Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917076 times)

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.52
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »

+1 for this idea ^^^^^^^^^^
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 02, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

Yeah, that would great! A very small amount of totally random, maybe rotating (bi-)monthly items that are 2-3 times more expensive than usual and it would be a cool little goodie bag to check out when you got the time and the cash. A random ship here and there would be cool too. Oooh maybe every once and awhile you will get a ship that is a different variant and outfitted, like someone just sold their ship with the weapons included?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »

The variant thing might be a bit difficult, someone would have to make each variant themselves.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »

Awesome! Had a watch and can say I've added other faction ships/weapons to player stations. Should result in 10-20% other factions stuff in your stations. Next version (soon).

Nice! Cool, I like that idea. Have you thought about adding in maybe an independant sort of black market station that can sell things from other factions at inflated prices?? That would also maybe combat the extra credits you end up with too.

Yeah but I'm not sure how to do the inflate price bit. I'll look into it and see if I can come up with something!

For the time being, I the next version ships and weapons in stations will rotate if they get above a certain number, which should mean each time you visit there's different stuff and maybe other factions ships/weapons.

As for the full setup variants I could certainly just use the variants already defined (I actually already have some code to do this). But yeah, main issue is the pricing. Ideally I want the player to mainly use their factions ships with whichever other ships they manage to get hold of. So I feel the price would need to be inflated to make you really want that other ship :)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

Why not let us buy from factions we're allied with?

Also there needs to be a way to check the current alliances so we know who to attack and who's friendly.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »

Agreed. I think the inflated price would be key and also keeping in line with the rest of the mod. At first I didn't like how you couldn't buy anyone elses stuff after playing other TC mods where you have this massive arsenal at your disposal but now I think it's really awesome because all that cool stuff is still out there but you get to discover it and work for it. That my friend, is good fun and rewarding gameplay ;)

Perhaps Sadlywish, the coder for the Fairy Empire mod would have some insight on how to make it happen. There is a simple but functional little trade system in that mod where certain goods have differnt prices in different stations.

EDIT: That's a cool idea too about being able to buy from your allies. It might not be too OP because in my playthrough right now, I am at war with three factions and allied with none  :-\
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:27:24 PM by joey4track »

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2013, 08:24:41 PM »

41741 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - Setting mission                                                                        1      0.06s    100.00%
41741 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Created preview                                                                      1      0.03s     56.14%
41741 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Updating ORBAT widget                                                                1      0.02s     33.33%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -     Updating fleets                                                                    1      0.02s     33.33%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -       Adding ships to fleet widget                                                     2      0.02s     31.58%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Adding tooltip                                                                10      0.01s     19.30%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Adding member icon                                                            10      0.01s     12.28%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -           Creating FMIcon                                                             10      0.00s      7.02%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -           Other                                                                        -      0.00s      5.26%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -           Sorting members                                                             10      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Setting icon params                                                           10      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Fetching button                                                               10      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Other                                                                          -      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -       Other                                                                            -      0.00s      1.75%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -     Other                                                                              -      0.00s      0.00%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Text & typer                                                                         1      0.00s      8.77%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Updating objectives widget                                                           1      0.00s      1.75%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Updating flagship                                                                    1      0.00s      0.00%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Other                                                                                -      0.00s      0.00%
41744 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Error that occurs sometimes in-game or in the start menu.

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »

I've actually already talked about this myself and I've done a tiny bit of work on it.  You see, the problem is that those stations are never loaded with cargo in the first place.  If you do start allowing non-player stations to take cargo, they can buy from them no matter the hostility level.

The best solution I've come up with is to give each station a second cargo variable, one where, when not allied, the station dump their cargo information into it then clear their cargo.  Then, when allied, they can reinstate their cargo using this second variable.  It's just work I haven't been able to do much work on, sadly.  My time has just been dominated by my other mods and work and ect.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:44 AM »

41741 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - Setting mission                                                                        1      0.06s    100.00%
41741 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Created preview                                                                      1      0.03s     56.14%
41741 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Updating ORBAT widget                                                                1      0.02s     33.33%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -     Updating fleets                                                                    1      0.02s     33.33%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -       Adding ships to fleet widget                                                     2      0.02s     31.58%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Adding tooltip                                                                10      0.01s     19.30%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Adding member icon                                                            10      0.01s     12.28%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -           Creating FMIcon                                                             10      0.00s      7.02%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -           Other                                                                        -      0.00s      5.26%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -           Sorting members                                                             10      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Setting icon params                                                           10      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Fetching button                                                               10      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -         Other                                                                          -      0.00s      0.00%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -       Other                                                                            -      0.00s      1.75%
41742 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -     Other                                                                              -      0.00s      0.00%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Text & typer                                                                         1      0.00s      8.77%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Updating objectives widget                                                           1      0.00s      1.75%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Updating flagship                                                                    1      0.00s      0.00%
41743 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  -   Other                                                                                -      0.00s      0.00%
41744 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [variant id] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Error that occurs sometimes in-game or in the start menu.

