Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Repeated crash, running Uomoz' Corvus 17.1  (Read 2420 times)

senor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Repeated crash, running Uomoz' Corvus 17.1
« on: April 19, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »

Hey, on one of my save files (the one running the mod) i get a 100% repeated crash about 20 seconds after i load the save file.  the game ran the mod and this save file (iron mode) completely normally, through many play sessions, til one day it crashed to desktop and pointed to the "starfarer" log file (i have a starfarer.log file, is it supposed to be "starsector"?).

I had old video drivers for my ati card, and an old Java version.  i just now updated both of those and it still crashes just the same.

My other save file is vanilla non-iron mode and it seems to have no problems.

One common problem between the two save files, however, is actually that none of the faction stations seem to update their inventories even when supply fleets come in and dock.  Inventories did seem to change enough in the beginning of the game, but soon they just sit static and not change that i can see.  Im assuming this is not related to the crash, but i wonder if that's common for other people as well?  Perhaps it's being looked at in 0.6?  :D

should i email the last chunk my log file to fractalsoftworks [at] gmail?  should i send my save file as well?

A huge thank you to Alex, the forum moderators, and mod creators, for all your hard work.  Keep it up, the game's fantastic. :D

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated crash, running Uomoz' Corvus 17.1
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:30:50 PM »

I highly recommend posting this in the mod thread instead of the vanilla-game support portion of the forum,

As for logs, it's usually preferred to have a few lines of code near the error to help make it easier to tell if it's mod related or vanilla related ( in which this is the appropriate area )

For example: this was a mod related error

Code
5921 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [phasecloak]
5921 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [skimmer_drone]
5921 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [neutrino_phaseshift] not found in ship_systems.csv
6047 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.turningthetables.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
6094 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.forthegreaterlud.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
6152 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
6163 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.thewolfpack.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.

Note the ERROR portion beside the 6152 [Thread-6]

As for the inventories, the mod deliberately removes items from stations that aren't of our faction, but for vanilla, it is usually just the exceptionally low amount of weapons that get delivered.

Edit: I think it's about time we have a FAQ/Read me stickied to this area on how to report bugs/list of fixed bugs ( but not yet released )
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:32:33 PM by FlashFrozen »

senor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »

thanks for the reply, ill post this in the mod thread then.

here's the last bit of the log file in case someone wants to see it here:

Code
23059 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading E:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves

\save_KaranSjet_486419472381869914...
25569 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id

[graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
25612 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
34204 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.Faction_Small_Weapons$(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:110)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.spawnFleet(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:70)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »

This is definitely mod related, and might unfortunately mean you'll have to wait for Uomoz to update the mod to a more stable version (Soon™)

As a possible chance incase this is fixable, try this:

As far as the save: there should be backup files in the save directory, you could try restoring them (rename the .bak files to the proper save file names.)

Go into Fractal Softworks/Starsector/saves/save_yourcaptainnamehere_1234567

and copy your current saves ( xml files ) into a seperate folder, and rename (take the .bak off ) the files and see if those don't crash ( it prob won't work but you never know :) )

senor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »

ah ok.  Though, even with iron mode it still keeps old save versions?  ill give it a shot, thanks.