers?) hulls, and allied factions would allow full access?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 01, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »

Along with being able to capture hulls there are also trade guild fleets that sell weapons and ships from other factions to your station, along with supply fleets from allies that also come with that allies weapons and ships. Plus there is the omnifactory, which slowly makes copies of any weapon or ship that you sell to it. I kinda like that it is hard to get weapons or ships from other factions, it makes your choice of faction have some weight behind it, means that you have to actually be a part of that faction until you get the omnifactory well stocked, instead of just supporting the faction.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 01, 2013, 03:00:39 PM »

Thanks for the praise :)

Identifying with a faction is one of the key goals of Exerelin so it's unlikely it will change too much.

An idea I have been thinking about is 'Unidentified Ship Blueprints' and 'Unidentified Weapon Blueprints' dropping after combat, which could then be given to a research facility (or perhaps just one of your factions stations) which could then (at the cost of supplies/fuel/time) be turned into a random ship/weapon from another faction. Then it is up to the player whether they want to buy it, give it to OmniFactory etc.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 01, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »

So, after taking over a Bushi station, the Nomads seem to have reverse engineered Bushi replication technologies because they've been spewing out this nonsense ever since. That's 16 full size fleets they've got going there.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 01, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »

Lol,
Ok, who forgot to put the replication limiting codes in their nanobots?
that stuff's important :P
Spoiler
[close]

in all seriousness though, maybe that station had a glutt of supplies that didn't have an oppurtunity to be used? would explain where all those fleets came from :)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »

So, after taking over a Bushi station, the Nomads seem to have reverse engineered Bushi replication technologies because they've been spewing out this nonsense ever since. That's 16 full size fleets they've got going there.

Hmmm I assume your playing the factions included version and are running the bushi mod alongside? Any chance you could upload or PM me your save file?

DarkAlbino

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 01, 2013, 10:03:55 PM »

Don't know if this happened to anyone else, when playing 0.58 as Bushi the in-system station attack fleets don't spawn, Hiigaran Descendants work just fine for me.
Bushi sits and waits and does not expand.

Only thing i changed was some faction colors in the x.faction files.

I also get the feeling that they don't spawn as much as the others, but that's maybe just a false impression, tried it in about 5 different games.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 01, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »

Don't know if this happened to anyone else, when playing 0.58 as Bushi the in-system station attack fleets don't spawn, Hiigaran Descendants work just fine for me.
Bushi sits and waits and does not expand.

Only thing i changed was some faction colors in the x.faction files.

I also get the feeling that they don't spawn as much as the others, but that's maybe just a false impression, tried it in about 5 different games.

Thanks I'll have a look. Changing faction colors shouldn't matter.

Spawn rates are the same for all factions but fleet costs can differ depending on ship type composition.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »

Hmmm I assume your playing the factions included version and are running the bushi mod alongside? Any chance you could upload or PM me your save file?

Uploading now. Note that a while has passed in game-time since I took that picture. The Nomads have since driven the Bushi out of the sector and the Bushi immediately re-established themselves by taking over a Thule station instead. I ventured down towards the old Bushi station and the Nomads seem to have tucked away their grey goo fleets. So I went over to the station that caused this mess and this is what their inventory currently looks like. This is a couple in-game months down the line, though, so maybe those grey goo fleets ate themselves. 4 of them should have been the Out-of-System megafleets, the rest were just huge L4 fleets. Which is funny, considering before that, the Bushi were struggling to send out more than a couple cruisers at a time.

Of curious note, the mod seems to have either gone back a few steps, or the Bushi and Hiigarans are above such events. The station's inventory has not been cleared out of Bushi ships.

Drawpbawx.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 01, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »

Uploading now. Note that a while has passed in game-time since I took that picture. The Nomads have since driven the Bushi out of the sector and the Bushi immediately re-established themselves by taking over a Thule station instead. I ventured down towards the old Bushi station and the Nomads seem to have tucked away their grey goo fleets. So I went over to the station that caused this mess and this is what their inventory currently looks like. This is a couple in-game months down the line, though, so maybe those grey goo fleets ate themselves. 4 of them should have been the Out-of-System megafleets, the rest were just huge L4 fleets. Which is funny, considering before that, the Bushi were struggling to send out more than a couple cruisers at a time.

Of curious note, the mod seems to have either gone back a few steps, or the Bushi and Hiigarans are above such events. The station's inventory has not been cleared out of Bushi ships.

Drawpbawx.

Thanks I'll have a look :)

Did the nomads own quite a few stations? The patrol fleets can help attack/defend so it is possible that a number of fleets could legitimently end up defending/attacking a station. Also, as you said it just got captured the attacking fleets may not have gone home yet.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 141