Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 554931 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #870 on: September 13, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »

lucky friday the 13th huh :)

pleasantly surprised, cheers to you good sir
mmm.... tartiflette

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #871 on: September 13, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 13, 2013, 10:37:45 PM »

It's go time  8)

starfigter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 13, 2013, 11:13:36 PM »

Its here!!!
Hurray!!

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 13, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »

The new UI is hideous.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 13, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »

The new UI is hideous.

you're kidding, right? I love it

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 13, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »

I have exactly one complaint about the new ui - I like to stack things up in my inventory. All of my people go on the left (in order of rank), and then all of my marines/fuel/supplies go in the column directly to the right. Problem is, on the new looting screen, it seems to place the second row of things all the way on the right for some reason. I feel like the size of the inventory should always stay consistent.

Oh yeah, and it took me a solid minute to figure out how to buy ships. Everything else is drag and drop :(

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 13, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »

I'm dead serious. It makes my eyes ache, it's so clunky and garish. I can't bring myself to play the new release today as a result.

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 14, 2013, 01:02:56 AM »

Hahaha, sweet!

Sarolveldruk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 14, 2013, 01:24:23 AM »

I'm dead serious. It makes my eyes ache, it's so clunky and garish. I can't bring myself to play the new release today as a result.
I have to agree with you there, minus the last part (I owe it to Dwarf Fortress for being able to manage). Granted I've only played a few hours so far, but the thing I really enjoyed about the previous UI was that it was easier to discern information at a glance. Now, with the new UI, I have to squint as I mouse over the relevant bits, which isn't fun when the dang icons are rather small and difficult to tell apart.

It is pretty clunky overall. The previous UI allowed for me to buy and sell items and ships via click and place. It was a nice visual interface that required very little in the way of "what does this button do?" And I'm not all fond of how the new interface takes up the whole screen every time I want to use it. The interface for exchanging ships is a fair bit tedious than before. Why the shift to buy/sell tabs from what was already working perfectly? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That said, I do like how supplies are now much more precious than before. I just love coming across a hapless Buffalo for the sweet, sweet supplies within.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 14, 2013, 01:38:51 AM »

new UI is not good, i can't see reason why some fields hidden from me and i forced to visit cargo just to see how many cargo space left or why supply drain soo high/.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 14, 2013, 02:16:21 AM »

I agree that the wealth of information is f****g intimidating.  I think that's an issue of the new logistic mechanics, not of the UI, though. I don't want to guess how it is for someone who never heard of these mechanics before. I'd tend to say it is well managed be the UI, but I'm not familiar enough with it yet.

What I can say already is that the supply and fuel usage information are very useful indeed.

Visually its a matter of opinion of course, I think it's really beautiful. With every iteration it moves further away from the colored excel sheet style. The physical UI style is awesome! Tripad! And I like how it takes the exact same screen-space as the combat UI.

I'm playing at 1600x900 (on a 1920x1080 screen) by the way, so it's all a bit larger. Probably helps.

new UI is not good, i can't see reason why some fields hidden from me and i forced to visit cargo just to see how many cargo space left or why supply drain soo high/.

To see why your supply drain is high, just hover over "Supply Usage" and press F1. Its quicker to reach than before, actually.

Cargo space is hidden because there is nothing to do with that information while in flight. I mean, you see your cargo capacity during looting/buying and it's not like you can suddenly get more of it after that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:24:42 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 14, 2013, 03:14:06 AM »

Waah, I don't know what's going on with this game anymore! This is fun!  :D
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Tribula

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 14, 2013, 03:16:40 AM »

This update looks great, and I can't wait to try out all of the features. However, when I load a save, the game breaks (there are no sprites, I have no ship and the universe has come to a stand-still). Also, selecting 'no' on 'Exit game?' exits the game.

Lifeforce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 14, 2013, 03:20:14 AM »

This update looks great, and I can't wait to try out all of the features. However, when I load a save, the game breaks (there are no sprites, I have no ship and the universe has come to a stand-still). Also, selecting 'no' on 'Exit game?' exits the game.

Press spacebar to unpause the game ;)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71