Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922888 times)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.55
« Reply #450 on: June 17, 2013, 05:40:12 AM »

What is... Polish?!
Polsih-Poland-Pole ect. :D
Spoiler
[close]
"Polish things up" meaning: do things in Polish way, with much use of Vodka & kielbasa (sausage) & some pickles
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:43:19 AM by theSONY »
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 17, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »

They're not very good at actually being PD and stopping missiles and they shoot rather slowly as well.  :P
Anything with annihilators will swamp disruptors pretty badly too, because of that slow rate of fire.

Couple them with some actual PD and they work wonders..

Or just get enough of them :P

I said they were the most powerful because of their use against fighters and frigates that are usually faster than large turrets..

Still haven't seen an Unsung from the Neutrino. Granted, they never spend much time in system anyway because someone always roflstomps them straight back out because incursion fleets are crazy OP. Typically, Neutrino field Banshees, which were the bane of my mid-game existence because javelin missiles meant I could never lower my shields or face torpedo strength energy hits and photon missiles just sprayed needles all over me. Now that I have shield dissipation, I laugh in their general direction. "HA!".

Speaking of which, Zaphide, any plans to throw a layer of polish over everything~? Give things catchier and more descript names than Out System Station Attack Fleet? Can just call those Incursions, that's what they are. Hostile takeover parties. Give everyone proper names rather than "council" or "relics" (which by the way should really be two factions, Purifiers and Elders) or "interstellarFederation"?

I don't think the Unsung is ever actually spawned anywhere.. I've played like a week straight with neutrino and I haven't seen a single unsung that I haven't hacked in :P

Try one.. you will love it.. or hate it..

"neutrino_unsung" if you know how to hack your save file.. or if you want to rather.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »

Oh no, no, I have flown it in older versions of Uz's Corvus.  :P
But I haven't seen it in Uz's or in Exerelin. Would love to see it make an appearance somewhere.

Though I may just take one of my salvaged ships and just turn them into the Unsung. For science.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 17, 2013, 01:26:05 PM »

Oh no, no, I have flown it in older versions of Uz's Corvus.  :P
But I haven't seen it in Uz's or in Exerelin. Would love to see it make an appearance somewhere.

Though I may just take one of my salvaged ships and just turn them into the Unsung. For science.

For research purposes right? :P
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 17, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »

Y-yes. For research and testing purposes.  :P

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 18, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »

And what is this study called, "The Methodology and Effects of Rapid Vaporization of Ship Hulls"?

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2013, 12:53:31 AM »

Great mod! Really enjoy it. One question - all ships sold in stations have `ABD "ship name"` naming scheme instead of faction specific `HSS "ship name"` `TTS "ship name"` or `ISS "ship name"` and so on designations. Is it possible to fix this? Also noticed strange thing with relic enemy fleets they attack and then immediately retreat back and attack again and so on.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:19:44 AM by Vind »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »

Great mod! Really enjoy it. One question - all ships sold in stations have `ABD "ship name"` naming scheme instead of faction specific `HSS "ship name"` `TTS "ship name"` or `ISS "ship name"` and so on designations. Is it possible to fix this? Also noticed strange thing with relic enemy fleets they attack and then immediately retreat back and attack again and so on.

Hmmm I hadn't noticed that with the names, I'll check it out. Thanks :)

I suspect the fleet retreats then chases your fleet is because the underlying algorithms for the campaign map chase and the in combat retreat are different and in your situation have made the opposite decision.

BambiSlayer99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »

Hi there, I'm getting the fabled "fatal null" error when trying to attack trades guild ships. Haven't checked if it's the same for other ships. Any advice on how to fix?

Edit: Actually, I'm getting that before and after battle now... and I'm also getting white space in place of the traditional space background.  ??? Please help!  :'(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:46:04 PM by BambiSlayer99 »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 26, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »

Okay, so, i got the lazy lib, the games loads, but doesn't start and actually seems to crash. xD
So after looking at the Log file a portrait for the Nihils- who i've no idea are -is missing. I'll see about trying to pull the or a port from the mod itself and simply renaming if need be.
On the off chance this doesn't work... well, that's why i'm posting.

EDIT1: Okay, so, that didn't work, and i'm pondering on what to do next... Any help would be enjoyed, i'll be digging through my skull! xD

Heres the code, I'm also running via a Linux Laptop- 64BIT mint 15 MATE desktop -if that could be of any notoriety:
Code
44055 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/portraits/portrait_relics_elder_02.png] as texture with id [graphics/portraits/portrait_relics_elder_02.png]
44070 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 71.59 MB of texture data so far
44071 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/portraits/Nihil.png] as texture with id [graphics/portraits/Nihil.png]
44172 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/Nihil.png] resource, not found in [/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/starsector/./mods/Exerelin,/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/Nihil.png] resource, not found in [/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/starsector/./mods/Exerelin,/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.F.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.super.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I really really wish minig was implimented in game, grrhahahea.. wah...

EDIT (problem solved~!!!)
It was the PNG extension, all i had to do was change the ext to a png format rather then PNG, or it was simply very case sensitive towards the portraits. In either case, the mod now works. :)
And yes it was actually in the file system, it was again, simply the PNG file.  ^ ^
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:48:41 AM by Azmond »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:47 AM »

Hmmm well the file is in that location (at least in my directory structure).

Only thing is it is a different character case in the extension:
mods/Exerelin/graphics/portraits/Nihil.PNG

Does the file actually exist in that location on your filesystem? I guess the other thing to check is make sure your user has read access to that directory.

Halcyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 27, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »

Hi there, I'm new to the forum, but not to the game.
I tried your mod, but after character creation, I get this ERROR:

Code
31188 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
72141 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
72219 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 19
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 19
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinData.getAvailableFactions(ExerelinData.java:119)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.<init>(DiplomacyManager.java:35)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.<init>(SystemManager.java:48)
at data.scripts.world.SectorGen.generate(SectorGen.java:183)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.ÓO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.B.ÓO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.o0OO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOoO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:59:06 AM by Halcyon »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 27, 2013, 05:14:27 AM »

Hi there, I'm new to the forum, but not to the game.
I tried your mod, but after character creation, I get this ERROR:
--- snip ---

I think I have fixed this for the next version, what were the starting conditions you selected?

Halcyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 27, 2013, 05:29:26 AM »

let me see if I can remember...

name: Commander Moore
ironmode: disabled
number of planets: 21
Assteroid belts: 4
stations : 35
Omnifactory: enabled
number of factions: all
faction return: yes(second option)
faction return time: 4 months
faction: nomad
ship: Yellow Jacket
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:31:56 AM by Halcyon »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 27, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »

let me see if I can remember...
--- snip ---
number of factions: all
faction return: yes(second option)
--- snip ---

Yeah I think the bug I fixed (in my DEV version) was when you select start with 'All factions you know of!' and then for respawn 'Yes, but only factions initially in Exerelin'.

Try just selecting 'All factions you know of!' and 'Yes, factions will respawn' as it will have the exact same effect as your previous choice. The 'Yes, but only factions initially in Exerelin' option just means that if you only start with 3 other factions in system, only those factions are able to be respawned, and then only if they are knocked out. It only has effect if you start with less than the total factions at the start.

Speaking of which, I really need to get my act together and release the next version (it has fixes, changes and new features!) but it is taking me longer to implement what I wanted than I thought... :P
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141