Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 396564 times)

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile

You did nothing wrong

It looks like Exerelin is still looking for the old Thunderchild id, which was changed from thunderchild_blue_Basic to tup_thunderchild for the ship id and thunderchild_Basic, thunderchild_Assault and thunderchild_Support for the variants.

Zaphide said that he'd update Exerelin to fix this.

In the meantime, it will probably work if you change Line 587 in ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java yourself. According to Nanao-kun the leftover reference to thunderchild_blue_Basic can be found here. Just change thunderchild_blue_Basic to thunderchild_Basic.

Hope this helps!

I'm getting the same error as that guy. I tried the fix that you suggested, and I'm still getting the error. Any other ideas, or maybe an ETA on that fix?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You did nothing wrong

It looks like Exerelin is still looking for the old Thunderchild id, which was changed from thunderchild_blue_Basic to tup_thunderchild for the ship id and thunderchild_Basic, thunderchild_Assault and thunderchild_Support for the variants.

Zaphide said that he'd update Exerelin to fix this.

In the meantime, it will probably work if you change Line 587 in ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java yourself. According to Nanao-kun the leftover reference to thunderchild_blue_Basic can be found here. Just change thunderchild_blue_Basic to thunderchild_Basic.

Hope this helps!

I'm getting the same error as that guy. I tried the fix that you suggested, and I'm still getting the error. Any other ideas, or maybe an ETA on that fix?

Hi ahrenjb,

It will probably be some amount of time before I have a non-DEV version of Exerelin for release.

In the meantime it may be best for you to grab the latest DEV version (https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/overview, then click the download link on right hand side, next to 77.1MB). It should be pretty stable at this point :)

Added bonus is that it supports the latest version of all the supported mods (including Tore Up Plenty), plus a few other ones that are not supported in the latest stable release.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi ahrenjb,

It will probably be some amount of time before I have a non-DEV version of Exerelin for release.

In the meantime it may be best for you to grab the latest DEV version (https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/overview, then click the download link on right hand side, next to 77.1MB). It should be pretty stable at this point :)

Added bonus is that it supports the latest version of all the supported mods (including Tore Up Plenty), plus a few other ones that are not supported in the latest stable release.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out as soon as I get home. Appreciate the quick response. Been following Starfarer Starsector for a couple of years now, and a whole lot of features have been added since I last played. Played vanilla briefly, then decided to see what the modding community had to offer. A lot, by the looks of it.

Just to clarify, the version of TuP that is supported by the latest DEV release of Exerelin is the "V7 - Exerelin Compatible Version" or the latest "V7b" version?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out as soon as I get home. Appreciate the quick response. Been following Starfarer Starsector for a couple of years now, and a whole lot of features have been added since I last played. Played vanilla briefly, then decided to see what the modding community had to offer. A lot, by the looks of it.

Just to clarify, the version of TuP that is supported by the latest DEV release of Exerelin is the "V7 - Exerelin Compatible Version" or the latest "V7b" version?
V7b

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile

V7b

Thanks,

Got everything working now. Appreciate the assistance everyone.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

I removed the old link to V7 so there can be no more confusion.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

V8 is almost done! That's roughly a month after V7b's release. Set that as a deadline for myself.

Some of the content in V8:
-3 TuP specific hullmods: "Reinforced Corridors" - "Scrap Armour" - "Scrapped Parts"
-3 new portraits, including improvements to older portraits
-New ship: "Event Horizon-class Battleship"
-New ship: "Perigee-class Heavy Cruiser"
-New ship: "Timberwolf Mk2-class Heavy Frigate"
-New ship: "Steer-class tugboat"
-New ship: "Raider Mk2 Shuttle"
-New ship: a destroyer based off the Enforcer
-Small balancing tweaks to existing ships
-Small graphical tweaks to existing ships, most profoundly the Taskmaster
-Improved and expanded on ship descriptions, again
-Visible maneuvering jets to TuP ships that have that system
-Adjusted weapon arcs, to make the most of UsS's random weapon variant assignment code
-New factions!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Ships that are coming up:
Spoiler
[close]
Left to right: Raider Mk2, Steer, Bloodhound, Timberwolf Mk2, Marshall, Perigee, Event Horizon

The Event Horizon-class Battleship doesn't really fit in with the rest of the mod so I'll probably keep that as a special mission ship.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile

Good job, looking forward to it!

