Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Star Wars: Revisited (Project: LaserSpam)  (Read 88366 times)

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Revisited (Project: LaserSpam)
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »

Version 2.2 Upadate (WIP Test Version)
Download

Version 2.0 (Current Stable Release)
Download

Hegemony is still present in Corvus for the time being, but the Pirates have been replaced with the rebels, and the Tri-Tachyon with the Empire. Fleets are not balance has been dramatically improved. There are a lot of small tweaks that will be made. This release is fully tested and stable. Choose your side, and choose your destiny.

May the Force Be with you.

LazyLib is required for new features of the mod. Get it HERE

Screenshots
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Changelog

v2.2
Spoiler
-Major overhaul of images and graphics

-Complete rework of stats of all ships and weapons

-New ships present but not integrated into campaign yet

-many more minor tweaks
[close]
v2.0
Spoiler
=========
 General
=========

- NEW SHIPS!!!
 - Fixed java errors
 - Added new effects plugins
 - Shield Mechanic bug fix and update
 - All ships been rebalanced
 - Hull Mods!
 - New Loading Screen
 - Music!!!!

=========
 Weapons
=========

- All weapons reworked, stats completely redone
 - Some weapons have new names.
 - Colors fixed for all weapons
 - Sounds changed for all weapons, new sounds added
 - Fixed stats for Rebel "Mod" weapons dealing incorrect damage

==============
 Ship Systems
==============

- Under Development

- Gravity Well Generators added
 - Concentrated Fire (select Rebel Ships)
 - Star Destroyer Bombardment-remove from 2.0 release
 - Venator Long range Mode
    *Exclusive Ship System

========
 Ships:
========

- Some ships have been re-classified. Hull size as listed in-game may not reflect the actual size of the ship. This was done for balancing purposes.

Carrack-class Light Cruiser
 - New ship added

Nebulon-B
 - Now split into an Imperial and Rebel Version, with two weapon layouts

- All ships reworked, stats completely redone
 - Cargo and Fuel values are not the same for all ships anymore
 - Armor, hit points, and relative shield strengths rebalanced

Immobilizer 418
 - New Ship added utilizing the new Gravity Well System

Venator Attack Cruiser
 - New Ship with its own new ship system
[close]

v1.6
Spoiler
Version 1.6 (April 29, 2013)

=========
 General
=========

- Removed Fighter Drone systems due to FPS drop
 - Fixed java errors

=========
 Weapons
=========

- Fixed some balancing issues with certain weapons

==============
 Ship Systems
==============

- Under Development (again)

========
 Ships:
========

- Stat balancing
[close]

Contributing Members and Credits:
Spoiler
Original mod by Washout and further developed by LazyWizard, grateful to them for the inspiration to get started.

Nexus (me): Creator of the Star Wars Revisited Project, main mod producer

Dram: Primary Tester, and major assistant in making version 2.0 happen. Much thanks for his efforts.

Sproginator: Concepts and ideas, some code, inspiration and largely comic relief

Pelhamds: Sprites, re-colors, and graphical assistance

MShadowy: Will be making Portraits to fit the mod when the time is available

LazyWizard: Ship Systems, Scripts, troubleshooting and general awesomeness, "The Master of the Code"
[close]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:58:07 AM by Nexus »
NEVER assume you know more than your enemy.

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars MOD Revisited (v3.0)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »

So i need someone with better skills than I to turn THIS into a working turret sprite. um....HELP!!!! and good luck?

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »

crap lol, im a big star wars fan and had you needed help with coding, i would have been pretty happy to obliged, but spriting's my weakness too

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »

well depends on the coding. so far i can do ships well, and weapons ok. havent even touched the coding im gonna need to span fleets, make rebels fight imps in version 1, imps vs new republic in version 2, imp remnant and new republic vs vong in version 3.

so I WILL need coding help.

not to mention figuring out how to make ion cannons super effective vs shields but do crap to armor and still hit for emp and flux buildup
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:10:13 PM by Nexus »

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »

