Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 553324 times)

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2013, 05:47:16 AM »

You are making it very difficult to stay patient waiting for the update Alex :P

I check on a daily basis wondering if you have finished the work yet :D
Same.

I get on here daily when I turn on my PC, just to check on this thread.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update :)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 09, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »

It's very easy to be patient. It's called finding other things to do in the meantime :P

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2013, 09:07:56 AM »

It's very easy to be patient. It's called finding other things to do in the meantime :P

Like spess.

(station 13!)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2013, 09:28:26 AM »

You are making it very difficult to stay patient waiting for the update Alex :P

I check on a daily basis wondering if you have finished the work yet :D
Same.

I get on here daily when I turn on my PC, just to check on this thread.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update :)

same, I really need the next update lol!

Jaga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

At some point (hopefully), Alex will realize you need to shift from working on the game's framework, to working on the "game" portion itself.  I keep checking back in monthly, only to find the framework effort continuing.  It's been two years or more (?) and we're still single-sector sandbox?

Not belittling the effort Alex, but there's a game portion to be written too, yes?  Story, campaign, universe, etc etc.

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »

At some point (hopefully), Alex will realize you need to shift from working on the game's framework, to working on the "game" portion itself.  I keep checking back in monthly, only to find the framework effort continuing.  It's been two years or more (?) and we're still single-sector sandbox?

Not belittling the effort Alex, but there's a game portion to be written too, yes?  Story, campaign, universe, etc etc.

You will find that usually a house is built, before the furniture is put in.

After the mechanics are in place, the actual content will be put in. But we don't even have a inter-system travel... system in place, so there will be some kind of work done on the mechanics anyways. For now there are mods that will help with introducing more content.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »

Thanks for the support and positive/informative comments, guys :)

Yeah, very much aware of this! There's quite a bit of effort going on behind the scenes in that direction. It's also guiding what framework stuff gets done and how. But, as FloW points out, the framework has to be at least mostly done first, before all that stuff can make it into the game.

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »

With this really long wait (i'm cool with it BTW), i'm always hoping Alex would be adding some sort of content, like an extra sector and not telling us about it. Surprises are fun.
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2013, 08:31:02 PM »

Are StianStarks combat sounds going to make it into this update? I'd like to think hes had plenty of time to get them done...

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2013, 02:39:19 AM »

Do you plan to scrap the blockade run scenario (what is currently called escape) completely, Alex? It might be nice to have it come up from time to time, maybe in connection with the option to blockade stations or hypergates. I mean, it is fun, just too harsh as an  escape scenario where you have no choice. And since the mechanic and admiral AI are already in place...

Are StianStarks combat sounds going to make it into this update? I'd like to think hes had plenty of time to get them done...

They are in the trailer, so I think its safe to say they will be in the game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:37:54 PM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »

I like surprises, myself.

Good chance of that. They're certainly progressing, and I'm very much hoping the timing will work out.

Do you plan to scrap the blockade run scenario (what is currently called escape) completely, Alex? It might be nice to have it come up from time to time, maybe in connection with the option to blockade stations or hypergates. I mean, it is fun, just too harsh as an  escape scenario where you have no choice. And since the mechanic and admiral AI are already in place...

Scrapped, at least for now. Might add it later if campaign stuff warrants it, but too early to say with any degree of certainty. The new "escape" scenario could certainly serve anywhere the old "escape" could...

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »

Question for next version. I generally like playing alone, so its only my ship in whole fleet (that big ***...onslaught). Will it still be possible to play with one ship and go from fight to fight in next version? Will it be a lot harder?

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »

Question for next version. I generally like playing alone, so its only my ship in whole fleet (that big ***...onslaught). Will it still be possible to play with one ship and go from fight to fight in next version? Will it be a lot harder?

I'd guess if you put points in the Character Skill that speeds up repair/refit, it'd be a lot easier.

On that note: Any plans on adding "Support" ships with (Out of combat) repairing/refitting capabilities?  We have freighters for cargo, tankers for fuel, ect.  With the "Combat Readiness" aspect, having a ship that speeds up repairs and re-readying would be very important.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »

I'd bet the old construction rig sprite is being dusted off for just that purpose.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »

I like surprises, myself.

Oooooooo, the teasing, it stings so. Does this perchance warrant rampant speculation?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71