Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917067 times)

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.57
« Reply #585 on: July 21, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

It can have the best changelog ever.

Version .57

-Incremented version number

Fishst

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2013, 10:26:37 AM »

If I may make a suggestions, would it be possible to put some kind of way to show another fleet's alliance before it comes into view? For example, a small toggle-eable window that shows the current diplomacy states with the fleets in-system (Hostile/Neutral/Alliance/Friendly), or a tooltip when hovering over a faction's fleet?

Fishst

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2013, 02:02:18 PM »

Additionally: a manual trigger for station attack fleets to attack a point would be great. It's kind of annoying seeing station fleets depart for utter failure when you have another faction's station locked down with fleets.

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 23, 2013, 04:15:36 AM »

Some suggestions.
Suggestion A:Faction conquer a station by a lot of 'Attack Fleet'(include player fleet or not).If a station is  attacked by 4-8 more Attack Fleet and its Defend Fleet is less than 2.If this situation last 5-10 days,then this station will be lost.
Reason of A-1:This can make player's fleet more (a bit) useful on station attack/defend instand of just killing fleets.
Reason of A-2:I can't be patient by waiting for a stupid/slow/weak fleet to attack a station!

Suggestion B:Will you add a special faction just like TradeGuild which is used as 'Pirate'?Not the faction appears in original statrsector,but a faction hostle to all other factions.It will appears sometime by time/by some math fuction/by otherthings you like.It will attack mining fleet,supply fleet or even station!If a station is conquer by them,then this station will be abaddon.
Reason of B-1:Add something that 'unexpected/surprising/WTF!'.
Reason of B-2:There must be some crazy guy.Carzy than rebel.They just want supply/ship/win/yourlife.
Reason of B-3:My Fleet is powerful!No one can Defeat Me!I am the Dominator!!!!!Wait?Who is that???

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 23, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

+ for A
+ for B

just my 2cent ^^
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 23, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »

A rare raider from out of the system that's hostile to all? I like it.

As for the first idea, I kinda think that it should be kept with the atlas fleet. Shift can be held to speed up time when there is a bit of distance for the fleet to travel.

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 23, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »

A rare raider from out of the system that's hostile to all? I like it.

As for the first idea, I kinda think that it should be kept with the atlas fleet. Shift can be held to speed up time when there is a bit of distance for the fleet to travel.

That´s the part of what I am working on for some time.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 23, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

Oops, found a bug. A faction previously neutral to me joined an alliance with an enemy faction, and sent attackers and boarders to my station without actually changing to hostile.

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2013, 04:59:20 PM »

If you attack a member of your own alliance, the alliance decalres war on itself, and the attacked member leaves and becomes hostile to the alliance. If the alliance has 3 or more members, the non-attack members and your faction stay in, but the other non-you members become hostile. Its, very strange.

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2013, 06:02:23 AM »

Oops, found a bug. A faction previously neutral to me joined an alliance with an enemy faction, and sent attackers and boarders to my station without actually changing to hostile.
I notice this too.If faction A has on war with faction B,then faction C(neutral to A&B) found an alliance with A/B.Then C will send fleet to attack B/A's station.But C will not hostile to any one.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2013, 03:05:02 PM »

If I may make a suggestions, would it be possible to put some kind of way to show another fleet's alliance before it comes into view? For example, a small toggle-eable window that shows the current diplomacy states with the fleets in-system (Hostile/Neutral/Alliance/Friendly), or a tooltip when hovering over a faction's fleet?

Not yet, but perhaps with StarSector 0.6 :)

Additionally: a manual trigger for station attack fleets to attack a point would be great. It's kind of annoying seeing station fleets depart for utter failure when you have another faction's station locked down with fleets.

Yes, StarSector 0.6 might allow me to implement this the way I want. Otherwise, I might just end up adding a item like "attack beacon" that you can place at a station to cause your ships to target there. We'll see.

Some suggestions.
Suggestion A:Faction conquer a station by a lot of 'Attack Fleet'(include player fleet or not).If a station is  attacked by 4-8 more Attack Fleet and its Defend Fleet is less than 2.If this situation last 5-10 days,then this station will be lost.
Reason of A-1:This can make player's fleet more (a bit) useful on station attack/defend instand of just killing fleets.
Reason of A-2:I can't be patient by waiting for a stupid/slow/weak fleet to attack a station!

Suggestion B:Will you add a special faction just like TradeGuild which is used as 'Pirate'?Not the faction appears in original statrsector,but a faction hostle to all other factions.It will appears sometime by time/by some math fuction/by otherthings you like.It will attack mining fleet,supply fleet or even station!If a station is conquer by them,then this station will be abaddon.
Reason of B-1:Add something that 'unexpected/surprising/WTF!'.
Reason of B-2:There must be some crazy guy.Carzy than rebel.They just want supply/ship/win/yourlife.
Reason of B-3:My Fleet is powerful!No one can Defeat Me!I am the Dominator!!!!!Wait?Who is that???

Suggestion A: Yes, the station takeover process will get a large revamp at some point that will include a method for the player to take over stations. I suspect the idea of specific boarding fleets will carry through (I like the idea of having to outfit your fleet especially for station boarding) but we'll see.

Suggestion B: I was thinking about this the other day :) It probably won't happen to after StarSector 0.6 but there will be a faction (or a number/group of factions) that will perform the role of a universal aggressor. Think the Shakuri in Distant Worlds.

Thanks, I'll put up a fix soon.

If you attack a member of your own alliance, the alliance decalres war on itself, and the attacked member leaves and becomes hostile to the alliance. If the alliance has 3 or more members, the non-attack members and your faction stay in, but the other non-you members become hostile. Its, very strange.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Just out of curiosity, are you playing with the latest version (0.57)? (unfortunately I forgot to change the version number in the mod so both 0.56 and 0.57 both come up as 0.56 :P so if not sure it may be best to re-download the mod files from the 0.57 link)

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »

I always download whatever the latest version is, so I think that was on the latest version, but I can't be sure. It happened a little while ago. But the alliance was actually naming itself, so I assume that is latest.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »

I always download whatever the latest version is, so I think that was on the latest version, but I can't be sure. It happened a little while ago. But the alliance was actually naming itself, so I assume that is latest.

0.56 & 0.57 do that, But I will check it out anyways :) note to self, don't mess up version numbers :P

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 26, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »

Another update, this one should be save compatible :)

https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.58.zip

Main change is bug fixes to alliance changes not being applied properly.

I also added support for running Gotcha's Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants faction mods in conjunction with Exerelin. The other mods need to be installed alongside Exerelin and ticked in the StarSector launcher.

I think this is a better approach as other mods can be updated/changed/removed without requiring Exerelin to be changed. I will probably move to this style with most of the other factions in Exerelin eventually. It is also a lot easier than merging everything with Exerelin :)

Code
v0.58
 - Added small possibility of industrial ships (and mining wings) appearing in stations
 - Added support for running the Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants mods in conjunction with Exerelin

- Changed Exerelin to no longer be a total conversion to support above change

- Fixed possible duplicate station names
 - Fixed issue with StarSector FactionAPI's not getting updated properly on Exerelin alliance changes

- Changed SyndicateASP mining fleet to 2 drone wings, two transports

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.58
« Reply #599 on: July 27, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »

Bushi and Hiigaran?That is great.
Even I want to make a mod to add in Exerelin.But I can't draw a 'beautiful" ship... :D
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 141