Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922838 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.55
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2013, 01:28:21 AM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43834064/Exerelin_0.55.zip

404  :(

Haha upload is always super slow to Dropbox. Just give it 20mins or so :)

(I really should upload first before posting anything...)

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 13, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »

There are three folder named 'diplomacy' 'events' 'stations' in scripts\world\exerelin,but they are empty.
I can change the faction Hostility/Friendly by doing something like:defeat a specific enemy/rebel fleet or help them on supply/marine/crew/fuel in later vision of Exerelin.
Are you working on this?
Can you tell me something about that?
 ::)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 14, 2013, 02:19:59 AM »

meh ;/ can't capture the station bug still present ;/
+station anyone ?
Spoiler
[close]
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »

There are three folder named 'diplomacy' 'events' 'stations' in scripts\world\exerelin,but they are empty.

They are just from when I was going make an attempt to organise the code a bit more. I left them there to remind me to get around to it sometime :)

I can change the faction Hostility/Friendly by doing something like:defeat a specific enemy/rebel fleet or help them on supply/marine/crew/fuel in later vision of Exerelin.
Are you working on this?
Can you tell me something about that?
 ::)

Yeah I have a few ideas for the player affecting the relationships a bit more. At the moment as a player you can only cause your faction to declare war against another faction. I would like to add the ability to increase your relationship with a faction (i.e. sell them a specfic high-value object, like enemy confidential documents or something, and/or your idea of selling them war supplies). I would also like to add the ability for a player to affect another factions relationship with a third faction (i.e. sell them something that causes them to dislike/blame another faction).

meh ;/ can't capture the station bug still present ;/
+station anyone ?
Spoiler
[close]

Hmm the station attack ships will sit there for sometime boarding the station (even when it's abandoned). It should (eventually) capture it, but it can take a long time. It's currently a random time length, but I'll probably change it to base it on remaining marines at the station or something similar.

Helios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 14, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »

Is there anyway to disable the whole "station seceded" and "fleet insurgency" thing? Especially the former, I'm really, REALLY sick of it. I do choose "factions do not respawn" btw, but they just keep taking your stations away, instantly, without warning, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »

If I buy all the supplies, marines, and crew from an enemy station will it affect the spawn rate or ease or taking it over at all?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »

I believe crew is needed and if a station is short, then sub-par fleets will be produced. Fleets with one or two ships will move out instead of ~10-20 ships with full fighter support.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »

Is there anyway to disable the whole "station seceded" and "fleet insurgency" thing? Especially the former, I'm really, REALLY sick of it. I do choose "factions do not respawn" btw, but they just keep taking your stations away, instantly, without warning, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

Hmmm the station secede event is meant to follow the same rules as the respawn fleets. I'll check it out. EDIT: yeah it is a bug sorry, fixed for next version.

As for disabling events entirely, I could add a selection at the start to select whether you want to play with events on or off. Some of the events provide a lot of the faction vs faction balance. As the mod progresses, I would like to move more and more of the balancing to the diplomacy system and remove/lessen the need for the more heavy-handed approach with the events.

If you would like to disable specific events, you could always edit the mod itself. Go to /mods/Exerelin/data/scripts/world/exerelin/EventManager.java and in the method runEvents (it is the only method) comment out the particular event e.g. to remove the station secede event:
Code
if(ExerelinData.getInstance().respawnFactions && ExerelinUtils.getRandomInRange(0,55) == 0)
{
//eventStationSeccession.makeStationSecedeToOutSystemFaction(); COMMENTED OUT
return;
}

This SHOULD affect saved games too :)

If I buy all the supplies, marines, and crew from an enemy station will it affect the spawn rate or ease or taking it over at all?

It will, but only to the point that smaller defense fleets will be produced. Stations generate resources (in addition to delivered resources) that is enough to get some smaller fleets going, which means you really need to control the area to take over their station.

EDIT: clarification
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:38:46 PM by Zaphide »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »

Is there a specific pattern to diplomacy? It seems that as you advance through the game (I'm about level 45), more and more factions start turning hostile against you (or do they just smell blood?), and they seem to almost never sue for peace no matter how many of their fleets you smash. I think my Tri-Tachyon is at war with half the galaxy at this stage  :-X

EDIT: Ended up just letting them drive TT from the system, thereby resetting diplomatic relations. Things are much quieter now :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:40:53 AM by Histidine »

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 16, 2013, 04:09:25 AM »

Just tested the small energy PD disruptors for the neutrino... They are awesome..

