Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 396557 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tore Up Plenty - Alternate Starting Ships
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »

The Lance doesn't look like a ship made for fighting, instead relying on it's fighters to do that job. I haven't played with any TUP ship, but that sounds like it's working as intended

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »

Oh, I'm not complaining about the ship itself, I'm just mad 'cos there's no decent core epoch carriers' about, and I don't like how the Lance works.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »

Oh, I'm not complaining about the ship itself, I'm just mad 'cos there's no decent core epoch carriers' about, and I don't like how the Lance works.

I actually intended the Lance to fill that gap. There's little I can do about the length of it. It does have two launchbays, I believe. What is so bad about the shields in your opinion? The hypervelocity cannon is intended to take potshots at enemies while staying out of range.

Can you give me an idea what you're looking for in a core epoch carrier?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 01:09:23 PM by Erick Doe »

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 07, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »

Something along the lines of a dedicated military carrier, very much core epoch, likely a gutted and refurbished falcon, or eagle. Something that can take a good deal of fire whilst retaining a robust hull, and being able to project flak PD and missile firepower.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

Something along the lines of a dedicated military carrier, very much core epoch, likely a gutted and refurbished falcon, or eagle. Something that can take a good deal of fire whilst retaining a robust hull, and being able to project flak PD and missile firepower.

maybe a buffed up falcon (is that the one with a hole in the middle ?) with a runway where the middle prong would be on its big brother ?

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »

I don't quite remember the lore, but isn't the Onslaught of core epoch times?
While a dedicated military carrier sounds nice (a counterpart to the Astral), a gutted and refurbished one, eh, not so much. The Condor is partially gutted and refurbished already, and there are certainly enough falcons, eagles, conquests and ships made of bits of conquest and eagle already. That said, I trust in Erick's ability to create a ship that can look like a Falcon without automatically going "Oh, that's made out of crispy fried shredded falcon". The Hedgehog doesn't make me think that it's just a tiny Onslaught with it's wings clipped or like one of these monstrosities where a group of ship engineers decided the Onslaught just wasn't cutting the mustard, so they took 10 Onslaughts and welded them together to see how that worked. That also said, I do very much like the edited omnidirectional mounts on said monster.

EDIT:
Ninja'd...
Yeah, the Falcon is the smaller brother of the Eagle and has "wings" compared to the Eagle which is more of a general delta wing shape. Almost looks like the Falcon could have some sort of megacannon built into that space in the middle. Someone's probably already done it.
DOUBLE EDIT:
I said "said" a lot, didn't I?...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:13:43 PM by Silver Silence »

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2013, 04:11:36 PM »

"Sir, the hostiles have destroyed a sizable amount of our Onslaughts!"

"Weld eighteen onslaughts together and see if that fares any better."

-Every Hegemony Admiral Ever.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »

Then the TriTachyon cottoned on and decided they weren't having none of that.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »

"Seventy nine onslaughts."

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »

I like it so far, but I have one minor gripe.

Please change the upgraded Brawler's name from "Wrestler" to something like "Slugger" or "Pugilist".  Having a ship called the "Wrestler" just feels weird.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2013, 05:56:14 PM »

silver omg...where can i get that onslaught and paragon ship to play with, these are insane.

its like the ship WAR someone made which is basicly 8 onslaught in a star shape. he never got to upload it

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »

I like it so far, but I have one minor gripe.

Please change the upgraded Brawler's name from "Wrestler" to something like "Slugger" or "Pugilist".  Having a ship called the "Wrestler" just feels weird.

I like Pugilist. I was at the time also considering 'Rowdy', 'Scrapper' or 'Bantam'. Romper also comes to mind.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2013, 02:00:56 AM »

Romper sounds cool.
Brawler and Romper both have plenty of "r" in them to roll them on your toungue ;)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2013, 02:54:07 AM »

Though it's a little off topic, the 10-Onslaughts-in-one ship can be found in the Fight For Universe mod, while the TriTachyon ship is actually in Davidoff's Council mod. Back in the days of the minimash mod and such, the Omega was a common sight, but as Davidoff expanded his mod, the Omega disappeared into the void. I believe it's files are still present in the Council mod, so it's simply a case of giving it a chance to spawn in TriTach fleets or giving yourself one.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »

I'm currently working on the campaign mode. All the locations and ships from the story-driven missions will be included; as well as vanilla Tri-Tachyon, Hegemony, Pirate and independent spawns.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48