Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917207 times)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.52
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Hang
Date:          6/9/2013 11:49:43 AM
Event ID:      1002
Task Category: (101)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      -Withheld-
Description:
The program java.exe version 6.0.180.7 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 1138
 Start Time: 01ce653e64bb627d
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: D:\Fractal Softworks\Starfarer\jre\bin\java.exe
 Report Id: 582c06b4-d135-11e2-bf37-a417319eea72
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-06-09T18:49:43.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13725</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>-Withheld-</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>java.exe</Data>
    <Data>6.0.180.7</Data>
    <Data>1138</Data>
    <Data>01ce653e64bb627d</Data>
    <Data>4294967295</Data>
    <Data>D:\Fractal Softworks\Starfarer\jre\bin\java.exe</Data>
    <Data>582c06b4-d135-11e2-bf37-a417319eea72</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000770069006E0064006F007700200069007300200 0690064006C00650000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source
Java(TM) Platform SE binary

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
?6/?9/?2013 11:49 AM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path:   D:\Fractal Softworks\Starfarer\jre\bin\java.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
Application Name:   java.exe
Application Version:   6.0.180.7
Application Timestamp:   4b2aa6cf
Hang Signature:   f9d8
Hang Type:   137216
OS Version:   6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:   1033
Additional Hang Signature 1:   f9d82b147b6ad3097a0d9c822ca02a2a
Additional Hang Signature 2:   de0a
Additional Hang Signature 3:   de0a40479120ea8170f842d4122846d6
Additional Hang Signature 4:   f9d8
Additional Hang Signature 5:   f9d82b147b6ad3097a0d9c822ca02a2a
Additional Hang Signature 6:   de0a
Additional Hang Signature 7:   de0a40479120ea8170f842d4122846d6

Files that help describe the problem
version.xml
java.exe.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
WERDataCollectionFailure.txt

Here is the error that occurs when the game randomly exits for no reason.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.54
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2013, 02:35:07 PM »

That looks like an error with java... and looking at the version you have it seems that your java is out of date...

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2013, 02:37:55 PM »

Sorry Reshy I don't really know what all that means, other than it is Java that is crashing (rather than StarSector) which is why you don't get an error in the StarSector log. Seeing as noone else (as far as I am aware) has reported a similar issue, it is almost certainly down to a combination of your OS and the Java install.

My only comment is that is this the latest version of Java?
Application Version:   6.0.180.7

If possible it may be best to completely remove all Java version from your PC and reinstall the latest version.

It may be best to post this in the 'Bug Reports and Support' section as well.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »

As for the constant messaging from a station invasion, I just got it on 0.53. It would appear to be caused by a new faction's out of system attack fleet targeting a station.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »

Most of that is meant to happen... the Out-of-Sector fleet(s) sieging a station, being informed of the siege, things like that. Just something randomly goes wrong at times and causes you to be repeatedly informed of such and the severity gets worse the more fleets are making an attack. It doesn't happen every time one of these incursion fleets attack, though, so,  ???

Also, do factions randomly decide to be -very- peaceful? When I started my save in 0.54, the Valkyrians set up shop then proceeded to do nothing for almost 3 in-game years and just be fed constantly by the TradeGuild till the Neutrino showed them the door. No allies, no enemies, no nothing. Just hanging around.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »

Love the mod, although one thing I noticed is that capital ships are really Really slow..

They are massive ships sure, but 12-20 speed? the battle is all but over before they get to it.

In big battles, you either need lots of fighters to cap the points or frigates, which with the speed the big ships are going are not going to survive long enough to get any help from the capital ships..

I would think somewhere between 30-40 would be pretty good, still slower than cruisers but still twice as fast as they are now?

Maybe I'm missing the point of them being so slow?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 10, 2013, 12:22:40 AM »

As for the constant messaging from a station invasion, I just got it on 0.53. It would appear to be caused by a new faction's out of system attack fleet targeting a station.

Yeah I should have a fix for it in the next version.

Also, do factions randomly decide to be -very- peaceful? When I started my save in 0.54, the Valkyrians set up shop then proceeded to do nothing for almost 3 in-game years and just be fed constantly by the TradeGuild till the Neutrino showed them the door. No allies, no enemies, no nothing. Just hanging around.

Haha well there are a number of factors that drive the diplomacy system. It could certainly result that way. By coming last, they were less likely to get wars. They should have been more likely to get allies (which could then drag them into a war) but it seems they didn't quite! Ideally a faction shouldn't do nothing (otherwise it's a bit boring) but due to a few things it could happen.

Love the mod, although one thing I noticed is that capital ships are really Really slow..

They are massive ships sure, but 12-20 speed? the battle is all but over before they get to it.

In big battles, you either need lots of fighters to cap the points or frigates, which with the speed the big ships are going are not going to survive long enough to get any help from the capital ships..

