Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Post-battle 'Take all' cargo-related accident risk rounding  (Read 1566 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Post-battle 'Take all' cargo-related accident risk rounding
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:47:46 AM »

Just hit this one, but I'm not handy with dev mode so I can't really replicate.

I experienced this while flying a fleet of 2 wolves with a combined cargo capacity of 100.

After a battle, and clicking the take all button, I went to 150 cargo and accident risk went to 'high'.

Removing one supply crate brought it to 149, accident risk went to 'none'.

Putting that lone supply crate back brought it back to 150, and accident risk stayed at 'none'.

I'm not sure if this is a display bug or if it would actually carry over to the system navigation, but it was definitely a 'huh, what' moment ... something with rounding of the 50% more, I guess.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Post-battle 'Take all' cargo-related accident risk rounding
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »

the idea is as long as you have less than %150 of your cargo capacity, you can consume supplies to eliminate accident chance

I disagree with it too, but that's just the way it is right now
mmm.... tartiflette

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Post-battle 'Take all' cargo-related accident risk rounding
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »

The issue here is likely one of rounding and fractional cargo; supplies are actually stored as a floating point value, so you can have, say, 149.3 supplies (displays as 149, is under accident cap), or you can have 150.3 supplies (displays as 150, is over accident cap.)

There are some further oddities where you can (seem to) truncate fractional supplies - I'm not quite sure how that happens, and, with the UI only displaying whole numbers, it's rather difficult to test.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.