Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917123 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.56
« Reply #555 on: July 16, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »

Omnifactory. Just take one of everything your faction produces and haul it the Omnifactory.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 16, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »

first of all thank you very much for bringing the community this outstanding mod!

is it possible to remove codex information and main menu background ships for the factions i prevent from spawning?

also are you aware that you included a 50MB Git folder in 0.56? you should probably re-upload.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 16, 2013, 03:08:06 PM »

Omnifactory. Just take one of everything your faction produces and haul it the Omnifactory.

where is the Omnifactory exactly? is it just the abandoned storage facility? or is it a station literally called "omnifactory"?

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 16, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »

You have to select to have it during the initial game options. If it is in the game, then it will be orbiting the same planet as the storage station and is actually called "omnifactory".

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 16, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »

You have to select to have it during the initial game options. If it is in the game, then it will be orbiting the same planet as the storage station and is actually called "omnifactory".

thanks

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 16, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »

where is the Omnifactory exactly? is it just the abandoned storage facility? or is it a station literally called "omnifactory"?

You have to have selected it at the start of your game, the option should simply be along the lines of "Omnifactory?" to which you answer yes or no. If you answered yes, then once your faction establishes it's first base, your abandoned station will set up in orbit of the nearby planet and the Omnifactory will follow shortly after. Note that the Omnifactory is invisible on your map unless Zaphide changed that in 0.56. If your faction has lost their original base, the Omnifactory and your abandoned station will still be in orbit of that original planet. The station is indeed simply known as the Omnifactory and ships and weapons sold to the Omnifactory will be processed and then constantly reproduced up to a cap. A small weapon would typically be processed in 5 days, then production would start and it would be another 5 days before the first of said weapon is ready to buy. And then every 5 days, another weapon will be produced up to a max of 20 at which point the Omnifactory will stop producing until the supply falls below 20.

Something I've noticed which I thought was cool at the time, the abandoned station and Omnifactory will only set up on planets. If your faction has taken a base orbiting a moon, then the two stations will still set up shop in orbit of the planet that the moon is linked to. Probably to stop 3 huge stations sitting on top of each other in orbit of the moon.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 16, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »

After playing the mod for a bit, I have one pretty large criticism:

Getting the needed weapons seems almost completely random and involves a ton of flying in circles or waiting at a planet and hoping a supply shipment gives them to you.

Depending on your faction and starting ship, with their default weapons and the possibility of not getting any weaponry you need to re-outfit your ship, you could be left nearly-useless.

Is there any way to make your faction get more of it's weapons faster or something?

As others have mentioned, the OmniFactory is a good way around this.

EDIT:
One of the best things about moddable mods is you can change it yourself!

In mods/Exerelin/data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java:
Code
public static void addWeaponsToCargo(CargoAPI cargo, int count, String factionId, SectorAPI sector)
if(factionWeapons.length > 0)
{
for(int i = 0; i < count; i = i + 1)
Change the "i < count" to "i < count*2" (for double) or "i < count*3" for triple etc etc. There is a similar method for adding ships that you could change in the same way.

One thing that is irritating is only having frigates with small energy mounts available, and the only weapons available being large ballistics :P Another thing that will wait till StarSector 0.6 to improve.

first of all thank you very much for bringing the community this outstanding mod!

is it possible to remove codex information and main menu background ships for the factions i prevent from spawning?

also are you aware that you included a 50MB Git folder in 0.56? you should probably re-upload.

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately this is not possible. When disabling factions, all the assets for those factions are still included in the game, they just won't spawn.

And yes, I realised when the upload was taking so long :P I will upload a different ZIP later without the hidden Git folder

---snip---
Note that the Omnifactory is invisible on your map unless Zaphide changed that in 0.56.
---snip---

Unfortunately it is still invisible on the map... it should probably be changed at some point...

Something I've noticed which I thought was cool at the time, the abandoned station and Omnifactory will only set up on planets. If your faction has taken a base orbiting a moon, then the two stations will still set up shop in orbit of the planet that the moon is linked to. Probably to stop 3 huge stations sitting on top of each other in orbit of the moon.

Haha this was a result of me being slightly lazy, but then I decided the end result was better :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:46:14 PM by Zaphide »

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 16, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »

I know how to use the Omnifactory and all that.  It's getting that first weapon (Or ship!) that tends to be the problem.

The "Only large ballistics in the shop, but Frigate needs Small Energy weapons" comes up a TON.  As does the problem of having only Kinetic or only HE weapons.

And the problem of needing Frigates/Destroyers, but only having Fighters, Cruisers, and Capital Ships.

It's actually stopped several of my games before they even begin, as my faction will get swarmed and wiped out while I'm stuck in the starter ship with no ability to really rearm it or buy additional Frigates for support.

I like the mod and love the large-scale battles, but this is a pretty constant source of frustration.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 16, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »

I know how to use the Omnifactory and all that.  It's getting that first weapon (Or ship!) that tends to be the problem.

The "Only large ballistics in the shop, but Frigate needs Small Energy weapons" comes up a TON.  As does the problem of having only Kinetic or only HE weapons.

And the problem of needing Frigates/Destroyers, but only having Fighters, Cruisers, and Capital Ships.

It's actually stopped several of my games before they even begin, as my faction will get swarmed and wiped out while I'm stuck in the starter ship with no ability to really rearm it or buy additional Frigates for support.

I like the mod and love the large-scale battles, but this is a pretty constant source of frustration.

Perhaps the best solution is to "jump start" the players first station with a few frigates/destroyers and appropriate weapons to get them started?

In my own play throughs this is only really a problem right at the start, as once I start fighting other fleets I normally end up with way too many ships/weapons/money!

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 16, 2013, 11:30:08 PM »

In my games I usually always attack the neighboring faction before things heat up, especially if they're already at war or are a weak faction. It doesn't always mean that my faction doesn't get crushed, but it does seem to give them a better fighting chance especially if the orbits aren't all that favorable.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 17, 2013, 05:50:30 AM »

---snip---

I have uploaded a new version without the extra files, comes in at a much more normal 54Mb :)
https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.56.zip

eneaunu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 17, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »

Could someone tell me what i gotta do to buy weapons and ships from other factions , at least that are neutral to me .

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 17, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »

As far as I know, you can't.

Pillage and burn in the quest for lewts.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 17, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »

when i select a medium system planets get pushed off the map grid and into the black area surrounding it. selecting large results in planets being pushed even further than the black area and some i suspect are not even on the map anymore. is this a known issue? or is this just an unavoidable side effect of modding the system size?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 17, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »

Could someone tell me what i gotta do to buy weapons and ships from other factions , at least that are neutral to me .

You can only buy weapons/ships from your factions stations.

when i select a medium system planets get pushed off the map grid and into the black area surrounding it. selecting large results in planets being pushed even further than the black area and some i suspect are not even on the map anymore. is this a known issue? or is this just an unavoidable side effect of modding the system size?

Yeah unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to increase the grid (or remove it entirely) :( The map also doesn't behave 100% correctly outside the grid but it is quite workable. It's not ideal but I figured it was best to leave the option in as I quite like playing with a bit of space between planets.

All planets should still be on the playing map. You will most likely have to move the map around to see them.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, you can right-click and drag on the map screen to look around a bit easier.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 141