Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Export character  (Read 2304 times)

JH1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Export character
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »

Export character to transfer character level and skill points to new versions of the game, so we don't lose character progression.
It could be a temporary feature until the game is finished.

Or does anyone know if you can edit your save game to get the same effect?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Export character
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »

Your character is stored in campaign.xml.

It's in Starfere/saves/save_*characterName*

Finding your character is a bit difficult since that file stores everything including other agents in the system (and possibly beyond later). What  do is take note of how much exp my character currently has and search for that value in the file. It will show you the section where your character is contained. Then it's just a simply copy and paste onto the new character in the new saved game.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »

Your character is stored in campaign.xml.

It's in Starfere/saves/save_*characterName*

Finding your character is a bit difficult since that file stores everything including other agents in the system (and possibly beyond later). What  do is take note of how much exp my character currently has and search for that value in the file. It will show you the section where your character is contained. Then it's just a simply copy and paste onto the new character in the new saved game.

or use an XML reader. its easy to find one on the net and they make things overall incredibly easier

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 04:13:40 AM »

Hehe, I think I put off that xml plugin for notepadd ++ for a bit too long.

Edit: Nvm, already have it.

How would an xml editor make it easier? The name still doesn't appear and the most convenient way to find your character is still to search for the exp your character currently has.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:50:05 AM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

JH1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:58 AM »

I think I saw a mod that returns your skill points. Could use that and then copy the exp, level and points across. Incase a future patch changes the perks.