Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922979 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.6
« Reply #1035 on: October 05, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »

Okay, first post for me. I apologize if this is a stupid question but, is the list of compatible mods up-to-date?

Mod Compatibility:
Factions Supported By Exerelin v0.6 (these need to be downloaded separately)
Gotcha's Bushi http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6413.0 -  * See message
Gotcha's Hiigaran Descendants http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6347.0 - * See message
Hyph_K31's Gedune http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3865.0 - * See message
FlashFrozen's Neutrino Corp http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2345.0
mendonca's Junk Pirates http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=161.0
MShadowy's Shadowyards Heavy Industries http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3491.0
Erick Doe's Zorg http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6522.0
Varya's Kadur Theocracy http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649.0 - * See message

These should work.

Personally I've got them all to work. Though I did not try Kadur's Theocracy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:04:06 AM by Erick Doe »

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 05, 2013, 09:10:33 AM »

Thank you sir.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

Frosty939

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 05, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »

I've been using this mod for a few days now.. and holy ***.

This is easily the best mod i've ever played, of any game, not just starsector. I don't think i'll be able to Not use the mod from here out lol

I had a couple questions too:

Is it possible to merge other mods into Exerelin? Like ironclads for example. Just the ships and weapons. Is that even allowed? I really have no clue how these things work

My saves seem to like randomly corrupting too. Probably 9 or 10 times so far. Half the time if i restart the game the save will somehow un-corrupt itself, but yea.. Did i forget to do something, or does that just kinda happen?

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 05, 2013, 09:53:55 AM »

I would suggest you go drop a line in the Ironclads thread and ask Okim if it's okay to tear his ships out to use in another mod. The process itself would involve ripping out the faction files and modifying them to fit Exerelin's needs and slotting them into the Exerelin mod data

I think that's how it works? Zaphide, little help?  :D

EDIT:
Oh, and probably a check somewhere in the Exerelin code to look for the Ironclad factions and if present, use them.

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 05, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »

Zaphide, have you considered using the compressSaveGameData feature? Fairy Empire used that to keep its save files small. Even with a single star system, that mod managed to create an even bigger file that Exerelin does (than my 4 system save).

BigNose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 05, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »

I tried playing with the Neutrino Corp yesterday, and noticed that the faction indeed still works, except for the fact that they don't send out Boarding Fleets any more.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 05, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

Blackrock Driveyards not compatible with Exerelin huh? :(

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4018.0
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 05, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »

I tried playing with the Neutrino Corp yesterday, and noticed that the faction indeed still works, except for the fact that they don't send out Boarding Fleets any more.

I think our Neutrino admirals got confused and thought they were playing an all-in one base play on Starcraft 2. :P

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 05, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »

Yeah it is not compatible at the moment with Exerelin fatal null crash like crazy

Withering

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 05, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »

I got some really weird savegame corrupts as well.. been wondering which mod(s) cause it..

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 05, 2013, 10:23:27 PM »

Hello,

First post on these forums.  I'm new To Starsector, as of a few days ago.  But I've been playing like a crazy person since I found it.  (Discovered SS while searching for something 'like' EV Nova by Ambrosia)

This mod is awesome.  It will be interesting to see how it develops along side the Vanilla game, since it seems like most of what you are doing is stuff that's not in the Vanilla game yet... at least in some fashion.  I wonder how much influence you will have on the finished game.

While I'm anxiously waiting for the 0.6.1a version before I start a new game up, I'm looking at other mods and thinking it would be great to see more factions compatible with this.  I'd love to have The Nomads faction in Exerelin, for example.

Keep up the good work.

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 05, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »

Just started up a new game on the latest snapshot download, and found my system occupied by no less than two rebel fleets within a few days of my first station popping out their initial mining fleets, despite sharing my system with the TriTachs. Not sure what's going on?
Spoiler
[close]

Also, I appreciate the new diplomacy options in the station menu - but maybe they belong after the repair option, just above Leave?

Oh, and the new expanded list of system count options now overflows off the bottom of the menu. It's too bad Alex can't add some additional controls to the menu system - a simple counter control with an upper and lower bound, or maybe just a generic text box with an input validation callback would go a long way towards simplifying some of these dialogs.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:05 AM »

--- snip ---
Is it possible to merge other mods into Exerelin? Like ironclads for example. Just the ships and weapons. Is that even allowed? I really have no clue how these things work

'Allowed' I guess depends on whether both mods provide you the source code to edit yourself :) I'm quite happy for you or anyone else to hack apart Exerelin for your own use to your hearts content :D (all Exerelin source code is provided although you may need to recompile bits of it depending on what you change). I cannot speak for Okim (author of Ironclads) but if Ironclads provides the source code (I haven't looked at the most recent releases) then there is not much either of us can do if you want to use it :D

Possible to merge? Yeah. Easy? Probably not for the faint-hearted. It really depends where you want to end up. If you wish to just use the factions in the Exerelin framework you would need to take out most of the scripts from the other mod and then follow the guide on the OP about supporting factions in Exerelin. If you wish to add the faction warfare/diplomacy part to the existing Ironclads mod then I would suggest that would be more difficult, at least till I refactor things in Exerelin a little more.

