Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: New Trailer  (Read 45347 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New Trailer
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »

However, is the actual meat of the campaign/story content going to take less or more time to add into the game than the combat system additions we've been having? If its going to take longer then I fear we'll be waiting well into 2014. ??? But, here's to hoping we'll be playing the finished game before XMAS! 8)

I hope you know better than to expect me to answer that :)

Might the news have to be edited for this?

Good call, updated.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »

I'm actually amazed that Upgradecap hasn't already gotten to this yet. ;D

Although, when a story line gets added, you can be sure as hell that I'm going to be there. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »

Thanks for the comments, guys!

The explosion and gun sound effects that differ from what you're used to are indeed part of the new combat sound overhaul. They might have been post-processed in post production to make them "sit" in the trailer mix, but they do reveal a small glimpse of what the newer sounds are like.

Both Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass sample libraries from EW/QL are part of the musical score, but there are a lot of other things in there as well. I get asked a lot about what software I use, and I always try to remember emphasizing that it doesn't really matter what software or samples you use, it's more about learning to use what you have.

Indeed, I'm just considering to get Hollywood Strings. :) Luckily enough I have the chance to borrow my friend's next week, he put the drive in a portable case.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »

I'm actually amazed that Upgradecap hasn't already gotten to this yet.

*cough cough*  Who says i haven't?  8) *cough*

Hehe, that's how i work. Silently and stealthily. ;)

DelicateTask

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »

I must say that I enjoyed the slick production, even though I'm already familiar with everything shown. It would have been nice to see some new stuff (excellent new sounds notwithstanding), but I guess that Alex wouldn't want to show anything that's not 100% going to be in the next update. Thanks for putting out a nice trailer that's representative of the current state of the game that I can show people.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »

Hmm...maybe I should have acknowledged that little blip on my phase scanner. ;)

As I said on youtube, "You have earned The Soldier's Badge of Approval.  Well done!"
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »

Hey, just noticed this! Well done, it looks fantastic.

A couple points to make:

1) The footage doesn't warn that it's alpha level until the very end. For instance, the Industry skill is still completely empty, which might stand out for some people.

2) The Onslaught "blowing up" at the end doesn't sync up with its hull level, which might stand out for the "continuity goofs" people.

3) The timing of this is weird, since we're defending not putting it up on Greenlight or Early Access, but now the video goes up and makes us all look like mooks. ;-)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »

1) The footage doesn't warn that it's alpha level until the very end. For instance, the Industry skill is still completely empty, which might stand out for some people.

Thank you for pointing that out, excellent point. Added "(Alpha)" to the video title.

2) The Onslaught "blowing up" at the end doesn't sync up with its hull level, which might stand out for the "continuity goofs" people.

Erm, it syncs up as far as I can see.

3) The timing of this is weird, since we're defending not putting it up on Greenlight or Early Access, but now the video goes up and makes us all look like mooks. ;-)

Not sure how that's related :) I mean, yeah, the trailer is ostensibly a PR thing... fair enough. But at the same time, have you really watched the previous "trailer" recently? It was about 1.5 years old. Pretty much had to get something new out.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »

It is hit by 2 torpedoes in the rear the moment it dies.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »

Never been subjected to two torpedos simultaneously (plus I thought they were Salamanders =P), so I guess they inflict more damage than I thought. All right, redacted. =)

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 08:09:55 PM »

Great Trailer. Epic music and gameplay sync.
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"

Blackoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »

Cool stuff!  ;D

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »

Viva la indie!!
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

I love it! Far far FAR better than many other trailers I've seen which either are A, CGI after CGI and don't actually show any gameplay. or B. make the game look like a one long QTE (*Cough* Battlefield 4 opening sequence *Cough*)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 11:42:39 PM »

BF4 trailer was filled with open field gameplay. Loved it as well :D.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5