Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917055 times)

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.55
« Reply #525 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:11 PM »

Aaah you can keep the omega, soon, i'll have a new monster available in my arsenal that can take it on. ::)

Awesome, an arms race between mods to see who can make the OPest ship while still pretending to be legit would be great. And by great I mean hilarious.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

Well as the Council doesn't try to be vanilla balanced, instead being just that little bit better.... I know who I'm putting my money on, sorry, Valk.  :P

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 09, 2013, 02:40:23 PM »

Naw, people will build up, do crazy stuff, and then timcorp will fly by and obliterate entire fleets in an instant. There are some truly OP mods out there. No need to imitate them. Also, valk actually has a pretty good shot, the ether driver or whatever their gauss cannon is called is a real monster.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 09, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »

Maybe the Ether Driver was tweaked since I last played around with them, but when I messed with it, it was just a weaker Gauss Cannon. Lower DPS, an odd mechanic where it shot slower than it regenerated ammo resulting in a higher listed DPS than it was actually capable of (the sustained DPS was about 20% than normal DPS). It sounded pretty cool and the shots were practically instantaneous hits, but an IFed Cain could perform a similar job with higher overall DPS, flux costs and blinding white/blue flashes of light upon striking a target. Every. Couple. Seconds. God, if you value your eyesight, don't use multiple Cains with the lights turned off. Your screen just whites out and stays like that till the Cains stop shooting.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 09, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »

Maybe the Ether Driver was tweaked since I last played around with them, but when I messed with it, it was just a weaker Gauss Cannon. Lower DPS, an odd mechanic where it shot slower than it regenerated ammo resulting in a higher listed DPS than it was actually capable of (the sustained DPS was about 20% than normal DPS). It sounded pretty cool and the shots were practically instantaneous hits, but an IFed Cain could perform a similar job with higher overall DPS, flux costs and blinding white/blue flashes of light upon striking a target. Every. Couple. Seconds. God, if you value your eyesight, don't use multiple Cains with the lights turned off. Your screen just whites out and stays like that till the Cains stop shooting.

Cains are nice..

Have you tried multiple hadron accelerators? (the other big cannon from the IF)

It doesn't blind you, but can 2-3 shot an onslaught, where 1 shot overloads it for about 30 seconds..
it fires real slow, and the chargeup is a pain, but dear god it's a beast of a sniper..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 10, 2013, 02:51:27 AM »

Awesome, an arms race between mods to see who can make the OPest ship while still pretending to be legit would be great. And by great I mean hilarious.

Not pretending anything  :)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 10, 2013, 04:39:29 AM »

Cains are nice..

It doesn't blind you, but can 2-3 shot an onslaught, where 1 shot overloads it for about 30 seconds..
it fires real slow, and the chargeup is a pain, but dear god it's a beast of a sniper..
I've always figured anything more than just the one Hadron is overkill, what with that 10k alpha damage. I had one for when I used an Auria in Uz's Corvus, but most of the time it wasn't even mounted unless I was planning on busting capitals all day long. I used 3 on the ballistic variant of the Council Venator, that was pretty silly. 6 on the Unsung, it's just nasty.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 10, 2013, 10:13:16 AM »

Cains are nice..

I've always figured anything more than just the one Hadron is overkill, what with that 10k alpha damage. I had one for when I used an Auria in Uz's Corvus, but most of the time it wasn't even mounted unless I was planning on busting capitals all day long. I used 3 on the ballistic variant of the Council Venator, that was pretty silly. 6 on the Unsung, it's just nasty.

Tbh 6 large turrets of anything on the unsung is nasty.. and that HERP emitter (built in) is just ludicrous..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 10, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »

So after playing the mod for a couple days off and on, it started inexplicably slowing the crap out of my computer until I restarted my system.

Is this a common thing?  Cuz I haven't had that with any other mods that I know of yet.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 10, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »

So after playing the mod for a couple days off and on, it started inexplicably slowing the crap out of my computer until I restarted my system.

Is this a common thing?  Cuz I haven't had that with any other mods that I know of yet.

As in, slowed the computer down even after you exit starsector? That seems a bit strange.

I have left starsector+Exerelin running for multiple days without any issues, and it would be strange to affect your whole system, not just the starsector executable. I also normally play on a 2011 MacBook air so it's by no means a powerhouse computer :P

Has it happened just one or multiple times? If you haven't already, I would ensure you are running the latest java version.

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 10, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »

As in, slowed the computer down even after you exit starsector? That seems a bit strange.

I have left starsector+Exerelin running for multiple days without any issues, and it would be strange to affect your whole system, not just the starsector executable. I also normally play on a 2011 MacBook air so it's by no means a powerhouse computer :P

Has it happened just one or multiple times? If you haven't already, I would ensure you are running the latest java version.

So far just once.  But apparently Java was trying to update as I was playing so that probably caused some issues...

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #536 on: July 11, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »

Hi Zaphide,

Apparently you can make supplies/pilots/fuel disappear from stations (to avoid them from stocking up to ridiculous amounts).
Could you teach me how?
Edit: Reading the 0.6 notes tells me that this won't be an issue in the upcoming update. :)

Also, I am peeking through some of your java files and StationRecord.java has a typo at line 60, the word being 'abandonded'.
The horror!

Edit2: Ah, had this thread open in my browser, didn't see you replied. Thanks though.
Glad it gets a vanilla solution because I have no idea how I'd do what you're telling me. :-[
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:22:52 PM by Gotcha! »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 11, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »

Hi Zaphide,

Apparently you can make supplies/pilots/fuel disappear from stations (to avoid them from stocking up to ridiculous amounts).
Could you teach me how?

Also, I am peeking through some of your java files and StationRecord.java has a typo at line 60, the word being 'abandonded'.
The horror!

Thanks! Shall fix :)

There is a method in ExerelinUtils.java "decreaseCargo" (or similar) that will safely remove an amount of supplies/crew/fuel/marines.

There are also two other methods in ExerelinUtils.java that add ships and weapons, that also have code in each method to remove ships/weapons when they go over 30 at that station.

removeRandomShipsFromCargo()
removeRandomWeaponsFromCargo()

You'll have to call your removing code from something. Some of Exerelins is from a script attached to a fleet assignment, and others from a spawnPoint advance().
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:28:14 PM by Zaphide »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 11, 2013, 10:26:03 PM »

... Or StarSector 0.6 will handle it for you :)

Man, having multiple systems will up the complexity of this mod just a bit...

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:12 AM »

... Or StarSector 0.6 will handle it for you :)

Man, having multiple systems will up the complexity of this mod just a bit...

wait, 0.6 has multiple systems?!
- Maurice Switzer
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 141