Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Can't get rid of this poll so uhh...

Pick me!
- 0 (0%)
No
- 2 (10%)
Pick me!
- 0 (0%)
No! Pick me!
- 0 (0%)
No! Pick me!
- 2 (10%)
I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HAPPENED
- 16 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut LP (Axiege)  (Read 68922 times)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut LP (Axiege)
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »

Dark Souls LP Cancellation and Why:
Spoiler
Ok, so, here's the deal: I am going to end my Dark Souls LP early. Looking at the numbers, it's pretty clear I could find a game people would enjoy watching me play much much more. I'm not giving up on the game, I just want to finish it on my own time, and I don't think enough people want to see me constantly failing and getting nothing done to justify putting up videos of it. I'm sorry to the people who were somehow enjoying that LP, and to those who were helping me in the other thread: I am definitely not done there and your help was greatly appreciated and will definitely still be needed in the future.
[close]

Things to Consider when Voting:
Spoiler
Now, the basic goal of any video is to bring in new viewers while satisfying the ones you have (love you guys!), and Dark Souls seems to be doing neither. My Starsector videos, while not getting amazing view counts, are still the best gauge of what my audience wants to see. So I'm leaning heavily towards more spacey-ish-like games. There is a problem with that though, and it's that I don't necessarily want to tie myself to those kinds of games even though I love them, just as I don't want to have to make Starsector videos forever. Another thing to keep in mind is what I could run well with recording software, although that's an easy problem to catch early.
[close]

So, here in lies the purpose of this thread/poll. I would greatly appreciate your guyseseses input on what games you'd like to see me play. I need your help. I'm going to put up as many games as I own in the poll that I think could be made into a good LP, but feel free to suggest/discuss other games here as well (I'm avoiding multiplayer only games and random scenario type games in my choices, and I'll have notes about the game in () in the poll). If you want to see all my games then you should add me on Steam, I'm Axiege there as well. Remember, the best LP would be one you guys wanted to keep watching, but (sorry) more importantly would bring in new viewers. Because I'll definitely end up playing multiple of these games in the future, I think 5 votes per person will serve us better in determining what I should play in the long run as well. Thank you all for your time and help, your input is all very important and helpful, you guys are awesome ;D

Oh, and any games you want to see that I have in a series we should discuss whether to do them together or not (IE: Batman Arkham Asylum and then City).

Let's List a List of Let's Play Playlists

Rambling Notes in No Particular Order of Varying (Non)Importance:
Spoiler
Holy crap, this is turning out to be a long list, you can see why I might be indecisive  ??? You should let me know you're adding me in this thread or in a private message. Argh! So many games I have that I haven't played yet! I don't know what to upload in Dark Souls' place, it would pain me to just do all Starsector but I may have to! I don't want to end up making myself hate the game, and I never want my success as a youtuber to be strictly tied to it XP I have been working on this forum post for like an hour now!
[close]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:19:16 AM by Axiege »

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Axiege's Youtube Channel Community Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:37 AM »

You guys suck :( I hate horror games! :P

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:32:53 AM »

Hm, looking at that list, there's not a whole lot of things I'd like to watch you playing (mainly because I don't know what they are. Don't judge me!!).

Have you thought about trying KSP out?

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »

I have it, and have considered it. But I'd have to make some scenario/objective for myself, pretty much all I've done is make space planes in KSP that stay in atmosphere (I find aerodynamics more exciting than rocket science), and it would require lots of editing. That might be a reason for me to do it though, forcing me to learn more about editing could be a good thing.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »

Justin! You should LP MoW or MoW:AS.

Muffel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »

I don't know if this is a good idea, but I would like to see a XCOM: Enemy Unknown LP, but it's very lengthy and you probably wouldn't be able to do much in 10 oder 20 minutes.

Edit: Cardhunter is also a great game, but hardly anyone knows it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:26:05 AM by Muffel »

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:50:36 AM »

Anything I don't own can't really be done unfortunately. I have been thinking more about KSP, but I can't come up with a scenario/objective to give myself that would be interesting :/ Any ideas?

If we can come up with a good one I'll definitely add KSP to the list, and I allowed voters to change their decisions so you could switch around some votes to new options if they show up.

EDIT: Also, the more voters I get the more I can trust the voting trends. A survey with too small a sample size is useless.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:53:36 AM by Axiege »

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »

If you do kerbal space program, i suggest a mission to Duna to strive to

Without Mech Jeb :P
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Muffel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »

I see. Cardhunter is free though, but you have to ask the developers for a beta key.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »

I've seen footage about Card Hunter, and honestly it's a cool idea but I'm not a fan of the presentation/execution.

Just a mission to Duna, once I figure out how to do it, I don't think would take long enough for an entire LP :/ Maybe something like visiting all the planets but only with space planes or some other limitation? I don't know :/

Also, need more voters! XP

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »

Looks like Metro 2033 will be the winner, especially if not many more voters come in.

KSP is still not an option because I don't know what the series would be focused on. I think it would do well and more than a few votes would be switched over to it. So, anyone got any more ideas on KSP?

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Could just do shorts on ksp, or mini-series. Depending on what you want,obviously
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:32 PM »

I need ideas more along the lines of what will be happening in the series. What is my objective? What are my limitations? Things like that.

In all honesty I'm not very good at KSP. Like I said before I've never really left Kerbin because of how much I enjoy designing planes as opposed to rockets.

andrewblake99

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »

For example. Axiege can be an aleady go away expert to you for the benefit of loving yourself. What a brave and loving name. Axiege. Thats not really a real name. I'm just saying.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »

Go home bot, you're drunk!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18