Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spacestation 13! (SS13)  (Read 9578 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13! (SS13)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »

Note, the giant spider event: Not cool. Way not cool.

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
  • The whole ship just died
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »

Spiders are easy to kill. It's when there's more than one of them, then there's a problem. Trust me, I've been playing for about a year.

EDIT - Use this http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:03:02 PM by Teh_Wolf »
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
Quote from: Miggles
no

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »

We only had 3 people on the server at the time. I know they're easy to kill, but damn dat toxin damage!
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »

Oh and if you have a question about SS13, I'll probably be able to answer it.
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
no

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

You should join the Skype chat so you can know when we're going for a session the next time. Certainly wouldn't hurt to have people that actually know what the hell they're doing :P

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 03:56:52 AM »

Geddat fuken disk
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »

rule 1: never trust Pataroo...
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »

Geddat fuken disk
That reminds me of a bug where the nuke disk would be 'eaten' by the singulo. When in fact it didn't get eaten, and it spawned a duplicate nuke disk (this feature was implemented so people couldn't meta by destroying the nuke disk), during one round we ended up with over a 1000 nuke disks. Fortunately, there was an admin on.
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
no

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:37 AM »

Geddat fuken disk
That reminds me of a bug where the nuke disk would be 'eaten' by the singulo. When in fact it didn't get eaten, and it spawned a duplicate nuke disk (this feature was implemented so people couldn't meta by destroying the nuke disk), during one round we ended up with over a 1000 nuke disks. Fortunately, there was an admin on.
You have played more than me, O spriter. Although I have seen things...walls made from Gabens, lava floors...
 In fact only recently have I allowed myself to be antag. I never was before :p- because I was incompetent, then I was liking the RP too much as well as saving lives.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:30:40 AM by Pataroo1 »

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »

The difficulty of antag roles widely vary. Not just on the type of antag, but your objectives as well. Until you're more fluent with the game mechanics, I wouldn't stray too far from traitor. Even as traitor it can be difficult when you're the Assistant trying to steal the AI.
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
no

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »

If any of you are planning on going on a public server like goon or /tg/, this will be useful
http://forums.nanotrasen.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12754
IMPORTANT NOTE - Don't read if you're easily offended, Super Aggro Crag wrote this, that means it's riddled with profanity.
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
no

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »

PHRASE OF THE WEEK
no

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »

60 players. Oh god.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »

Just to kick some activity in this thread again, any particular rounds that stand out to you?

There was this one (relatively) recently where I was roboticist, since that's what I do now, where as per usual I get the Ripley and borg body ready at the start as is my startup procedure. After dealing with the borg cell replacement as well, got the Ripley finished and noticed as per usual, no *** miners. So I loaded up the Ripley with the drill and clamp and named it Stompy, as I usually do with my own mechs.

Anywho, I go get the access from HoP no problem and head into the mines and... mine stuff. Some radio chatter about cultists, but nothing much. Return and get a Durand built for myself (Turns out that the other roboticist had also made an Oddy for the CMO, this is important for later). Just as I was about to load the weapons on the Durand, an alium comes out of the vent and kills me and destroys the Durand (cue me swearing bloody murder in deadchat). Time passes with me being dead and the station fighting the xeno scum (I didn't get facehugged). Eventually someone finds my body and clones me.

I seal off robotics while I build myself a second Durand. Radio chatter about blobs. Again, nothing really noteworthy. Finished the Durand, then a priority announcement came through that a syndicate nuke-ops team was inbound. THAT got people's attention. The CMO runs into the room with a secure briefcase and gives it to me, telling me to guard it with my life. So I take the case, pick up the retro laser pistol that the clown gave me earlier on in the round (he was a helpful clown), and got into my Durand, while the CMO gets in her Oddy. As soon as I enter the Durand, explosion blows up half of science, the Durand relatively unscathed at 98%. I think the shuttle was called at this point.

Now, me and the CMO stick together to hunt down the syndies before they plant another bomb somewhere else. We head into the maint tunnels, me taking the SMG fire and throwing a few taser bolts down the corridor to stun them. In the ensuing melee, I manage to kill 2 of them but the Durand is reduced to 2% hull, has internal fires, a short circuit and the life support is buggered. I bail to fix some of the damage while the CMO runs on ahead in the Oddy.

I get the Durand up to about 12%, and replace the power cell since the current one was running ever lower when the CMO comes back, saying she had killed the rest of them, but lost the Oddy in the process. We make our way up to the escape wing in maint, and emerge out at the escape wing maint entrance. Me, with a crippled mech and at orange health, and the CMO who was out of supplies and down a mech. Us, and the remaining survivors then boarded the shuttle when it arrived and went back to Centcomm without incident.

After that round, one of the admins was rather pleased at how we did
OOC: HotelBravoLima: First there were five abriums.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: They infested the entire ship from Cargo Bay to the Engine room.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: But the crew powned them with awesome RnD weapons.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: While that was going on, three blob cores were placed around the ship and a fourth randomly sapwned in EVA.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: All beaten or ignored..
OOC: HotelBravoLima: In frustration I spawned a full five-man nuclear team at the Syndicate base and deployed them.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: They were promptly beaten humiliatingly.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: I admit I'm proud of the crew.
OOC: HotelBravoLima: Any one of those events would have broken a lesser crew.

The reason for that onslaught? The cultists I mentioned way back had all been killed... way back then, and the round had gotten boring

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 06:06:17 PM »

So, uhh... yeah. Gonna drag this thing up again (yeah yeah, necro and doublepost but whatever. Trying to make it relevant again).

Just going to say that for a good while now we've been running Baycode (basically better for dem RPs and such) and have a slightly increased playercount for those of you that were waiting on possibly more people playing before you started. Of course, if anyone needs shown the ropes or whatever, we'd be more than happy to assist as well, since everyone who's currently playing the server when it's up has a good idea of what to do at the very least. And if it already hasn't been said (I'm sure it has at some point though), more players are definitely better at this stage.

So yeah... if you're interested now, just shout and you'll be more than welcome to take part in our shenanigans.
Pages: 1 [2]