Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 396596 times)

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile

I can hardly wait until this wonderful, back-from-the-dead mod is fully compatible with game version 0.8a!  ;D
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

Do Scavs still offer commissions? or just not through Scrap Yard?  Up to 46 rep now and still no offers, yet hegemony offers them at 20

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

They no longer offer commissions.  This is kind of a double-edged sword since it means you have to build rep through other ways but it also allows you to eventually buy their high-end ships without being locked in to them, like buying from independents.

When I get a chance to work on things again, I'm planning to bump up OPs on most ships and then take a closer look at the missions.  I changed a couple of things, mostly removing excess Talon wings, but there's a lot to be done.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

They no longer offer commissions.  This is kind of a double-edged sword since it means you have to build rep through other ways but it also allows you to eventually buy their high-end ships without being locked in to them, like buying from independents.

When I get a chance to work on things again, I'm planning to bump up OPs on most ships and then take a closer look at the missions.  I changed a couple of things, mostly removing excess Talon wings, but there's a lot to be done.

Makes it a bit more difficult to earn money though, no?

Also, when nex is updated, how will you spread the scav faction via conquer?

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Makes it a bit more difficult to earn money though, no?

Also, when nex is updated, how will you spread the scav faction via conquer?

Commissions usually don't offer much money compared to systemwide bounties.  Nexerelin lets you join factions that don't offer commissions (pirates for example) after you build up some reputation with them.  I love Nex so I'll make sure TUP works well with it once it's out.

Clutch31313

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I just downloaded and installed the .8.0a version, but am not seeing any "Torn Up Plenty" campaign options. Is this functioning correctly, or is this not actually .8a compatible?

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I just downloaded and installed the .8.0a version, but am not seeing any "Torn Up Plenty" campaign options. Is this functioning correctly, or is this not actually .8a compatible?

Currently there are no extra starting options.  I might add some frigates as starting options and put a few of the bigger TUP ships as derelicts in the new systems as well.

Clutch31313

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Oh, ok. I must have gotten the wrong impression from reading the OP. My mistake.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

Oh, ok. I must have gotten the wrong impression from reading the OP. My mistake.

Understandable, there is some outdated info on there. You used to be able from a long list of ships to start with.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile

You used to be able from a long list of ships to start with.

Erick Doe and CaptainWinky:

Will that feature be returning? That was truly one of TuP's greatest strengths and it's sorely missed. I do hope that a restoration will be possible.
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You used to be able from a long list of ships to start with.

Erick Doe and CaptainWinky:

Will that feature be returning? That was truly one of TuP's greatest strengths and it's sorely missed. I do hope that a restoration will be possible.

Seems like a good idea since it was in the older version.  I'll take a look at it this weekend.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

I'm all for it.  :)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile

That would be awesome. I may be a jump-start-with-endgame-content type but even I can appreciate the starting point descriptions and choices. Heck, I might even find a new ship from this mod once again to like!
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Starting ship selection is back!  You can pick one larger ship for your flagship as well as a frigate, or just the frigate if you're a real psychogamer.  This will conflict with any other mod that alters the starting options.  For instance if you have Better Beginning enabled it will override this.

Download Tore Up Plenty 0.8.0b

Spoiler
Version 0.8.0b
--------------
+ another OP bump for most ships
+ removed Reinforced Bulkheads from all variants that had it
+ slight buff to Marshall's speed and maneuverability
+ restored missing comm relay in Iota
+ new starting ship selection: one frigate and one destroyer/cruiser/capital
[close]

Clutch31313

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm going to start over just to check this out. Thanks for your work!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48