Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AI using our designs  (Read 1397 times)

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
AI using our designs
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:28 PM »

I've been going through the blog and in the post from September 4th of last year theres a post about Ship loadouts, in that there is mention that we can save our designs for future use.

Could we potentially see the AI using our own designs against us if we do well with that design? Say i outfit a Hammerhead really well and its unstoppable on the field of battle will the game record how well this design is doing and have AI fleets start to spawn with my amazing hammerhead design to keep the battles exciting? Hopefully the game will be able to track what designs do well and what designs do poorly and slowly phase out the poor performance designs. In universe reasoning would be the captains see the statistics to what performs and what doesn't and are outfitting accordingly.

Remnants_Of_Beauty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: AI using our designs
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »

I like the idea that the enemy ships load-out will change according to how well we're doing. But they can't just use our exact designs without any method behind it. Perhaps if they captured the ship, then that would make sense =)
My time has come, yet again - To be the soul survivor
What a lonely existence - In this cosmos of mine