Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917119 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.54
« Reply #390 on: June 08, 2013, 12:46:43 AM »

Awwww c'mon zaphide, at least make an optional download with the extra mods, not EVERYONE has memory issues, and the load time is worth the wait! I guess I'll see about trying to add in this mod myself without messing anything up. Wish me luck folks!

Yeah I could... I did debate doing a few different versions (as I added more and more factions) but decided it's too much work to maintain them all :P I'm actually surprised that people struggle with performance issues playing the mod as I play on a fairly weak laptop and have never had any issues  ???

The other reason I am not in a hurry to add any more factions as with StarSector 0.6 around the corner a number of mods will either get updated or won't work that well anymore, and I'm sure I'll have plenty to do without trying to find more work :P

What I initially set out to achieve was you would have Exerelin installed and any other faction mods you wanted. Then, depending on which factions you had installed, it would use them when constructing the system. Unfortunately that info is unavailable (as far as I can tell) at the initial question phase, and I ran into a few other issues so I bundled a number of factions with Exerelin.

If you setup the other mod with the side-by-side method outlines in the first post then you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll help you sort them out.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 08, 2013, 01:33:21 AM »

What I initially set out to achieve was you would have Exerelin installed and any other faction mods you wanted. Then, depending on which factions you had installed, it would use them when constructing the system. Unfortunately that info is unavailable (as far as I can tell) at the initial question phase, and I ran into a few other issues so I bundled a number of factions with Exerelin.

You could check for the presence of that mod's generator (or any script exclusive to that mod, really), like this:
Code
        boolean isThuleLegacyPresent = false;
        try
        {
            // Check if Thule Legacy's generator is loaded by the game
            Global.getSettings().getScriptClassLoader().loadClass("data.scripts.world.TLGen");
            // If the above throws an exception, this line won't run
            isThuleLegacyPresent = true;
        }
        catch (ClassNotFoundException ex)
        {
            // Couldn't find Thule Legacy's generator
        }

if (isThuleLegacyPresent)
        {
            // Mod is loaded, do stuff
        }
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:39:36 AM by LazyWizard »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2013, 02:25:43 AM »

You could check for the presence of that mod's generator (or any script exclusive to that mod, really), like this:
Code
        boolean isThuleLegacyPresent = false;
        try
        {
            // Check if Thule Legacy's generator is loaded by the game
            Global.getSettings().getScriptClassLoader().loadClass("data.scripts.world.TLGen");
            // If the above throws an exception, this line won't run
            isThuleLegacyPresent = true;
        }
        catch (ClassNotFoundException ex)
        {
            // Couldn't find Thule Legacy's generator
        }

if (isThuleLegacyPresent)
        {
            // Mod is loaded, do stuff
        }

Oooohhhh most interesting! Thanks! The other main issue was generators clashing (in fact I basically want to cancel generators other than Exerelin's loading). I couldn't think of a way to do this either... Any thoughts about that Mr Helpful Wizard? :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2013, 02:43:49 AM »

What's wrong with the method you're using now, overwriting generators.csv and having the choices during character creation be used to setup the system? You're handling the sector generation, spawn points and faction relations yourself, right? What parts of their generators would you be using?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2013, 03:15:31 AM »

What's wrong with the method you're using now, overwriting generators.csv and having the choices during character creation be used to setup the system? You're handling the sector generation, spawn points and faction relations yourself, right? What parts of their generators would you be using?

Yeah none, but I thought they conflict? As in mine or theirs run first, which then causes the next one to fail. At least i think thats what happened. Hmmm this was all some time ago so I'll have anothe play round and see what happens. Anyway, thanks I really appreciate the help :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »

If you're replacing generators.csv no other mod's generators will run. The code I posted a few posts back just checks if the class exists (meaning the mod is tagged in the launcher), it doesn't actually run the generator. :)

josh5671

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2013, 04:43:37 AM »

Code
323150 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.EventOutSystemReinforcements.callReinforcementFleets(EventOutSystemReinforcements.java:67)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.EventManager.runEvents(EventManager.java:47)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.runDaily$(SystemManager.java:68)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.doIntervalChecks$(SystemManager.java:211)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.advance(SystemManager.java:355)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.???000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Get a null error just now, after a battle.
not sure what problem

