Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 399090 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: Tore Up Plenty - Alternate Starting Ships - Featuring a new Campaign!
« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »

I don't think people should worry too much about naming their ship to an already used ship name. With 102498 ships flying around here there are bound to be some duplicate names around. :)

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2013, 06:53:11 PM »

I did not know that the name was already in use by another mod. I normally do not mind though. I can't keep tabs on all the mods out there. Common names like Crow, Raven or Rook are easily taken by others.

However, I don't mind changing the name to Scarecrow, if need be.

Or maybe something like 'Osprey', 'Buzzard' or 'Gull'. 'Cormorant' or 'Heron'?

[edit]
The more I think about it, the more I like 'Cormorant'. It is a real life water bird. An eal hunter.
Cormorant is actually my favourite bird.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »

Oh! Just a suggestion, but you do a lot of classy looking low-tech and very late core/early expansion tech ships. Have you considered making more early core/median core mercenary-style ships? Destroyers/Carriers/Etc. Things that have been outfitted by more wealthy merc companies to be able to excel against similar craft, or fill in roles that aren't normally filled by core era ships? (A sort of adaptation to having to deal with both low tech craft, and high tech.)

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2013, 07:09:06 PM »

Hot damn. From what I'm seeing so far, this is probably the most wonderfully executed system I've ever seen. This has a hell of a lot of potential. If you like, I'd be more than happy to help write up lore for all your ships, edit grammatical mistakes, and help flesh out the place in general.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

Now up for download. Not yet included in campaign.

Cormorant Relative starting difficulty: Very Easy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:38:37 AM by Erick Doe »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »

Looking good.  Time to give her a whirl.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 05, 2013, 05:02:13 AM »

Hot damn. From what I'm seeing so far, this is probably the most wonderfully executed system I've ever seen. This has a hell of a lot of potential. If you like, I'd be more than happy to help write up lore for all your ships, edit grammatical mistakes, and help flesh out the place in general.

Thanks Callahan! But I'd like to write up the lore myself. It is part of what makes doing this campaign enjoyable. However, don't hesitate to point out any grammar mistakes. Oh, and since you like writing so much, I'd love to see a story set in the Iota system.  :D

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 05, 2013, 05:38:05 AM »

I've updated the Cormorant. Now to get back to enhancing the campaign.

As a side note: The Cormorant is a carrier and shines in this role. But she can also be used fairly well in direct combat. Depending on her loadout she can destroy a Dominator or even a Conquest.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:39 AM »

Thanks Callahan! But I'd like to write up the lore myself. It is part of what makes doing this campaign enjoyable. However, don't hesitate to point out any grammar mistakes. Oh, and since you like writing so much, I'd love to see a story set in the Iota system.  :D
Something I've noticed is that the ships don't really have a backstory. All you've got, it seems is 'this is a chunk of an onslaught, turned into a warship.' Or 'this is a (ship) that got modified due to being used in x role.'

Where instead you could have something (in regards to the onslaught pieces), along the lines of the enemies of the Hegemony being forced to break up and re-use pieces of the warships they kill in order to keep up the fight, and sustain combat losses (would be great to see the Iota PDF in a bitter struggle to maintain their system's independence, using such strategies, along with experienced frigates and such, and a few operational cruisers, but mostly relying on a jury-rigged fleet because of the drawn-out war of attrition).

Once the Iota system is really fleshed out, I might do an actual short story based in it. Instead of the 'short story' that is Independence. Which is basically just a serial novel.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 05, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »

True. I still have to flesh out the descriptions of various ships. I do hope people read the descriptions in the codex though. Because the ship's immediate description only shows the first paragraph.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 05, 2013, 07:07:14 AM »

Campaign V2 progress:

Well, I've finished Maas Mining Outfit. They spawn at Iota I, near the Maas Station in the Maas Belt. They are neutral to the player but hostile to pirates and Wright Shipyards, as they all compete for minerals and salvage. Their fleets are a mix of TuP ships and vanilla mining and cargo vessels. They will comment on the player's presence near the Maas Asteroid Belt, depending on their relations with you.

Next up are the Aurora pirates, who lurk on the dark side of the Aurora Moon.

I've also included the Cormorant in the campaign.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:08:57 AM by Erick Doe »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 05, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »

Can Iota be one of 0.6 UsC's systems? :D

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 05, 2013, 07:51:04 AM »

Can Iota be one of 0.6 UsC's systems? :D

You know it! (That's a yes :) )

Side note: Finished the Aurora Moon Raiders faction, who spawn near the mysterious Aurora Moon; A planetoid that did not originate from the Iota system. Instead, it hurdled through space and ended up caught in Iota's gravity well. The Lost Fortune freebooters and the Damocles fleet from the story-driven missions were part of the Aurora Moon Raiders.

About to upload V2 of the Tore Up Plenty Campaign.

Oh yes, tackled the long forgotten problem with the Timberwolf. I changed its fast missile racks (useless on the Timberwolf) for maneuvering jets. Hopefully all you Timberwolf haters will now find a use for this lovely frigate. I mean, just look at the sheer amount of weaponslots on that ship!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:59:15 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:47 AM »

Guess who!  ;D

I took one of David's portraits and changed it around a bit.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:47:33 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48