Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917150 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Exerelin - Dynamic system and faction war mod
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »

getting things for free gets boring since you can easily get a huge fleet (take all the reserve in your faction) and steamroll everyone
mmm.... tartiflette

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »

getting things for free gets boring since you can easily get a huge fleet (take all the reserve in your faction) and steamroll everyone

well thats not how its been going for me up to now. if anything, my current save would have been absolutely unplayable if it wasent for me choosing free stuff at the start

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »

well thats not how its been going for me up to now. if anything, my current save would have been absolutely unplayable if it wasent for me choosing free stuff at the start
well i chose "pay" option at the first time & it was OK
but then i'll start a NEW game (dunno why) & i choosen FREE option & if your not plaing as Tritech's your done
i think theres way TOO many atlas/capture ships spawning ,or is it just me ?
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »

when not playing as tri-tach would screw me up ?
(i might have an idea, right now im allied to them but in my save, they have huuuuuge fleet defending theire based while mine are all tiny :(

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »

@the SONY: not just you.... camping for lone atlases and selling off the copious amount of supplies + fuel has made me much profit
mmm.... tartiflette

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »

Oh damn. Mind if integrate this into a few mods of mine? Saves me (and wizzy, in the long run :P) a ton of work. :D

No problem  :)

Ah, this is pretty nice. Is the number of factions randomised? I've got a system with just 'player' (Independent, I assume, as that's who I selected during chargen) and the pirates. Will TriTach/Hegemony show up later, or did I just end up with a 2-person system by chance?

Yep, starting factiosn are randomised. Every once in a while a faction that is not active in the system will respawn an out system fleet to try to take back a station (and hopefully more from there!).

no worry Gunny, old dogs remember your mod ;)

@Zaphide it would be lovley if defited factions spawn a bigger asault-captured fleet so they can comeback to the game after time (3 months or more ) cuz well... i'm.... well I LOST :D somehow tri-bastards rule all the stations & nothing mine or other faction is spawning :)

Edited: New game , 4 starting fleets (includes player) TriTech 2x no hegemony (i'm a independents)
Spoiler
[close]

Yep I need to add a quick comeback fleet for the player (will be in next version) :)

I'm on my 2nd month right now and there's 0 missile weapons in the whole system... does this  change the further in i go?

Also when stations get captured (from other factions, not abandoned) they don't change color, might want to look into that

Stations can't change color, unfortuantely a limitation of the vanilla game (unless I have missed something?)

And yeah the weapons thing can be annoying, more weapons get delivered by the supply fleets but it can be slim pickings at the start. I may need to up the number that are delivered per supply convoy :)

This is actually why I included the free option. Due to the randomness of it all, it can sometimes work out very difficult, and the free stuff takes the edge off. Also, when a faction conquers another factions station the cargo in that station is cleared.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

well i chose "pay" option at the first time & it was OK
but then i'll start a NEW game (dunno why) & i choosen FREE option & if your not plaing as Tritech's your done
i think theres way TOO many atlas/capture ships spawning ,or is it just me ?

Yeah it could possibly do with a tonedown. As noted below above though, it can be a good way to scum for some money if you choose the pay option (especially if you can board one).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:25:47 PM by Zaphide »

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »

ok so...im playing tri-tach now and im only receiving ballistic weapons...

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 03:09:54 AM »

nice mod, again. Just getting a bearing on how these things work right now.

a few suggestions/things I'd like to point out:

a) faction specific weapon delivery (no tachyon lance for hegemony, for example)

b) faction specific ships (tri-tach don't use tarsus, they use buffalo)

c) maybe lengthier take over process (something more than just an atlas landing)

what I did for Exar was I had the take over fleet (which, given, is a huge armada instead of a lone ship) hovering on the station for about 2 weeks before finishing the capture, this more or less eliminates "ninja capping" whereby the defenders are distracted while an atlas sneaks in and clears the station's supplies
mmm.... tartiflette

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »

nice mod, again. Just getting a bearing on how these things work right now.

a few suggestions/things I'd like to point out:

a) faction specific weapon delivery (no tachyon lance for hegemony, for example)

b) faction specific ships (tri-tach don't use tarsus, they use buffalo)

c) maybe lengthier take over process (something more than just an atlas landing)

what I did for Exar was I had the take over fleet (which, given, is a huge armada instead of a lone ship) hovering on the station for about 2 weeks before finishing the capture, this more or less eliminates "ninja capping" whereby the defenders are distracted while an atlas sneaks in and clears the station's supplies

Thanks Gunny, really appreciate the feedback! I've actually already added your suggestions a and b into my own dev version already (along with a few other bits and bobs) so they'll be in the next version :)

As for c yeah I agree the ninja capping is a bit of an issue, but I quite like the vulnerable single atlas doing the takeover bit as it can allow you to defend a station with a small fleet (while dodging all the big fleets!) Perhaps it shouldn't be instantaneous, that would probably fix the ninja issue, as a single atlas runs away from pretty much anything.

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »

i had 3-4 battles with "friendly" faction & still Friendly ^^

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »

having faction specific weapons being delivered is the biggest problem i hope gets solved soon.

i played tri-tach for super long the other night and i was having the hardest time ever to deck the few ship i had. i kept getting ballistic weapons. large one more often than smaller one too !
even if i had played hegemony i would be in doodoo

theSONY

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »

having faction specific weapons being delivered is the biggest problem i hope gets solved soon.

i played tri-tach for super long the other night and i was having the hardest time ever to deck the few ship i had. i kept getting ballistic weapons. large one more often than smaller one too !
even if i had played hegemony i would be in doodoo
its just like RPG Diablo like games , play as barbarian get rouge/sorcerer epic loot :D

PS: sad thing is sad, when you conQer the whole system finally i can look myself in the mirror  ;D

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »

hmm...

I just started a new game and 3 planets are called Sanctuary....

Maybe you should remove a name from the list after you use it
mmm.... tartiflette

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »

I tried runnig it, it just kept crashing my game. It said that there was a compiling error.
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 141