Fixed in the next version :) silly mistake by me...

I've actually already talked about this myself and I've done a tiny bit of work on it.  You see, the problem is that those stations are never loaded with cargo in the first place.  If you do start allowing non-player stations to take cargo, they can buy from them no matter the hostility level.

The best solution I've come up with is to give each station a second cargo variable, one where, when not allied, the station dump their cargo information into it then clear their cargo.  Then, when allied, they can reinstate their cargo using this second variable.  It's just work I haven't been able to do much work on, sadly.  My time has just been dominated by my other mods and work and ect.

Well I've done a lot of work on the station stuff for the next version and have implemented a kind of station extension wrapper class where I store extra things about each station. Sounds like a good place for a second cargo variable :)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2013, 01:27:19 AM »

I think you are missing a weapon or 2 from my mod, I cannot find any wraith class missiles nor any storm lancers, what version did i give you?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2013, 01:58:07 AM »

I think you are missing a weapon or 2 from my mod, I cannot find any wraith class missiles nor any storm lancers, what version did i give you?

Looks like it. Here is the full list for the faction:
Code
                                        "ether_driver",
"irpdburst",
"irpdcannon",
"quadheavymg",
"lightflak",
"lrflak",
"heavyneedler",
"lightneedler",
"heavylancer",
"lightlancer",
"hephag",
"gauss",
"ibcm",
"lightdualmg",
"scorpionpod",
"scorpion",
"sabotpod",
"sabot",
"pilum",
"antiproton_laser",
"lightflak",
"lrflak",
"irpdburst",
"irpdcannon",

I jsut grabbed the latest version from your thread. I might need to upgrade them?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:06 AM »

Could give you the dev, it pretty much finished and waiting for further changes in the coming 0.6, there is still some funnies in there however, non complete ships and weapons that aren't used in the campaign and some stuff i made for l0lz, but i'm pretty sure there should be wraiths and all lancers in 1.0.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2013, 02:53:05 AM »

Could give you the dev, it pretty much finished and waiting for further changes in the coming 0.6, there is still some funnies in there however, non complete ships and weapons that aren't used in the campaign and some stuff i made for l0lz, but i'm pretty sure there should be wraiths and all lancers in 1.0.

I have added the wraithe and storm lancer for next version, so they should be delivered to stations now.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.53
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2013, 05:47:56 AM »

And here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43834064/Exerelin_0.53.zip

There has been a LOT of changes 'under the hood' to extend the station/fleet/diplomacy structures to support some of the new features (and provide more of a foundation for further new features) so in spite of my testing there may be a few niggly bugs. Please let me know if you notice anything.

Notables include a few new system events, new traders that distribute a few random ships/weapons from other factions and cleaned up a number of loose ends.

Full changes:
Code
 - Added possibility of out system reinforcement fleets for non-leading factions
   - Attack a random enemy station
 - Added possibility of a station explosion destroying resources/weapons/ships and causing a loss in efficiency for a time period
   - Remote possibility of a catastrophic accident causing station to be abandoned
 - Added possibility of a station seceding from a faction to another faction
   - Currently only implemented for factions not present in Exerelin but will be expanded
 - Added Trade Guild Traders
   - Go from station to station and trade resources
   - Will trade to player stations ships/weapons from previous stations faction

- Changed station names to be unique
 - Changed player to actually be their chosen faction (rather than appear as Player independent Attack Fleet it will now appear as Independent Attack Fleet)
   - Players faction fleets/stations now have appropriate faction colour
   - On respawn after a total defeat, player now starts from one of their stations
   - On respawn after a total defeat, player starts with a frigate from their faction
   - On start or respawn player fleet will now start with appropriate crew/supplies/fuel levels
 - Changed station attack fleets to hover over station they are attacking rather than fly around
   - Changed boarding timer to be different each time
 - Changed rebel fleet insurrection numbers to base off system ownership level
 - Changed neutral colour from grey to invisible (for Omnifactory and Storage)

- If ships/weapons are being added to a station over 25/30 it will now remove some weapons
   - Should result in a cycle of ships/weapons through stations
 - Patrol fleets now help defend own factions stations under attack
   - Also will help defend allied stations under attack
 - In System Supply Fleets prioritise own stations under attack
   - Also will help allied stations under attack

- Further reduced likelihood of small fleets (< 40fp) with a lone capital ship in them

- Fixed "Varient Id of [Varient ID] not found" error (my silly error)
 - Fixed missing wraith and storm lancer for Valkyrian
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:57:16 AM by Zaphide »

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.53
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2013, 09:41:01 AM »

Oh snap! Nice thing to wake up to. Do I need to start a new game for this update? Sorry if this has been mentioned before I'm just in the middle of my let's play and don't want to start over if I don't have to(even though I am about to die anyway :P)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 141