Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917120 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1140 on: October 08, 2013, 11:14:30 PM »

Just had a interesting problem , I am pretty sure it is not a bug.
Okay, I started a new game...move my fleet to cap a station.
While I was wondering around universe, I got a message, the Bushi station (faction I am playing) has suffered a accident and is being abandoned.
Now , I am stuck cause it is begining of the game and I have no resources to recap another station. And the station I caped eariler has not spawned any othe fleet yet. I was forced to start another new game. It is kinda funny.

Actually I'd say that really should be a bug; the game should prevent fatal accidents on your last station, because later on that could really screw you. Efficiency-reducing accidents are probably something to fall back on under those specific conditions.

Yep that's a bug; thanks for reporting that :)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 08, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »

Zaphide, does Exerelin currently exert any control over the AI-vs-AI autoresolve?
I've noticed that Blackrock fleets seem to be significantly underperforming in this regard (things like Sentinel fleets with two Nevermores losing to a numerically equal Sindrian fleet whose biggest ship is a Sunder) and was wondering if it would be possible to fix this somehow (even if it's something as crude as a fudge factor applied to all BRDY non-fighter ships).

Or is autoresolve an "ask the mod's dev" thing?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:46:52 PM by Histidine »

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 08, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »

I found something odd..

I usually start my first couple days mining asteroids to make some money, but I forgot to unmothball the mining drones.. yet they still work!

I now have 3 mothballed mining drones in my fleet and they still mine just fine..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »

I just sent a pull request; I tweaked some of the rebel fleet spawn code and I've been having quite a bit of fun with it in my play-testing.

I also found a bug... looks like a NPE when a faction is completely killed out of the game:

Spoiler
Code
2725257 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.removeFactionFromAlliance$(DiplomacyManager.java:1032)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.declarePeaceWithAllFactions(DiplomacyManager.java:824)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.updateRelationshipOnEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:666)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord.setOwner(StationRecord.java:122)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$2.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:187)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.????00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Probably send you a pull request for that too.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 09, 2013, 12:21:01 AM »

I just sent a pull request; I tweaked some of the rebel fleet spawn code and I've been having quite a bit of fun with it in my play-testing.

I also found a bug... looks like a NPE when a faction is completely killed out of the game:

Spoiler
Code
2725257 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.removeFactionFromAlliance$(DiplomacyManager.java:1032)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.declarePeaceWithAllFactions(DiplomacyManager.java:824)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.updateRelationshipOnEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:666)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord.setOwner(StationRecord.java:122)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$2.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:187)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.????00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Probably send you a pull request for that too.

Thanks :) I really appreciate the additions and fixes! (and the code clean up ;))

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 09, 2013, 12:41:24 AM »

Thanks :) I really appreciate the additions and fixes! (and the code clean up ;))

No problem, it's fun to have something to tinker with! I might take a look at some of the stuff on your to-do list too - is there anything in particular that you would like some help on? Maybe something that you're not working on at the moment, so we don't duplicate work...

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 09, 2013, 01:33:59 AM »

No problem, it's fun to have something to tinker with! I might take a look at some of the stuff on your to-do list too - is there anything in particular that you would like some help on? Maybe something that you're not working on at the moment, so we don't duplicate work...

Well the todo list on the Bitbucket Wiki is woefully out of date but a few things (I will transfer these into issues on the BitBucket project too):
 - Message history
    - I was thinking just wrap the StarSector message API in a class and have it retain a message history that can then be queried
    - Add a 'Few recent messages' function to StationInteractionDialogPlugin to view said messages

- Some kind of FactionData storage for storing faction-specific data
   - Rebel fleet names, small/medium/large faction fleet names
   - I was thinking a folder full of .json files e.g. hegemonyFactionData.json to define specifics
   - And then a FactionData class for retrieving and using the data so it can be used throughout the Exerelin overlay
   - Would need to default to something in case we don't define for a certain faction

- Station construction
   - Requires <some number> of superfreighters that are consumed on construction
   - Max 2 stations per planet/moon system? Maybe 2 stations for terran planet, 1 for other types? Not sure about this
   - Was thinking of implementing in the PlanetInteractionDialog for the player
   - For AI, FactionDirector class should decide a planet SectorEntityToken for faction to build a station at, and spawns a fleet from a resourced station
   - Needs a way to limit construction (rare resource? RNG timer?)

- Station destruction
   - Catastrophic accident destroys station
   - Small chance of station destruction during boarding? New rare item for player to initiate station destruction?
      - Perhaps player can initiate a station destruction battle? (haven't looked at this much so not sure if possible)
   - AI attack fleets can destroy stations?

- More config options for defining the game
   - Would really like to move more things into exerelin_config.json

- Performance issues with fleet spawning and station resourcing updates
   - Would like to reduce the CPU time on these, but it will probably happen as the fleet and resourcing systems change anyway

- Mining Changes
   - Already a BitBucket issue about it

- Resourcing Changes
   - Already a BitBucket issue about it

Hmmm theres lots of other niggling bits and pieces too but I really don't mind; just play around with whatever you feel like doing :) I'll assign myself to the issue in BitBucket if I am working on it.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 09, 2013, 01:41:40 AM »

Sorry Histidine/Plasmatic, missed your posts!