So I need someone to tell me if setting Ion Cannons to kinetic with a high EMP and low damage will achieve the effect I want:
Great vs shields
Crap on Armor
High EMP effect

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »

So I need someone to tell me if setting Ion Cannons to kinetic with a high EMP and low damage will achieve the effect I want:
Great vs shields
Crap on Armor
High EMP effect

yes and now. kinetic will make it good against shield but its still gonna keep a certain efficiency versus armor. statswise it does half the damage, but depending on how you do your weapon, it could still have a big impact on the armor.

but i guess what you suggest is the best way. you could also just make the ship without shield. its not a new concept and it would solve your problem.
And be movie accurate too. star wars ship dont have shields

edit : dont worry about making faction fight another, thats actually incredibly easy to do

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »

well im not going for MOVIE accurate. Im going expanded universe accurate and even in the movies they had shields, just not visible ones. maybe i will look deep into the coding (HA!) and see if i can create a new damage type that is 200% effective vs shields but 0% against hull. far stretch but maybe.

edit:ah HA!!!! found the java file that gives damage types and relative effects. only problem is this. its located within the starfarer api zip file in starfarer core. so im at a loss as how to add that to a mod without requiring a manual file replacement....

Side note. The game is called starsector yet they still have the api zip file as starfarer.... lolz
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:09:41 PM by Nexus »

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »

there are things you cant change btw, not for a mod to be shared like that. im not sure alex would allow modifying core mechanics so easily.

youre better off just making ion cannon do a lot of emp damage

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »

for simplicity i agree. but when presented with a challenge, lol, i find a way around it. if nothing else for my own sense of accomplishment i WILL find a way to make it work on my own game at least. but yea im gonna make them due no actual damage just a lot of emp. sigh

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

for simplicity i agree. but when presented with a challenge, lol, i find a way around it. if nothing else for my own sense of accomplishment i WILL find a way to make it work on my own game at least. but yea im gonna make them due no actual damage just a lot of emp. sigh

well at least you understand. some beginner modders dont even realize that we do mods, not complete game and that some parts of the code are property of the devs. at least you got that right ;)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »

Side note. The game is called starsector yet they still have the api zip file as starfarer.... lolz

There will be lingering relics for a while.  :)

Anywho this sounds cool!  :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Gabrybbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »

I've never coded for starsector, but iirc you could make a weapon with only EMP damage and then add a onHitEffect that deals a specified amount of damage to shields (ie, adds hard flux) when a shield hit is detected. :)

also, weapons in star wars don't seem to rely on a flux mechanic, so making them generate 0 flux but limiting them with charges could be more immersive and  have flux work as a shield integrity meter like we see in the movies. also, star wars battles need lots of pew pew lazors firing continuously :P just an idea, though.
...you can be assured that whatever comes out of the dev-oven will be fantastic and delicious. And it will also include frosting and sprinkles.

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

I didn't think of the on hit effect.  If someone could maybe draw up a sample of that for me? And I had been toying with the idea of no
flux on weapons and a lower max flux for ships to demonstrate relative shield strengths.  Keep the ideas flowing peeps!

Edit: if someone could please code me a sample onhiteffect that takes the EMP amount and turns it into kinetic dmg against shields but deals only EMp to armor/hulls i would appreciate it. i looked over an example and i could do it but it would take me forever to figure it out
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:20:38 PM by Nexus »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:30 AM »

Ok now that im home lets see, theres a type of damage that does 200% of any amount you placed on the CSV to shield known as KINETIC, also the EMP damage = flux amount if it hits the shield, as for the sample, check the weapons (plugins) on the http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4018.0 mod. Theres a good example of a custom weapon that does a specific type of damage when it hits something

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »

So I have settled on a temporary size of 1 pixel = 2 meters. So a 1.6 km Star Destroyer is 800 pixels. while thats about 2x the size of the Onslaught, it allows for FAR better placement of the myriad of weapons emplacements. this scale also allows for slightly better detail on the ships. only time this will get rough is when i start hitting ships that will translate into huge sizes.

example: The Executor was 19km. thats 9,500 pixels. um........
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:49:05 PM by Nexus »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11