Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 398806 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: Tore Up Plenty - Alternate Starting Ships
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »

@Vinya and Phyrex
Yes, there aren't that many high-tech ships in the game. However, we are discussing adding a capital ship, of which there are actually quite a few high-tech ones.

actually only vinya suggested high-tech capital ship, i suggested the opposite...

I know that, Phyrex. The comment was aimed at you both since there was an obvious misunderstanding between the two of you. You were talking about capital ships and how there are already lots of high-tech ones. Vinya was suggesting adding more high-tech ships, but not capital ships per se, since there aren't that many high tech ships overall.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

@Vinya and Phyrex
Yes, there aren't that many high-tech ships in the game. However, we are discussing adding a capital ship, of which there are actually quite a few high-tech ones.

actually only vinya suggested high-tech capital ship, i suggested the opposite...

I know that, Phyrex. The comment was aimed at you both since there was an obvious misunderstanding between the two of you. You were talking about capital ships and how there are already lots of high-tech ones. Vinya was suggesting adding more high-tech ships, but not capital ships per se, since there aren't that many high tech ships overall.

well there was still a misunderstanding going on, had to read all the post thrice to really get what you meant XD
i think im tired

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »

I can only work on java stuff for so long before getting the desire to do artwork:

Here's the much needed buffalo based Bumblebee. I'm sure some of you will be able to recognise what inspired me.  ;)

Love it (mostly the inspiration). The front section really bugs me for some reason- either the resolution, size of it, or the slightly different colour.

Probably all of the above.

Also note that I talked about frigates right after mentioning the high-tech ships. I never mentioned capital ships. Stop putting words in my mouf >:(
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2013, 06:23:28 AM »

The cockpit is very obviously taken from the Medusa but that's ok. Have to say it's one of you very best looking ship yet.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »

Changed the sprite a little and decided to rename it the Corsair.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2013, 03:30:29 PM »

Much better, now. I had felt it did look a little wonky. Out of curiosity, are these ships integrated with the game proper at all? (Meaning, can you buy them from any stations). It'd certainly spruce up the pirate base a bit. And integrating them into pirate fleets would adda very interesting dynamic to the game, giving them a more asymmetrical feel, and a much greater, potent ship variety.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »

I'm actually currently working on a campaign mode, where the system is reworked and includes these new ships ontop of all the vanilla factions.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »

Hot damn! Very nice to hear. Some more freelancers/mercenaries (of varying faction, perhaps, so they don't all aggro you by default). [Because huehue, can attack independent miners and traders/mercs don't aggro.]

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »

Well, it will be a whole new system. It will still have Tri-tachyon, Hegemony, independents and pirates and their respective stations. But it will also add the Maas Belt Mining outfit (MBM), Iota IV Defense Force (IDF) and Planet Wright Shipyards. All with their own stations and custom ships for sale. There will also be a few more smaller groups, mostly familiar encounters from the TuP missions. Like the ISS Horizon Taskforce and the Lost Fortune Freebooters.

Try out the complete pack v5 if you want to check out the missions.

Once we have multiple systems, this one can be added ontop of Corvus and whatever else we may get.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:54:56 PM by Erick Doe »

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »

I can't even begin to describe how classy that sounds. Looking forward to the release.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »

Almost done with the first release of the Campaign mode. Maas Station acts as a personal storage base. Iota IV Orbital Station sells low to mid-tech ships. Wright Shipyards sells mid to high-tech ships.

The first release features the Iota System. It includes all the vanilla factions, stations, ships and weapons. It adds several new factions and stations. All of TuP's custom ships will be available. Either through purchase from a station or by raiding and boarding. There are no supply convoys yet, so the custom stations will not be resupplied in the coming version. This is something I'll add in a future version.

This version will also include custom backgrounds, music and portraits. In short it will offer an enhanced vanilla Starsector experience.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »

I've run into an issue. And I'm sure it is due to something small that I am currently overlooking.

I've added the following lines to a Gen file:
      CargoAPI cargo = iotaivStation.getCargo();
      cargo.addWeapons("arbalest", 5);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.ELITE, 10);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.VETERAN, 20);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.REGULAR, 40);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.GREEN, 80);
      cargo.addMarines(40);
      cargo.addSupplies(160);
      cargo.addFuel(160);
      cargo.addMothballedShip(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "boartusk_wing", null);
      cargo.addMothballedShip(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "foxhound_Stock", null);

The above leads to an error.

The following should be added to iotaivStation. Unfortunately, the game gives me a null error. I have never before had trouble with adding cargo to a station. The only thing that I've found challenging in the past is adding a convoy to deliver goods.

Does anyone spot the issue?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2013, 08:35:11 AM »

Send me the DEV :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »

Send me the DEV :)

Will do. Usually I find the solution in the end. Many times it is a ridiculously simple thing I overlooked, like referring to a token or having an uppercase instead of a lowercase letter somewhere. But I really want to finish the first release today. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:07:33 PM by Erick Doe »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »

I've run into an issue. And I'm sure it is due to something small that I am currently overlooking.

I've added the following lines to a Gen file:
      CargoAPI cargo = iotaivStation.getCargo();
      cargo.addWeapons("arbalest", 5);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.ELITE, 10);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.VETERAN, 20);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.REGULAR, 40);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.GREEN, 80);
      cargo.addMarines(40);
      cargo.addSupplies(160);
      cargo.addFuel(160);
      cargo.addMothballedShip(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "boartusk_wing", null);
      cargo.addMothballedShip(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "foxhound_Stock", null);

The above leads to an error.

The following should be added to iotaivStation. Unfortunately, the game gives me a null error. I have never before had trouble with adding cargo to a station. The only thing that I've found challenging in the past is adding a convoy to deliver goods.

Does anyone spot the issue?

I think you will probably want to add a hull rather than a variant:
Code
cargo.addMothballedShip(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "foxhound_Hull", null);
But that won't throw a null error (it would throw a different error).

Has anything been assigned to the variable iotaivStation prior to the code block you pasted above?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48