I would think somewhere between 30-40 would be pretty good, still slower than cruisers but still twice as fast as they are now?

Which faction are you playing as? Capital ships tend to be between 10-60ish speed wise. Some of the more dreadnought-ish ships are in the lower range, with the more nimble capital ships generally trading away weaponry and/or shields/armor.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 10, 2013, 12:33:42 AM »

Yeah I should have a fix for it in the next version.

Haha well there are a number of factors that drive the diplomacy system. It could certainly result that way. By coming last, they were less likely to get wars. They should have been more likely to get allies (which could then drag them into a war) but it seems they didn't quite! Ideally a faction shouldn't do nothing (otherwise it's a bit boring) but due to a few things it could happen.

Which faction are you playing as? Capital ships tend to be between 10-60ish speed wise. Some of the more dreadnought-ish ships are in the lower range, with the more nimble capital ships generally trading away weaponry and/or shields/armor.

So far I've played blackrock and council, working on shadowyard next.

I guess I need to make the distinction between capital and dreadnaught as well.. I saw them all as capital ships..

However, from my experience in this game, dreadnaught or not, no ship can survive alone against an army.. which considering how slow these ships are they will probably end up doing..

The times I've faced them I've always seen them be deployed last when the rest of the ships are either destroyed, or retreating. I just surround the ship and pick away at it until it has to drop shields from flux..

The game in it's current state favors attacks in force, it is hard to solo 3+ ships alone unless you are in an even faster ship..

Really looking forward to what this mod turns into with 0.6 :)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 10, 2013, 12:48:04 AM »

So far I've played blackrock and council, working on shadowyard next.

I guess I need to make the distinction between capital and dreadnaught as well.. I saw them all as capital ships..

However, from my experience in this game, dreadnaught or not, no ship can survive alone against an army.. which considering how slow these ships are they will probably end up doing..

The times I've faced them I've always seen them be deployed last when the rest of the ships are either destroyed, or retreating. I just surround the ship and pick away at it until it has to drop shields from flux..

The game in it's current state favors attacks in force, it is hard to solo 3+ ships alone unless you are in an even faster ship..

Really looking forward to what this mod turns into with 0.6 :)

Yeah likewise :) There are a lot of things that Alex & Co are either finalizing, making available to modders or adding into the game with StarSector 0.6 that I think will allow us all to have a lot of fun! That being said, I suspect the usefulness of Exerelin will diminish as StarSector moves to versions 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 and finally 1.0. Still, we'll see what happens. It might end up being a different game mode or something :)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 10, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »

Many Council ships trade their speed for firepower as you get bigger and bigger, while Blackrock ships never really slow down. The Blackrock's only capital is fairly nimble and it's more typical cruisers are still very fast with their specialized maneuvering jets. Council ships on the other hand are plodding and wreck anything that lets them get close. Their capitals are covered in  small energy slots, which can make for an awesome PD grid, though they're also generally leaning towards energy weapons in general and they don't have many long ranged energy weapons. Their typical heavy energy weapon consumes a terrifying amount of flux but does very good damage in return. Neutrino ships are also pretty slow, but dayum, you don't want those things keeping up with you.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 10, 2013, 01:24:47 AM »

Many Council ships trade their speed for firepower as you get bigger and bigger, while Blackrock ships never really slow down. The Blackrock's only capital is fairly nimble and it's more typical cruisers are still very fast with their specialized maneuvering jets. Council ships on the other hand are plodding and wreck anything that lets them get close. Their capitals are covered in  small energy slots, which can make for an awesome PD grid, though they're also generally leaning towards energy weapons in general and they don't have many long ranged energy weapons. Their typical heavy energy weapon consumes a terrifying amount of flux but does very good damage in return. Neutrino ships are also pretty slow, but dayum, you don't want those things keeping up with you.

Yeah, I just gotta keep trying different factions to learn which one is for me :)
- Maurice Switzer

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »

my Out of Sector attack fleet can't takeover enemy station
or mayby im just "lucky" , will wait for another one , maybe they will have more GUTS to take over Nihilic station  ;P

Edited: ok when my next out of the system attack fleets appears they succeed :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:44:06 PM by theSONY »
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »

hey Zaphide. could you maybe add this mod: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3893.0 to the vanilla factions to spice them up a bit, i know you said you probably weren't going to add more faction mods but this isn't a faction :P. you could make it an option for people becouse maybe some people don't like these new ships.
These ships are kitbashed and look pretty cool in my opinion and they're not overpowered (apart from maybe some but those aren't nihil/council level OP). would love to have this in so the vanilla factions feel more varied.

Philo_sophist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »

Repeatedly getting a java error:

722433 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(DirectByteBuffer.java:99)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:288)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.String.while$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I do have the latest JAVA version installed...seems as though I need to allocate more memory.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »

There are a lot of huge ships in Exerelin, and those sprites drain a lot of memory when loading.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 141