Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 398641 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Tore Up Plenty V5a - Campaign + Exerelin Integration!
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »

At the risk of offending the author of Torn Up Plenty, I recently re-arranged the structure of the 'graphics' folder so that all of the various ship .png files are now in a single 'graphics\tup\ships' sub-folder, and edited all thirty of the .ship files to reflect the new file path(s).

As for why I did so? Mainly because the current folder structure (as of v5.0a, which I used for this purpose) made for one hell of a headache, at least when integrating the new version with the latest Uomoz's Sector (for personal use only, rest assured).

Should Erick Doe approve, I could either upload (for general usage) a .rar archive with only the revised 'graphics\tup\ships' sub-folder and the thirty modded .ship files, or (perhaps more appropriately) PM/e-mail the author to do with the archive as he/she/it sees fit.

That would be so good for UsS integration... Are you going to agree Erick? I thought that a general refactoring of the folder structure for tup was going to happen sooner or later, given the folder mess xD.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »

I didn't respond to this yet? Basically it is on the to-do list. The current structure is a relic of when TuP was composed of individual ship mods. As the missions were integrated into one, so shall the folders be. At my leisure.  ;)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »

Hey Erick Doe,
don´t you think your new Battlecruiser ( Dreadnought Class) is a bit to strong?
At least I think it is.
Still I like it as it is. So there is no need to change it  ;D ( could be my flagship for the future )

The Flux dissipation of 1000 is to high for only 1(2) Large and 2 Medium slots of ballistics ( Onslaught only 600 with way more ballistic slots )
-> I´ve set Vents to 50 and got more flux dissipation then all my weapons at the same time could do
The ship itself got a good armor and hull in comparison to its maneuverability and speed . So the weak shield isn't needed much. ( upkeep is high anyway )
The 2 build-in Harpoon look a bit odd due to the change in size. ( maybe turn them by 90° and change them to normal )

Spoiler
My Dreadhnought
Using Harpoon on the small missile and universal slots and Pilum on the 2 medium and large makes this a nice missile ship.
The 2 Medium ballistics are Maulers, the large one is a Mark IX Autocannon , they give a good firepower to your broadside and more worse if something is in front of you
The small ballistics are light machine guns and some dual .. don´t need that much PD ( arcs a small but still good )
Maybe i´ll use 1 medium for a dual flak and change smalls on sides to something offensive ( would increase my PD strength if needed but worked good without)

As long as I had ammunition , I didn't had to worry anything
[close]

Chronosfear

Edit : Oh you added music ;) ( Why does that music remind my so much of Mech Warrior ?  :D )

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:23:58 AM by Chronosfear »
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »

No. It is perfectly balanced between the conquest and the onslaught. In fact, it has a hard time beating an onslaught. It has a fairly easy time against a Conquest, unless that Conquest is piloted by a player. Without the 1000 dissipation it would overload much too quick from shield damage. The Dreadnought has the durability of the Onslaught, while a little less. And the speed and maneuverability of the Conquest, but again, a little less than the Conquest itself. Both the Onslaught and the Conquest can outgun the Dreadnought.

The music's been there quite a while, but I'm glad you like it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:16:51 AM by Erick Doe »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 24, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »

I didn't respond to this yet? Basically it is on the to-do list. The current structure is a relic of when TuP was composed of individual ship mods. As the missions were integrated into one, so shall the folders be. At my leisure.  ;)
So... should I assume then, that permission to upload said archive (if for no other reason than to lighten Uomoz' sanity load) is not granted?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 27, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »

So... should I assume then, that permission to upload said archive (if for no other reason than to lighten Uomoz' sanity load) is not granted?
You're free to upload the archive. I'm just saying that I will get around to it eventually myself. Graphics and sounds will both also be moved into a tup subfolder.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 27, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »

You're free to upload the archive. I'm just saying that I will get around to it eventually myself. Graphics and sounds will both also be moved into a tup subfolder.
Well, in that case, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-e0Ikhh_YHM0RRUFJ6NVF1eU0/edit?usp=sharing

To those unfamiliar with Google Drive (can't be arsed to sign up an account with another downloading host), select the 'Download' option from the 'File' menu (or use 'Ctrl + S' as a keyboard shortcut).

The linked archive contains only the edited .ship files, as well as the revised 'graphics' folder structure (though only the 'tup\ships' sub-folder has actual files inside them).

To clarify, the empty sub-folders within said archive, are the ones that are not to be deleted from the mainline TuP v5a archive (the other 29 sub-folders containing the ship graphics are safe to delete).

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 29, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »

I'm putting this on both your's and U'sS pages, but the Mace class doesn't have any flight decks while the description says it can field "multiple wings of strike craft"

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 30, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »

I'm putting this on both your's and U'sS pages, but the Mace class doesn't have any flight decks while the description says it can field "multiple wings of strike craft"

It did have flight decks. Just no launch bays. It is a relic from before 0.6. when ships had both launch bays and flight decks (or hangar space). This allowed it to field several fighters.

I noticed this for the Damocles and changed it accordingly. I didn't realise the Mace also had this in its description.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 04, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »

Coming up soon in Tore Up Plenty V6:

-These new ships:

(still need re-shading and re-colouring)

-Description fix for the Mace (has no flightdecks)
-All ship sprites in one folder
-Possibly a home system for a TuP based faction - maybe not though since it would be a lot of work.  ::)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 04, 2014, 06:47:55 AM »

Hi there Erick! nice to see you're working on this!

Some feedback!

I feel like the one of the left could use more work on its "lines". The center of the ships shows converging lines, a clear sign of mirroring. It's not bad per se but looks more bashed then the other 3 (that looks very good to me).

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 04, 2014, 07:11:42 AM »

I see what you mean by converging and mirrored lines. I'll see what I can do to address this. You mean the blue parts, down the centre, right? Because the grey metallic parts are mirrored like that on purpose.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2014, 06:03:34 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
Eight new ships coming up. Also some tweaks and a new folder structure.

DarkAlbino

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2014, 07:46:01 AM »

Hey Erick, if you'd like me to give you a hand with setting up a faction (also Exerelin) just PM me.
I think your ships should definitely be part of one, maybe some group of passionate engineers, tweaking everything in range.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »

Hey Erick, if you'd like me to give you a hand with setting up a faction (also Exerelin) just PM me.
I think your ships should definitely be part of one, maybe some group of passionate engineers, tweaking everything in range.

It is not really a 'faction' mod. Zaphide said he'd put TuP in Exerelin as civilian / pirate / rebel spawns. Likewise, Uomoz has integrated TuP into Uomoz's Sector not as a faction, but instead has the ships all spread out across the vanilla factions (independents, Hegemony, Tri-tachyon, Sindrian Diktat and pirates).

TuP already has a small faction though; the Corvus Scavengers. Which employs mostly just the low to mid-tech TuP ships, but sells ALL TuP ships at their station in Corvus.

I appreciate the offer though. But I like working solo on my projects.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:46:27 AM by Erick Doe »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48