Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917113 times)

KingRice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.53
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2013, 03:04:18 AM »

You are correct, that is a bug :( I'll fix it tonight (there is a calculation to slow down and eventually stop supply convoys if the station has a lot of resources, unfortunately I was being vastly over stringent). Thanks for passing it on!

Just out of curiosity, are you sure you're playing the most recent version (0.53)? Just that in your screen shot it appears your team is the player green colour. I changed that in the most recent version (along with a few other things). :)

Ah, I'm on 0.51, I'll update it now :P

But yeah thanks for the mod, its great fun :D

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2013, 03:07:14 AM »

You are correct, that is a bug :( I'll fix it tonight (there is a calculation to slow down and eventually stop supply convoys if the station has a lot of resources, unfortunately I was being vastly over stringent). Thanks for passing it on!

Just out of curiosity, are you sure you're playing the most recent version (0.53)? Just that in your screen shot it appears your team is the player green colour. I changed that in the most recent version (along with a few other things). :)

Ah, I'm on 0.51, I'll update it now :P

But yeah thanks for the mod, its great fun :D

Bear in mind that save files will not be compatible between the earlier versions and 0.53. The bug fix I'll put out tonight will be compatible with 0.53.

And you're welcome :)

KingRice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2013, 03:12:30 AM »

Bear in mind that save files will not be compatible between the earlier versions and 0.53. The bug fix I'll put out tonight will be compatible with 0.53.

And you're welcome :)
Haha thats fine, my faction got too strong anyway, I need to try another one :P

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »

Ah I do so love using a faction's weapons against them. Unstable Photon Cannons f**ks with their shield AI so much which lets me strafe Gladiator Beams across their hull. Now just imagine. 6 of these Beams. And all equipped with the TachLance's special EMP lightning effect. Blows out weapons, engines, ship systems, everything. And then I just keep messing with their shields with the Photon Cannons and lazing an unshielded part of their hull with the Gladiators till they die. Even the Valkyrian Vaticans with their stupendous amount of guns and engines can only take 2 volleys from these Gladiators till everything is burned out. Also, Hawk III, pretty insane OP allowances and if, like me, you don't use missiles all that much, you can forego the ~10 missile slots all over it's hull and invest 70-80 OP into hullmods. Can't wait to find a Venator, though.

However, at one point my faction, the Council, did actually get pushed out of Exerelin. Annoyingly, stations that get captured are cleared of their weapon inventories. Thankfully, they are not cleared of their ship inventories. Annoyingly, the Omnifactory and Storage are still in orbit near a now-Valkyrian station. Thankfully, everyone became neutral when the Council left. Annoyingly, the Council came back with a vengeance and decided to take on the Junk Pirates, also incurring the wrath of the Lotus, Neutrino and Valkyrians in the process. Thankfully, I've leveled up enough to be able to take on most L4 fleets with the possible exception of the Neutrino and their damned Banshees. They're almost as annoying as the Halo Banshees. Damn missile spam.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.54
« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2013, 03:06:17 PM »

A bug fix update to fix a few issues. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43834064/Exerelin_0.54.zip

EDIT: This should be save compatible with v0.53
EDIT2: Link is broken. I will fix when I can.
EDIT3: Fixed!

Code
v0.54
 - Changed reinforcement fleets to pick a more appropriate attack location
   - They also have a chance to defend an under attack station of their faction

- Fixed issue with starting with one less faction than specified in the system setup
 - Fixed issue with supply convoys stopping delivering resources
 - Fixed issue with the rebel insurrection event (far too few or far too many fleets were switching to rebels)
 - Fixed issue with weapons not being removed correctly when over 30
 - Fixed issue with ships not being removed correctly when over 25
 - Fixed issue with ships not clearing from a station when taken over

- Slightly increased the resource cost of factions deploying capitals and fighters
 - Slightly reduced  the resource cost of factions deploying cruisers
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:47:21 AM by Zaphide »

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »

Link's broken, Zaph.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »

Code
v0.54

Wait, that wasn't intentional?  :'(

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »

Link's broken, Zaph.