My saves seem to like randomly corrupting too. Probably 9 or 10 times so far. Half the time if i restart the game the save will somehow un-corrupt itself, but yea.. Did i forget to do something, or does that just kinda happen?

Yeah it's a bug in Exerlein 0.6. I have fixed it for the next version.

-- snip --
I think that's how it works? Zaphide, little help?  :D

Pretty much (see above) :)

Zaphide, have you considered using the compressSaveGameData feature? Fairy Empire used that to keep its save files small. Even with a single star system, that mod managed to create an even bigger file that Exerelin does (than my 4 system save).

Thanks for reminding me; I will turn that on for the next release. I actually never get this problem myself (even with 500MB+ saves).

Hmmm this doesn't seem to be an issue for me?

Not quite. It will be supported in the next release, but it will still require some manual changes unfortunately.

--- EV Nova ---

... is an amazing game! I probably liked EV Override better but still, EV Nova was absolutely brilliant.

This mod is awesome.  It will be interesting to see how it develops along side the Vanilla game, since it seems like most of what you are doing is stuff that's not in the Vanilla game yet... at least in some fashion.  I wonder how much influence you will have on the finished game.

Haha yes I suspect core StarSector features will replace a lot of this mod eventually, and it will be 100x better :D Until then... well it is an interesting coding experiment for me, and Alex & Co have done an absolutely amazing job with modding support.

It's something really special when your favorite game to play is also your favorite game to mod. What more can you ask for? :)

Still, I guess it depends how those features are implemented in core StarSector. Perhaps Exerelin will survive as a alternative game mode or similar :)

While I'm anxiously waiting for the 0.6.1a version before I start a new game up, I'm looking at other mods and thinking it would be great to see more factions compatible with this.  I'd love to have The Nomads faction in Exerelin, for example.

Keep up the good work.

Nomads are a great faction. They were supported in 0.54 and perhaps will be soon. I would love to implement it in a way to stay true how Trylobot has them in the Nomads most recent version; roaming the stars, rather than conquering stations but it would mean adding a huge amount more code (although then I could use it for other factions/groups too...)

Just started up a new game on the latest snapshot download, and found my system occupied by no less than two rebel fleets within a few days of my first station popping out their initial mining fleets, despite sharing my system with the TriTachs. Not sure what's going on?
Spoiler
[close]

Also, I appreciate the new diplomacy options in the station menu - but maybe they belong after the repair option, just above Leave?

Oh, and the new expanded list of system count options now overflows off the bottom of the menu. It's too bad Alex can't add some additional controls to the menu system - a simple counter control with an upper and lower bound, or maybe just a generic text box with an input validation callback would go a long way towards simplifying some of these dialogs.

Ah so some people do play the most recent builds? Good to know :) I guess the only thing to be aware of is it may not be save compatible between builds, and obviously bugs :P

Rebel fleets are now smaller and will spawn from the outset of the game, mainly to provide light combat options for starting out. They will scale (until a point, and with some leeway) with your fleet size.

Hmmm yes maybe I should move those options.

Yeah it does overflow, looks a bit ugly but still I think I'll leave it there as you hardly spend much time looking at the game setup options anyway :)

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 06, 2013, 12:56:33 AM »

Ah so some people do play the most recent builds? Good to know :) I guess the only thing to be aware of is it may not be save compatible between builds, and obviously bugs :P

Rebel fleets are now smaller and will spawn from the outset of the game, mainly to provide light combat options for starting out. They will scale (until a point, and with some leeway) with your fleet size.

I'm a big fan of live testing, it's one of my favorite things about open-source software. If Alex provided unstable nightlies of the game, I'd play those too ;)

I think they might be scaling a little to aggressively - the rebels showed up literally seconds after the first mining fleet, before the station had any time to even pop out a defense fleet. They managed to chase off the mining fleets to the point where nothing was showing up in the station for me to buy. I spent a while kiting them across the map long enough to let the mining fleets unload, and eventually a defense fleet showed up but it was majorly outgunned by the rebels and after one fight that left only a civilian ship, spent all its time running away.

Also curious - are all rebels the same faction? It looked like some pirate rebels were also spawning, wondering if they're going to be friendly to me (enemy of my enemy sort of thing) or just hostile to everyone.

