Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Spotlight: Fairy, Modular Fleet, World War (WIP)  (Read 35119 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile

Have you considered acting less like you're completely tweaked out, RawCode? This seems like the exact sort of thread that would happen due to a 5am binge epiphany. "shiit.. the chinese mods.. they're.. NEXT LEVEL! WAIT UNTIL THE REST HEAR ABOUT THIS!"

That said most of the Chinese stuff is pretty awesome, esp. the campaign-altering mods.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:31:55 PM by Cycerin »

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

at the same time you are calling their own work inferior

if mod A better then mod B it does not mean "mod B is inferior".

Where you can purchase blueprints to upgrade existing ships (Uomoz's Corvus + Tore Up Plenty).
Modular fleet provide techtree and this tree is essential part of mod, not nice addition.

Shadowyards, TimCORP and Thule Legacy.

i aware of these mods, theck first post, i directly stated that feature with special hullmod can be used for thule ships (and free up system slot for something more usefull).

This thread is not about:
chinese mods good your mods inferior

Actual meaning of thread is:
Just look what chineese devs did, we have something to learn from them.
list of something attached to post

DS Tech Corp
search for some reason missed this mod, i will check what the problem a bit later.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile

Can we all agree that both the Chinese mods and our mods are good :)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile

Normally I dont add gas into the fire.. but I also fail to see why the cheese is better than our own.

Under "Absolutely amazing"... I just get a completly different hopes up.. and based on what I just saw,
it doesnt live up to that description.

(That doesnt mean its bad.. seems good enough  :))

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile

DS Tech Corp
search for some reason missed this mod, i will check what the problem a bit later.

Beacuse it's DSTech - one word

And anyways, why are all of the really cool innovations made by the Chinese? [blueprints, reflecting shields, penetrating bullets]
Y'all need to step up your game coderbros.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile

at the same time you are calling their own work inferior

if mod A better then mod B it does not mean "mod B is inferior".
well inferior just means lower quality then the other one,
so yes by saying inferior you ARE saying mod b is worse than mod a and the other way around.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Let me intervene here slightly.

1. You have stated that the chinese have made mods that are not amazing, but are superior and better than anything we have on these forums. By virtue of you stating that their mods are superior than ours, it instantly makes our mods inferior. Which means that everything everyone's worked for here has been in vain, since the mods on the chinese site are "Superior".

I agree that they are amazing, but not that they are superior. That would be, not only hypocratic, but also dumb and offensive. And yes, there are mods here that are also very very good. Have you bothered to check before you made your statement?

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Upgradecap
Lets perform small comparation.
Modular fortress already in first post.

You as omniscient forum user who checked every mod and found "chineese is superior than anything we have on these forums" point invalid, definely shoud have a lot better spritework directly on desktop waiting for my dumb and offensive reply.

This discussion have no point, you dont ever noticed who wrote post about "amazing".

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile

they got a lot better mods then anything can be found here, with a lot better lore!

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Rawcode, was there a point in this thread apart from taking a dig at the hard-working modders here, because I can't see one? All I'm seeing is someone attempting to troll the community, and insulting their abilities. And directly insulting Upgradecap with sarcastic comments like that isn't exactly a friendly thing to do, especially since he's proven himself to be an active, helpful and kind member of the community. Most of the things I've seen from you are either discussions of how you reverse-engineered Alex's work, or effectively calling the modders here crap. So before anyone will actually take your points seriously, then I'd advise you lay off the insults (actually, do that anyway regardless) and create a positive impression for yourself.

Alex and/or moderators: If this came off as overly aggressive and unkind, I apologise, but things like that really get me *** off

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

@RawCode

Why should i have better spritework on my desktop waiting for your reply? I have nowhere ever stated that i would reply, or give examples of mods that are better. Incase you are looking for examples, how about Vacuum? Did you ever bother to see that one before instantly jumping to conclusions about how the Chinese make superiorly coded mods? I believe i've seen you call the modders here crap, as you yourself used obfuscated core code to make mods. Ofcourse we'd be crap in the comparison because we don't violate the TOS or change restricted game files.

I'm not entirely sure your sarcastic comment and behavior against we was needed nor desired, and i suggest you quit that. I made an reply against how you basically called the modding community here crap, only to have you respond with an equally (if not even more) sarcastic comment against me. Stop trolling, will you? Calling the community *** and then just say that you trolled us is not fun nor is it appreciated.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

Normally I dont add gas into the fire.. but I also fail to see why the cheese is better than our own.
Sig'd.
RawCode, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, so please acknowledge. The wild majority of the Chinese mods involve hacks of the source code of the game, which is against the Terms and Conditions agreed to when purchasing. It means means nothing whatsoever to say their mods are better when the sole reasoning behind it is they have decided to eschew the APIs provided for modding purposes to create those kinds of mods. This is against the rules set by the creators of this game, and therefore, the members of this forum with sense do not do so. We have nothing to learn, whatsoever, from the Chinese modders if what they create modifies the base game. If it's done in the API, then that's a great feat and I applaud them for it. However, I have not seen very many mods over there that seem to be balanced correctly with the base game, which is what many of us aim for. There are plenty of stranger and more eccentric mods, such as the Economy mod that provide a great breadth of new features to the game, but things like the modular fleet exist in the more rarer Total Conversions, of which there are several incredible mods and features.
Please, as well, do not attempt to disguise the meaning of your words. Inferior, by nature, is the antonym of superior, and your use of superior in a sentence solidifies this statement. I'm not wholly sure what you're trying to do here, but you're frustrating a lot of people and being considered a troll.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile

I think we made our point now.
before a moderator shows up lets focus on talking about the modular fleet mod.:)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Well, i found "some" relatively interesting and superior (no sarcasm, they got a lot better mods then anything can be found here, with a lot better lore!) mods on chinese forum it actually search engine:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2124604852
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2193290458
(special thx to @xangle13, his threads forced me to search sources of content).

DS Tech Corporation

Features:
3 hull signatures, all with buildin weapons;
Special ship system that cannot be reinstalled, used for special effects on hull, may be usefull for thule ships;
Factory that produce stuff over time, autorestock, autorefresh;

Nova weapon!!!
Dronewall shileds!!!
http://youtu.be/UGZuGvyszew
http://youtu.be/OWmX_RjFMr4

Emp drone swarm!!!
Lightning guns!!!
http://youtu.be/Pf-iFiRlwKs

This mod exists on our forums as well, just throwing that out there, if I am correct it began here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6