Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trade and Economy  (Read 2394 times)

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Trade and Economy
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:46:23 AM »

Just wondering what the current state of affairs is for the trade and economy side of the game....  Obviously it's still early days yet and is looking great, and I haven't read through all the available forums to check if this question has been asked already, but was curious as to what to expect?

Is it going to be an option to build massive trading fleets with numerous products to sell off or maybe similar to 'Pirates' where there were a handful of goods to trade...

Please forgive me if this has been listed somewhere and I just haven't seen it....  Things getting a bit heated on the Steam forums with games like 'Starforge' and 'Stardrive' where people are making ignorant comments and causing all kinds of ***.

Chur

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Trade and Economy
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:25:58 AM »

Hi NZK,

it is not yet revealed how trading will be realized exactly. The current implementation is very rudimentary, the development was focused on combat until now.
But it's safe to say that you will be able to operate big trade fleets.  You will probably ferry a multitude of goods through the sector, open your own outpost for trade or mining and have to protect all that from envious competitors or pirates.
The economy dynamics will likely be based on supply and demand, and will be tightly woven with the overall civilization status of a solar system (you might be able to bring a system to its knees with embargos, blockades etc. or safe it by breaking  those).
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:06:14 AM »

What Gothars said was what we hope and Alex has said that he hopes for, technically the official word on this is...
:-X

I for one hope all that has been expressed as a goal comes to pass but no promises on the exact details just yet :)

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »

thanks for the reply

Foxd1e

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

*bump*       ;)