I appreciate the attempt at some low-level baddies to fight, but honestly I'm not sure that rebels work lore-wise for me. We just got here and are working hard to get established - isn't it a bit early for dissenters to be running off with fleets to attack their former brethren? Maybe instead, pick a faction (at random, or permanently borrow a faction from another mod, or allow a faction to be selected at spawn) to be the boogeymen, and spawn in fleets from hyperspace to harass the other factions? Or maybe they could start out well established in one of the systems, and be *** off about all the other factions showing up to colonize next door... Might be easy to provide matched-level challenges - every so often, pick a victim faction and starsystem, see what kind of resources they have there, and send in something that'll give them a workout.

I do know Java, I suppose I could put my money where my mouth is if you're interested...

On another topic - do some factions start out with more resources than others? Seems like occasionally I will see the Pirates or Hegemony running around with a giant fleet full of cap ships while everyone else is still just working on their second station.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 06, 2013, 01:16:20 AM »

I just tried to do a fresh install with updated mods, but now the game won't start..

I made all the necessary changes in ExerelinData.java listed in OP..

Running these mods:
Spoiler
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.6.1a launcher
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 7 6.1
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.6.0_18 (32-bit)
14   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: bushi [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Bushi]
16   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: exerelin [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Exerelin]
17   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: The Gedune [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Gedune]
17   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: hiigaran_descendants [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Hiigaran Descendants]
18   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: junk_pirates [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\junk_pirates]
18   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Neutrino [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp]
19   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Personal [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Personal]
19   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: shadow_ships [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships]
20   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: kadurtheocracy [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra]
30   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/settings.json]
[close]

I get about 50 000 lines in the log just loading and cleansing.. Why?
Spoiler
20514 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 378,50 MB of texture data so far
20514 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/neut/ships/neutrino_banshee.png (using cast)
20515 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/trident.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/trident.png]
20515 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 378,52 MB of texture data so far
20515 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/trident.png (using cast)
20515 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/hii_jet.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/hii_jet.png]
20516 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 378,69 MB of texture data so far
20516 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/hii_jet.png (using cast)
20516 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/hii_qwaar.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/hii_qwaar.png]
20521 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 379,35 MB of texture data so far
20521 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/hii_qwaar.png (using cast)
20521 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [khs_graphics/hulls/caliph.png] as texture with id [khs_graphics/hulls/caliph.png]
20531 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 382,01 MB of texture data so far
20532 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture khs_graphics/hulls/caliph.png (using cast)
20532 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/hii_sajuuk.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/hii_sajuuk.png]
20536 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 382,68 MB of texture data so far
20536 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/hii_sajuuk.png (using cast)
20536 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/stations/hii_station_large.png] as texture with id [graphics/stations/hii_station_large.png]
20549 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 384,01 MB of texture data so far
20549 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/stations/hii_station_large.png (using cast)
20550 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
20550 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/gedune/ships/drones/gedune_dagki.png] as texture with id [graphics/gedune/ships/drones/gedune_dagki.png]
20550 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 384,01 MB of texture data so far
20550 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/gedune/ships/drones/gedune_dagki.png (using cast)
20550 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/junk_pirates/ships/junk_pirates_onslaught_overdrive.png] as texture with id [graphics/junk_pirates/ships/junk_pirates_onslaught_overdrive.png]
20556 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 385,34 MB of texture data so far
20556 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/junk_pirates/ships/junk_pirates_onslaught_overdrive.png (using cast)
20556 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
[close]

Loads about 3/4's of the main game bar, but then it crashes with the log text shown below
I assume this is the culprit, but I can't read it yet.
Spoiler
20990 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.VayraModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.VayraModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Parsing compilation unit "com.fs.starfarer.loading.A$1@ee6ad6"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:180)
   at org.codehaus.janino.IClassLoader.loadIClass(IClassLoader.java:158)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:199)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/blackrock/BRSpawnPoint.java, Line 12, Column 7: Imported class "org.lazywizard.lazylib.CollectionUtils" could not be loaded
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.import2(UnitCompiler.java:256)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$0(UnitCompiler.java:240)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$1.visitSingleTypeImportDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:230)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$CompilationUnit$SingleTypeImportDeclaration.accept(Java.java:170)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.<init>(UnitCompiler.java:228)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:154)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.loadFullyQualifiedClass(UnitCompiler.java:9121)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.import2(UnitCompiler.java:254)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$1.visitSingleTypeImportDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:230)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$CompilationUnit$SingleTypeImportDeclaration.accept(Java.java:170)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:154)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.loadFullyQualifiedClass(UnitCompiler.java:9121)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.import2(UnitCompiler.java:254)
   ... 7 more
[close]

I also noticed:
Code
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.6.0_18 (32-bit)
I assume that means Java is running 32-bit? How would I go about running it in 64-bit?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 141