Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917082 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.52
« Reply #300 on: May 29, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »

My dream game would be something akin to a bastard son of Starfarer and X. But I think we're a little off topic.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2013, 12:55:27 AM »

I suppose, but my aim is to take the customisability and fleet management of Excerelin and combine it with the trading and bounties etc in the World War mod. Maybe add a dash of the Titan mod in terms of raw battle size :D
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2013, 02:54:30 AM »

Yeah, I kinda feel without trading and fuel etc.. this game is pretty much a combat only game but I guess all that stuff will be in the full vanilla version anyway, I'm just impatient :)

My dream game would be Starsector meets Distant Worlds meets Privateer :D

For me, StarSector (0.54) + Distant Worlds (empire building/diplomacy/research) + Escape Velocity(exploration/trade) :) (also add a dash of Drox Operative randomisation in there too)

Hopefully StarSector 1.0 will have most of the other two and then my dream game will be StarSector :D

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2013, 04:28:46 AM »

Zaph' check the neutrino out-system supply convoy if the spawning rate ain't to big
i dunno what triggers the out-system supplay to spawn (numbers of the stations?)
but i see them really ofthen
in one week i smash it like 3 or 4 fleets like that (to stop their growth ;P) but i can count at least 4 more on the map
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2013, 07:03:44 AM »

Zaph' check the neutrino out-system supply convoy if the spawning rate ain't to big
i dunno what triggers the out-system supplay to spawn (numbers of the stations?)
but i see them really ofthen
in one week i smash it like 3 or 4 fleets like that (to stop their growth ;P) but i can count at least 4 more on the map

Yeah there is a max of one per station, and they are all on separate timers. There are a couple of other checks done but the spawn timer is the same for all factions. Anyways, I'll have a look. I've changed quite a bit of that stuff for the next version, so there will be less station supply convoys anyway.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2013, 08:15:26 AM »

ow, ok , then i must count precisely the numbers of their station & compare to the numbers of the out-system supply convoy
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »

Hey everyone, I just started a let's play of this mod because I haven't seen any vids on youtube featuring it. I am just starting my channel so go easy on me :P

I am still somewhat a noob in Starsector, I just started playing a week ago but I have logged quite a lot of hours so I am not a total distaster but if anyone has any tips etc. I'm all ears!

Here is the link to the first ep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTWxvKH28s

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2013, 02:35:12 PM »

The game seems to crash when minimized with the mod working, attempting to reopen it results in a small black box in the top left.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

Hey everyone, I just started a let's play of this mod because I haven't seen any vids on youtube featuring it. I am just starting my channel so go easy on me :P

I am still somewhat a noob in Starsector, I just started playing a week ago but I have logged quite a lot of hours so I am not a total distaster but if anyone has any tips etc. I'm all ears!

Here is the link to the first ep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTWxvKH28s

Awesome! Had a watch and can say I've added other faction ships/weapons to player stations. Should result in 10-20% other factions stuff in your stations. Next version (soon).

The game seems to crash when minimized with the mod working, attempting to reopen it results in a small black box in the top left.

Hmm I haven't had this happen to me (although I haven't played it on a PC since 0.4ish). Does it happen even without the mod? I can't think why any of the Exerelin code would cause this...

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2013, 05:45:34 PM »

I have problem.
Everyone can conquer a abandoned station.  :Dyes
I can conquer a AI's station. :Dyes
AI can conquer a AI's station. :Dyes
AI can't conquer my station. ???What?
They fly around and around,and game system tell me they board my station again and again.But the station still belong to me.Why?
Is something wrong in InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java and OutSystemStationAttackFleet.java ?
because

private Script createTestTargetScript() {
               ........................................................................
              Global.getSector().addMessage.............................(others board my station)
               8)>there is nothing<
             }

private Script createArrivedScript() {
             ..........................................................................
             Global.getSector().addMessage..............................(I/someone board others station)
              8) >>>>System.out.println.................            
   >>>>String originalOwningFactionId = ExerelinUtils.getStationOwnerFactionId(theTarget);
              >>>>theTarget.setFaction(theFaction);
   >>>>theTarget.getCargo().clear();
   >>>>if(theFaction.equalsIgnoreCase("player"))
   >>>>theTarget.getCargo().setFreeTransfer(ExerelinData.getInstance().playerOwnedStationFreeTransfer);
   >>>>else
   >>>>theTarget.getCargo().setFreeTransfer(false);

>>>>// Update relationship
   >>>>if(!originalOwningFactionId.equalsIgnoreCase("abandoned"))
   >>>>ExerelinData.getInstance().diplomacyManager.updateRelationshipOnEvent(originalOwningFactionId, theFaction, "LostStation");
              }
Is these script controls "conquer stations"?
Or I just do something wrong ?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 02, 2013, 05:49:13 PM »

It takes the attack fleets time to conquer a station, it is not instant. Whenever a station attack fleet reaches a station, it will go to it, fly around it for a while, and THEN capture it. This is for both AI against AI and AI against the player. The "your station is being boarded" warning is telling you that a fleet has started flying around your station. You usually still have time to stop it.

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »

It takes the attack fleets time to conquer a station, it is not instant. Whenever a station attack fleet reaches a station, it will go to it, fly around it for a while, and THEN capture it. This is for both AI against AI and AI against the player. The "your station is being boarded" warning is telling you that a fleet has started flying around your station. You usually still have time to stop it.

Thank you for reslove my questions.
 ;D

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »

Thank you for reslove my questions.
 ;D

In the next version attack ships will just sit on top of the station when boarding, making it a little more obvious what's going on :)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 02, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »

Awesome! Had a watch and can say I've added other faction ships/weapons to player stations. Should result in 10-20% other factions stuff in your stations. Next version (soon).

Nice! Cool, I like that idea. Have you thought about adding in maybe an independant sort of black market station that can sell things from other factions at inflated prices?? That would also maybe combat the extra credits you end up with too.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »

Nice! Cool, I like that idea. Have you thought about adding in maybe an independant sort of black market station that can sell things from other factions at inflated prices?? That would also maybe combat the extra credits you end up with too.

Now THAT might be something to add! You could have it not stock all that many weapons or ships at any one time, but completely update its stock often so that whenever the player has the time to go and check it, they are sure to see something different which they might want to buy.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 141