Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How do updates work in this game.  (Read 2681 times)

ImTired99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How do updates work in this game.
« on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »

How do updates work in this game? Is it like minecraft in which when you boot up the game it asks you if you want to install the new update or do you have to reinstall the newer version of the game?

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How do updates work in this game.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »

So far it has been a re-download and re-install situation at each new patch, I expect that may change as the game draws nearer to launch.

This thread may be of use to you.    ;D

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=489.0
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

ImTired99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

Ahh I see. I was also wondering do we just have to check the anouncements page to know when a new update has rolled out. I cant wait for new things to be added. :)

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »

Ahh I see. I was also wondering do we just have to check the anouncements page to know when a new update has rolled out. I cant wait for new things to be added. :)

I hear ya, 0.5 is gonna rock!  :)   But yeah, Alex will have a post on the Anouncments thread right away when 0.5 is ready for downloading, personally I think the preview version of 0.5 will be ready for downloading at about 02/15/2012, but that is just a hunch.   ;D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

ImTired99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »

That sounds awesome. Thanks for the help. Im drooling over all the new stuff that he said hes going to be adding. ;D