Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917100 times)

Halcyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.55
« Reply #465 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »

Yup, it works...

I wanted to use my Atlas_Blackbox and its weapons but I can't seem to use both mods at the same time, how can I play with both?

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »

Go into Exerelin's files and unmark it as a total conversion and then double check your mod to make sure it spawns properly, as there are no hard-set stations till you make a save. It's not like you can have a ship spawned at the Hegemony station, ready to be bought for a single credit. If your mod doesn't spawn ships like that, then you can probably just buy any old ship, make sure it's stripped and then save edit the ship into your modded Atlas.

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 27, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »

Hello everyone, my first post here :)

I have been playing Exelerin for about two weeks and I totally love it, it brings whole new level of fun to StarSector. So big thanks to Zaphide and all the guys who created these awesome factions!

But since I know Java I haven't limited myself only to playing, I have been also tweaking the Exelerin code as I played, adding various small tweaks and fixing some stuff that didn't work as supposed.

And here is a question for Zaphide:
Do you have Exelerin code in some online repository where I could commit my changes to be included in the code? (or not included depending what you prefer)
Of course I could just post here about parts of the code that doesn't work but commiting the code directly would be much easier and productive. Would it be possible Zaphide?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 27, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »

Hello everyone, my first post here :)

I have been playing Exelerin for about two weeks and I totally love it, it brings whole new level of fun to StarSector. So big thanks to Zaphide and all the guys who created these awesome factions!

But since I know Java I haven't limited myself only to playing, I have been also tweaking the Exelerin code as I played, adding various small tweaks and fixing some stuff that didn't work as supposed.

And here is a question for Zaphide:
Do you have Exelerin code in some online repository where I could commit my changes to be included in the code? (or not included depending what you prefer)
Of course I could just post here about parts of the code that doesn't work but commiting the code directly would be much easier and productive. Would it be possible Zaphide?

Glad you have enjoyed it :)

I didn't really envisage Exerelin being a team project :P However, if people want to contribute I think that's great (and will no doubt improve the mod too)!

Code collaboration without a repository would be hell so I will set one up. Are there any preferences on providers? I looked a BitBucket a while back and was thinking them.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »

Yup, it works...

I wanted to use my Atlas_Blackbox and its weapons but I can't seem to use both mods at the same time, how can I play with both?

It really depends on how you want your ships to appear. If you just want to pilot them then Silver Silence is correct; just edit them into the save file.

Other generation scripts tend to not play nicely with Exerelin so it's a bit more work to add custom assets into it.

If you want to add your own faction then there are some guides in the first post on this thread.

If you just want to add a ship/weapon rather than a faction then you'll have to include it with one of the existing factions. You'll want to add the ship variant to their exerelinGenericFleet fleet in the .faction file, and for weapons you'll have to add them to the appropriate array in ExerelinUtils.java (as per instructions in first post). This means the AI fleets can spawn with that ship, and that the ship and/or weapons will be delivered to your factions stations.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:45:42 PM by Zaphide »

Halcyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 28, 2013, 12:05:32 AM »

uh, yeah... I took his advise. I just didn't posted that I did. All is going good BTW... =)

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 28, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »

Glad you have enjoyed it :)

I didn't really envisage Exerelin being a team project :P However, if people want to contribute I think that's great (and will no doubt improve the mod too)!

Code collaboration without a repository would be hell so I will set one up. Are there any preferences on providers? I looked a BitBucket a while back and was thinking them.

Well I have been contributing to one project that is hosted on Google Code (which uses SVN repo) so I am used mostly to it. BitBucket is Git but it would work too, I have to learn Git eventually anyway. Well I heard SVN is better for projects that contain a lot of non-code files, such as images, sounds etc, which is what most game mods have, as does Exelerin.
But whatever You prefer is ok for me.

PS. It would be ideal if you could set the repository using Exelerin v0.55 initlally and only then commit the changes you made since then (even as one big commit). This would make it easier to merge my changes to it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:24:37 AM by Carabus »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 28, 2013, 06:50:22 AM »

Well I have been contributing to one project that is hosted on Google Code (which uses SVN repo) so I am used mostly to it. BitBucket is Git but it would work too, I have to learn Git eventually anyway. Well I heard SVN is better for projects that contain a lot of non-code files, such as images, sounds etc, which is what most game mods have, as does Exelerin.
But whatever You prefer is ok for me.

PS. It would be ideal if you could set the repository using Exelerin v0.55 initlally and only then commit the changes you made since then (even as one big commit). This would make it easier to merge my changes to it.

Yeah will do. I only really thought Git because I also haven't used it. They are all so similar anyway :)

Bobakanoosh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 28, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

Just make a Drop-box account and share a repository file with anyone who asks from these forums. simple. I'm a field engineer and I use drop box all the time to deposit files for people from other vendor companies like the one I work for.

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 29, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »

It doesn't sound any simpler than just setting online repository with version control system like SVN, where everyone can see other people changes immediately.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »

I'm confused. What would all these tweaks and fiddles with Zaphide's rigging be for?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2013, 04:06:09 AM »

Okay, I have setup a Git repository at bitbucket.org that I will use for Exerelin.

If anyone wishes to contribute (or merely use the dev version), please PM me your email or bitbucket.org username (if you dont have a BitBucket username, please just PM me your email so i can refer and get another free user allowance) and I will add you to the users. Please also specify:
 - What access level you want
   - Read (you just want access to the current in-development version, download only)
   - EDIT: I'm actually going to make this a public repository, so no need to apply for read access, apologies to those who already did so!
   - Write (you want to contribute changes to Exerelin)
 - The reason you want access
 - Any work you have done so far and you think should be included in Exerelin main (if you have any)
 - Your plans for future development work (if you have any)

A couple of notes about repository setup
I have done the initial commit at the released v0.55 code base. I have then (as an ugly massive commit) committed my changes I have done so far for v0.56.

The repository is just the mod files without any IDE-specific project setup (I use IntelliJ-IDEA); it is just the mod files themselves. This means:
 - You should be able to use whichever IDE you like, just include the Exerelin mod files in whichever project structure your IDE uses
   - I just use a dummy IntelliJ-IDEA project
 - You will probably not be able to use any IDE-integrated version controls
   - I am using SourceTree to manage my interactions, and just using IntelliJ-IDEA as an editor
   - I have managed to have everything working nicely just through IntelliJ-IDEA's Git integration :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:32:34 PM by Zaphide »

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2013, 08:00:48 AM »

PM sent.

Thanks for all your effort!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »

Slight change of plan:

I will make the repository public so that if you just wish to get the latest development version you don't have to sign up for an account etc etc.  Otherwise we will rapidly hit the 5 user limit :P

It is here:
https://bitbucket.org/zaphide/exerelin/overview

To download the latest development version:
Just use the link on the right of the overview page
OR
Downloads -> Branches -> master

To re-download an old version:
Downloads -> Tags -> {release}

As with all in-development projects, use at your own risk :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »

Your issue tracker is currently set to private, so we can't see what issues need to be fixed. :)

If the git dashboard is set up the same as it is for Mercurial projects, you would go to https://bitbucket.org/zaphide/exerelin/admin/issues if you wanted to change this setting.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 141