Not only do they stop most missiles (and cause them to spin out of control)

They do the same to ships.. meaning your PD acts like tractor beams when they aren't busy with missiles..

Drones spin out of control when they are hit.
Frigates are stopped and spun slowly, but fast enough for most shots to miss..
Destroyers are mostly just stopped..
Cruisers are slowed down to snails pace..

They are the single most powerful small weapons I've ever seen :P
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 16, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »

They're not very good at actually being PD and stopping missiles and they shoot rather slowly as well.  :P
Anything with annihilators will swamp disruptors pretty badly too, because of that slow rate of fire.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 17, 2013, 12:40:52 AM »

They're not very good at actually being PD and stopping missiles and they shoot rather slowly as well.  :P
Anything with annihilators will swamp disruptors pretty badly too, because of that slow rate of fire.

Couple them with some actual PD and they work wonders..

Or just get enough of them :P

I said they were the most powerful because of their use against fighters and frigates that are usually faster than large turrets..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 17, 2013, 04:01:22 AM »

Is there a specific pattern to diplomacy? It seems that as you advance through the game (I'm about level 45), more and more factions start turning hostile against you (or do they just smell blood?), and they seem to almost never sue for peace no matter how many of their fleets you smash. I think my Tri-Tachyon is at war with half the galaxy at this stage  :-X

EDIT: Ended up just letting them drive TT from the system, thereby resetting diplomatic relations. Things are much quieter now :)

Diplomacy is driven by a number of factors, predominantly around how well your faction is doing. Factions tend to like factions that have less stations, are not at war with their allies, that are at war with their enemies etc. Factions don't like their stations being taken over, having no war with anyone etc.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 17, 2013, 04:17:29 AM »

Couple them with some actual PD and they work wonders..

Or just get enough of them :P

I said they were the most powerful because of their use against fighters and frigates that are usually faster than large turrets..

Still haven't seen an Unsung from the Neutrino. Granted, they never spend much time in system anyway because someone always roflstomps them straight back out because incursion fleets are crazy OP. Typically, Neutrino field Banshees, which were the bane of my mid-game existence because javelin missiles meant I could never lower my shields or face torpedo strength energy hits and photon missiles just sprayed needles all over me. Now that I have shield dissipation, I laugh in their general direction. "HA!".

Speaking of which, Zaphide, any plans to throw a layer of polish over everything~? Give things catchier and more descript names than Out System Station Attack Fleet? Can just call those Incursions, that's what they are. Hostile takeover parties. Give everyone proper names rather than "council" or "relics" (which by the way should really be two factions, Purifiers and Elders) or "interstellarFederation"?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 17, 2013, 04:59:18 AM »

Speaking of which, Zaphide, any plans to throw a layer of polish over everything~? Give things catchier and more descript names than Out System Station Attack Fleet? Can just call those Incursions, that's what they are. Hostile takeover parties. Give everyone proper names rather than "council" or "relics" (which by the way should really be two factions, Purifiers and Elders) or "interstellarFederation"?

What is... Polish?!

Haha but yeah eventually :) I'm prioritizing getting some more things in there to give the system a bit more 'life', and then I want to work on giving the player a few more things to do rather than just influence things by fighting. After that, yeah polish would be good. I'm hoping to make the names of things a bit more factions specific, so each factions has it's own fleet names, station names etc.

Interestingly, the non-proper names I'm using for things is actually important. They have to be the factions ID's, as the campaign mod API is not yet at the point where I can determine who owns what without checking the name. So the name of the faction has to contain the id of the faction which is a little limiting...

About the Elder+Purifier=Relics, I played around in a dev version with them as separate factions but it just didn't work that well, so I discussed with the mod author a few ways to add them and arciblade was OK with me combining them (which I think works really well, as each faction kind of complements each other). I realise in the lore they are meant to be mortal enemies :P so I think this is more of an interim solution until Exerelin gets to the point where it can support a capital ship only faction or arciblade adds a few more ships in :)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 141