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »

about my game running problem:
abaut long save i do this thing that Alex was mentioning in other post
(Side note: if you edit settings.json and set "compressSaveGameData":true, the saves will be *much* smaller and the loading times will speed up correspondingly. On the downside, you won't be able to hand-edit the save files anymore.)
it cut the save time in half
about freezing & stuff like that:well i start a new game ,same settings same faction (thules) & it was't THAT bad till my faction helps independents with their war so i got  2 other factions on me (Nihilic Empire & valkyrians)
so i was like: ok, fine , bring it on till this (3-4 days after war declaration)
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
& its not stopping , i got that raports but after 4-5 lines it disapear till next day rapport
frame rate drop drastically , to 12 FPS
 my average frame rate is above 30-40
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »

I think my babies want your station..pretty badly.. you better hand it over :P

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's not meant to happen. Even if a siege fleet is moved off of a station by a threat, when they come back they'll just continue their mission without repeatedly telling you.

My saves get slower and slower to load the more I play.

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »

My saves get slower and slower to load the more I play.
yes im aware of that , but i got longer saves on the 209 cycle not on the 6-8 months in the game
i dunno maybe its about numbers of the fleets on the system map or  i dunno
thats reminds me , dont you think that there are way TOO much fleets on the map? becouse its getting crowded from from version to version

I think my babies want your station..pretty badly.. you better hand it over :P
till i lvl up some (currently lvl 3) then i'll *** valkyrians like *pow pow pow whoosh whoosh whoosblargblarghabargbang*
BTW Val, i don;t like your faster system vessel , to me it just like Valkyrians lost their identity, Big mean but slow
well maybe "don't like" is too much to say , its somehow doesn't  fit your earlier work ;P
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:47:31 PM by theSONY »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »

The #YOLO Inquisitor that charges forth into the fray?

On another note, the Vatican IV has those mini antiproton cannons near it's ass. The sound effects of those things sounded pretty familiar. And after downloading the DLC for SoaSE and playing ~7 hours of that in a game with a near unbeatable turtle, I think I know why, advent weapons have that sound effect.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

Code
323150 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.EventOutSystemReinforcements.callReinforcementFleets(EventOutSystemReinforcements.java:67)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.EventManager.runEvents(EventManager.java:47)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.runDaily$(SystemManager.java:68)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.doIntervalChecks$(SystemManager.java:211)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.advance(SystemManager.java:355)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.???000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Get a null error just now, after a battle.
not sure what problem

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yeah it's not meant to do that... I had that happen when I was developing and it will end up crashing the game. Any chance you just overwrote .53 with .54? Rather than doing a full replace?

RE the too many fleets, yeah I agree. The fleets are a bit smarter now so I think I could easily reduce the number of fleets but also increase their max sizes a bit too.

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 08, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »

Yeah it's not meant to do that... I had that happen when I was developing and it will end up crashing the game. Any chance you just overwrote .53 with .54? Rather than doing a full replace?

99% not
i learn it already that you just DON'T do that
but there's always that 1%
so if happens again i'll be 100% sure
so i'll just wait & see

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 08, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

I had that happen earlier, too. http://i.imgur.com/qoHcxqG.jpg
It is all fresh. I never overwrite mods. Always delete the folder, then replace with new mod.
I did actually fight those fleets, too. All 4 of them. With my one Venator and two shadowyards fighter wings. And after all that and barely surviving the last fight because a dominator just pumped hellbores into my ass when I'm using augmented engines and unstable injectors so my engines were out forever, still lost the station anyway. Went to dock there, repair with the ~3000 supplies I got from the fight, lolno, this is Hegemony now. Okay.jpg

EDIT:
http://i.imgur.com/sxhaThD.jpg
So I had a near-death experience when two Onslaughts with double sensor array buffs wanted to play rough with me. Survived that engagement, actually got one of the Onslaughts to surrender. Then I lost my ship due being way over the fleet max. Feels were had.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:26:54 PM by Silver Silence »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 141