Zaphide, does Exerelin currently exert any control over the AI-vs-AI autoresolve?
I've noticed that Blackrock fleets seem to be significantly underperforming in this regard (things like Sentinel fleets with two Nevermores losing to a numerically equal Sindrian fleet whose biggest ship is a Sunder) and was wondering if it would be possible to fix this somehow (even if it's something as crude as a fudge factor applied to all BRDY non-fighter ships).

Or is autoresolve an "ask the mod's dev" thing?

Exerelin doesn't change the AutoResolve, so it is the same as it is in Vanilla. I'm open to tweaking the auto-resolve (in fact I suspect I will have to at some point) but I'll probably want to wait a while until faction mods settle down a bit; things may change fairly quickly :)

I found something odd..

I usually start my first couple days mining asteroids to make some money, but I forgot to unmothball the mining drones.. yet they still work!

I now have 3 mothballed mining drones in my fleet and they still mine just fine..

Ah yes meant to fix that oops... however kiloman has fixed it already :) Will be in the next version.

avallanch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 09, 2013, 05:38:09 AM »

im missing nomands from this release :)
other than that it is great!

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 09, 2013, 05:54:33 AM »

Changing just the maxFleetPoints isn't enough... the min/maxes for ships put a hard limit on the fleet's size, regardless of how many resources are available... I'm going to just crank the maximums up 4x for some wildly variant fleets.

Fevz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 09, 2013, 06:45:44 AM »

Hey guys, can someone tell me how can i capture capital ships? I have searched everywhere and i can't find a thing :S

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 09, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »

Thanks for one of the most interesting global mods. I tried the last version. Very much I pleased possibility of capture of station independently. And experience for production of resources in general simply brilliant idea. As thanks for opportunity to learn at allied station the current situation in diplomacy. I want to offer if certainly it is technically feasible, as an option to add a choice quantity of fleet on fraction at the beginning of game. That, for example, in a place with the player there was two more fleet of his fraction fascinating stations and on three fleet on each other fraction respectively. Then each fraction will take at once on three stations, events will start developing more dynamically and will pass much less time before the first fights. And that now often develops a situation when it is necessary to wait long enough turning round the only station while there will be first opponents. Once again thanks for interesting mod. I apologize for curve language it is machine translation.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 09, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »

You can just add them in, avallanch; they work with Exerelin "out-of-the-box".
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=162.0

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »

ok weird problem... the asp syndicate missions are causing my game to crash at the end of the load screen... good news though!! i deleted the missions folder and since the game isnt trying to load them it cant crash because of them =] just thought id share the issue in case anyone becomes interested or has the same problem.

180268 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.missions.asp_test.MissionDefinition]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.missions.asp_test.MissionDefinition]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/missions/asp_test/MissionDefinition.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/missions/asp_test/MissionDefinition.java, Line 17, Column 59: "DEFEND" is neither a method, a field, nor a member class of "com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetGoal"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.reclassifyName(UnitCompiler.java:6319)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.reclassify(UnitCompiler.java:6224)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4948)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$135(UnitCompiler.java:4947)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitAmbiguousName(UnitCompiler.java:4733)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$AmbiguousName.accept(Java.java:2223)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4743)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findMostSpecificIInvocable(UnitCompiler.java:6968)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:6869)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:6768)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet2(UnitCompiler.java:3553)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$63(UnitCompiler.java:3552)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$11.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:2967)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:2831)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet(UnitCompiler.java:2993)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGetValue(UnitCompiler.java:4017)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:2413)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$38(UnitCompiler.java:2412)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$8.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:2381)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:2831)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2407)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:1426)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$8(UnitCompiler.java:1425)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$5.visitExpressionStatement(UnitCompiler.java:926)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ExpressionStatement.accept(Java.java:1447)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:946)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileStatements(UnitCompiler.java:972)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2083)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:851)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:832)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:528)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:421)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:376)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:765)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:383)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:352)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:210)
   ... 5 more

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 09, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »

You can just add them in, avallanch; they work with Exerelin "out-of-the-box".
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=162.0

Although Trylobot has updated Nomads, I have been lax and haven't yet updated Exerelin :P

However if you want you can edit the Exerelin mod (not the Nomads mod) to have it pick up the latest Nomad versions.

You'll need to change data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinData.java, line 257:
Code
// Test for nomads
if(isFactionInstalled("nomad", "data.scripts.nom.world.SectorGenWithNomads"))
      possibleFactionList.add("nomad");
TO
Code
// Test for nomads
if(isFactionInstalled("nomads", "data.scripts.TheNomadsModPlugin"))
      possibleFactionList.add("nomads");

Change data/scripts/plugins/CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java, line 520:
Code
else if (factionId.equalsIgnoreCase("nomad"))
TO
Code
else if (factionId.equalsIgnoreCase("nomads"))

Change mod_info.json:
Remove this line:
Code
"data/world/factions/nomads.faction",

and delete the following file:
data/world/factions/nomads.faction
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:17:58 PM by Zaphide »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 141