Damn... I'll have to fix later today sorry :(

Code
v0.54

Wait, that wasn't intentional?  :'(

Nope, it was meant to clear everything (destroyed in the takeover) :P

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »

Ah well. I'll grab the new version when it's link is fixed and hope the Council stops picking a 4 on 1 fight against the Neutrino/Valkyrian/Junk Pirate/Lotus Conglomerate power bloc that's formed in my save.

EDIT:
Well, I can't load my save anymore. Starfarer gets to about 95% loading then dies. GG.
Exerelin Save if anyone wants to play it. I can't anymore. You'll have 3 fairly powerful frigates and the storage yard in orbit over Arya holds a few capital ships. Some of them are in disrepair because I dropped them off without the supplies to fix them. The Omnifactory has a ton of weaponry to outfit ships with as well as several fighters to buy, including the godly Serkets. Have fun. If you can load, anyway. All factions -ARE- in-game. However I think the Antediluvians got shunted out and have been gone for ages. That or I'm blind. IFed have been gone for quite a while and have only recently (within the past hour of play) managed to secure a footing again. Current hostilities are with Lotus, Junkers, Valkyrians and Relics. No allies.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Those 3 frigates are also pretty godly and you can totally expect those little things to bring down Valkyrian Vaticans with relative ease. The Elder Drone Autofactory (D.A class) of the Relics will give you issues with massed needler drones. That's the only ship I've ever had difficulty with. Never engaged the Nihil ever because the Nihil has never bothered the Council and vice versa.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:59:11 PM by Silver Silence »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 07, 2013, 12:48:29 AM »

Link's broken, Zaph.

Fixed :)

Sorry for the delay!

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2013, 04:45:01 AM »

Time to start over~!

Who to be... Who to be... Who to be...
On the one hand, I really like the IFed's weapon selections but don't like most of their ships. I like the Council ships, don't so much like their weapon selection. Might play a smaller game, not have ~20 planets and 30 stations. Maybe 10-20 planets and equivalent number of stations. I'll go Council again. Hopefully the admiral won't pick a fight with the local bloc. And hopefully I'll find a Venator.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 07, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

May I suggest adding this fleet mod to your mod http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3043.0. (if you can get the guys permission) The ships look out of place from the pictures, but ingame they look really good and not out of place at all! in my opinion. They are pretty balanced, fun to use and unique too.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 07, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »

i dunno how about latest ver. (0.54) because   i have some difficulties when im on the system map,
game freezes (more then usual) no sound when it happens , saves take more time (even at the beggining at the game) same for loading game save
i just check (again) how  0.53v is working for me & im 70% sure it run's smoother then 0.54
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 07, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »

May I suggest adding this fleet mod to your mod http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3043.0. (if you can get the guys permission) The ships look out of place from the pictures, but ingame they look really good and not out of place at all! in my opinion. They are pretty balanced, fun to use and unique too.

At this stage I doubt I'll add more factions to the mod, mainly because it already seems to cause some people issues with memory use and load times. Once StarSector 0.6 is released I'll see how it's going and may add more then.

It is (fairly) easy to set it up to run alongside other mods, you just have to tweak a few things in each mod. There is a how-to on the first page (use the preferred method if possible).

i dunno how about latest ver. (0.54) because   i have some difficulties when im on the system map,
game freezes (more then usual) no sound when it happens , saves take more time (even at the beggining at the game) same for loading game save
i just check (again) how  0.53v is working for me & im 70% sure it run's smoother then 0.54

You're 70% sure? :P Hmmm that is weird, I barely changed anything at all, and it shouldn't have to load/save more data. I'll see if I can track anything down but for me it is the same (and I play on a very low spec laptop).

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 07, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »

Awwww c'mon zaphide, at least make an optional download with the extra mods, not EVERYONE has memory issues, and the load time is worth the wait! I guess I'll see about trying to add in this mod myself without messing anything up. Wish me luck folks!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 141