Best new ship just telling by it's look: Timberwolf MK II, everything screams "AWESOME" looking at it!
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Completed a bunch of hullmods that can only be fitted on TuP ships:

Scrapped Parts
By stripping the ship of non-essential parts it can store more missiles and ammo at the cost of hull integrity.

-Reduces hull integrity with 30%
-Increases all ammo types with 25%

Scrap Armour
Conceived by welding on pieces of scrap metal that increase the ship's armour rating, depending on hull size. Also reduces ship maneuverability by a quarter.

-Reduces maneuverability with 25%
-Adds 50, 75, 150, 200 armour at a high OP cost
-Only advantage is that this mod is readily available from the start and doesn't have to get unlocked. It also stacks with Heavy Armor. Heavy Armor offers better ratings and costs less. But it has to be unlocked first.

Reinforced Corridors
By reinforcing the ship's internal passageways with scrap parts and metal beams, hull integrity is increased by a third.

-Increases hull integrity with 30%
-Increases hull integrity with 5% more than blast doors. Though it does not offer crew protection.
-Readily available from the start, unlike Reinforced Bulkheads. However, it is just as expensive and a lot less effective (20% less effective). It does stack with Reinforced Bulkheads though.

V7c is almost done!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:16:07 PM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

V7c is out!

Ok, I am releasing V7c now, because modders like Uomoz have been waiting on its new content and also the fixes and tweaks on existing content. I will continue to work on V8, which will have more fleshed out campaign features soon, such as new factions.

The following has been done:
-3 new TuP specific hullmods: "Reinforced Corridors" - "Scrap Armour" - "Scrapped Parts"
-2 new portraits, including improvements to older portraits
-New ship: "Event Horizon-class Battleship"
-New ship: "Overlord-class Converted Freighter / Command Ship
-New ship: "Perigee-class Heavy Cruiser"
-New ship: "Timberwolf Mk2-class Heavy Frigate"
-New ship: "Steer-class tugboat"
-New ship: "Raider Mk2-class Shuttle"
-New ship: "Marshall-class Light Destroyer"
-Small balancing tweaks to existing ships
-Small graphical tweaks to existing ships, most profoundly the Taskmaster
-Improved and expanded on ship descriptions, again
-Visible maneuvering jets added to TuP ships that have that system
-Adjusted weapon arcs, to make the most of UsS's random weapon variant assignment code
-Improved Corvus Scavengers: Added newer ships to their fleets and improved the consistency of their spawns
-Basic variants are no longer being delivered to the Corvus Scrapyard. Instead empty hulls are being delivered (as intended)
-The custom soundtrack is now disabled by default. To re-enable it simply remove the "#" prefix in the file name
-New ships added as starting ships
-More stuff, such as screen variants, sim opponents, updated test mission, etc.

@Uomoz and Zaphide
I recommend you overwrite and replace existing TuP content to ensure all the tweaks and changes are applied, such as altered engines, weapon mounts, stats and sprites. I've done a lot of small stuff like that, ontop of the bigger content.  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:35:11 PM by Erick Doe »

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Quick question-- is the barracuda supposed to have different arcs for its two medium weapon mounts? The left (port?) mount's arc is about twice as wide as the right mount, but the sprite at least seems to suggest they'd be the same.

(This thread may have gone a few months without a post, but it's TuP! Can't be dead.)

Edit: Oh, and... is the Hermit intended to have a peak performance time period? I'm assuming so, just wanted to be sure since a) seems iffy enough without it and b) I thought part of the whole point of fighters/carriers was to avoid the peak performance issues of frigates.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:02:56 PM by Flunky »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Of course it isn't dead! V7c is just a stable release and I haven't had to update it in a while.

The medium mounts on the port and starboard nacelle should have the same arc, but I just tested it and you're right, they don't. Very odd.

I'll fix this for next release.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Working on V7d:
-Fixed weapon arcs for the Barracuda
-Fixed spelling errors here and there
-Properly Redone the launchbays on all ships
-New ship: Sojourner
-New ship: Stork

Stork (WIP)

Sojourner

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile

Do you think that you will integrate ShaderLib with this mod anytime soon?
I really don't know what I'm doing...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48