Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Hawken Fleet (0.6.1a) 0.2.2  (Read 56785 times)

Uthilian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hawken Fleet (0.6.1a) 0.2.2
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »

Would you consider making your mod Exerelin compatible? I'd love to see it plugged in to the stuff they're got going on.
I have done a release with Exerelin compatibility will need some play testing

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 03:47:50 AM »

Would you consider making your mod Exerelin compatible? I'd love to see it plugged in to the stuff they're got going on.

Uthilian, I'm happy to help out if you want :)

You'll want to define your exerelin<type>Fleet's like the vanilla faction ones in the latest version of Exerelin. You will need only these fleets:
 - exerelinGenericFleet (full list of all variants you want available. This dictates AI fleet composition, ships available for sale and weapons lists. Set all to 0 minimum.)
 - exerelinInSystemSupplyConvoy (three freighter-equivalents)
 - exerelinInSystemStationAttackFleet (a valid superfreighter and valid troop transport or equivalent)
 - exerelinAsteroidMiningFleet (at least one mining drone wing and at least one other ship, preferably freighter)
 - exerelinGasMiningFleet (at least one mining drone wing and at least one other ship, preferably fuel transport)
 - exerelinEliteFleet (any unbalanced ships not for sale but still possible to spawn in AI fleets, or if none then just the most powerful ship/variant in faction)

Valid ships for superfreighter, troop transport and mining drones are stored in arrays at the top of data/scripts/world/ExerelinData.java. These dictate whether a specific fleet composition can perform the role of boarding or mining. If you have your own versions of these then we'll need to add them to those arrays so they count as valid ships.

We'll also need to add the following to ExerelinData.java - addModdedFactionsToList method:
Code
        // Test for Hawken Fleet
        if(isFactionInstalled("hawkenfleet", "data.scripts.world.HawkenModPlugin"))
            possibleFactionList.add("hawkenfleet");

// Test for Orthin Expansion
        if(isFactionInstalled("Orthin", "data.scripts.world.HawkenModPlugin"))
            possibleFactionList.add("Orthin");

(I really should write that down somewhere obvious so sorry for that)

Anyway feel free to PM me with any questions etc. :)

Uthilian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hawken Fleet (0.6.1a) 0.2.2 and 0.2.2e Exerelin compatible
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 04:24:11 AM »

I will have to work on it abit more maybe give me and excuse to put some new ships
Spoiler
Orthin Troop transport

Hawken Troop Transport

Updated Hawken cargo Transport
[close]
after resizing of course
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:26:00 AM by Uthilian »

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:02 AM »

Thanks for colourful and interesting mod. I want to suggest to make instead of two different home systems one to a flock the conflict of two warring of fractions will develop. It will make system more interesting and eventful on the one hand, and with another will lower load of game a little. And that when you put many mods at once there is an unpleasant situation when and it is impossible to play with all of them technically, and to disconnect any of these remarkable mods it is a pity. And on me the look is much more interesting when in new system it is possible and will be bought from new allies and to do some fighting with the new opponent. You feel the participant of the conflict. Instead of that you arrive in system, and there only the station and fleet of allies reels up circles. And to go a campaign on completely hostile system to late stages of game not so it turns out. When in system some fractions it is much more interesting, always to eat than be engaged. Such as in original Corvus.
From the ships Blade-Class Shuttle especially was pleasant, it is my favourite transport. :) I suggest to add tugs for each fraction and any fast ship of the destroyer size capable to catch up opponent. Once again thanks for mod. I apologize for curve language it is machine translation.

It is added later: Possibly it and not a bug, but and reflected. I found here that Orinth are initially neutral to the player though apparently reflected as hostile. 
Also I found as it to correct:it is necessary to change in the OrthinSectorGen file one letter in the line

Orthin.setRelationship ("Player",-2);     

there has to be

Orthin.setRelationship ("player",-2);

and then the attitude towards the player works normally. Probably to someone it will be useful.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:54:06 PM by Runoved »

LuciferNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 08:22:44 AM »

Actually, the mod is very NOT Exerelin compatible.  I have spent several hours just to get them working with Exerelin.

Issues found (so far....):
- Sprite sizes are massive, Id suggest 50% or 66% reduction
- Sound files are missing correct references, or just plain not there
- The wings, and variants are incorrectly named/referenced in the wings.csv, causing load-up failures and crashes, as well as 'single' unrefittable ships instead of full wings
- Hit boxes for many ships dont work, one ship (i think its the light carrier) cant even be hit in battle (when I finally fixed the previous issues)
- Wings clump together in-battle, but that may be due to my in-experience with modding

I have made them playable in Exerelin, but its far from fixed at this stage, Im going to try re-sizing, and hopefully that will remove the last two issues.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »

Since i Am a Minor critic, I will pick out the major flaws with this
Redo the names for most, you have put the text in the wrong place alongside with descriptions
Redo Hawkens Carrier, It is horrible to play with and fight because the solid lines only are around one place and you can shoot straight through the hull without doing anything
Make the home stars more full instead of them being empty (No units)
PLEASE LOWER THE UNITS OF HAWKEN AND OTHER IN CORVUS
I believe those are all the majors that need to be delt with so far
Sorry if I have told already delt with problems

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2013, 03:37:59 AM »

I'm not sure if you're aware of how amazing the ravenger cannons are. I generally don't like burst weapons, but they fire rapidly enough to make up for it, and in pairs, and especially quadruple front mounted, they WRECK shields. They're particlarily well paired with big damage HE weapons of similar range - I don't tend to use the weapons that come with this faction, though. The sprites seem less well done, for some reason.
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »

Hey long time fan of your mod! I am unable to select them in Exerelin however.

Eternity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »

Hi there,

Ultrian, would it be possible to update your mod for version 0.71a ?  ;)

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »

Not sure if it will be updated since it was a necroed thread. He was last active 6 months ago and this thread about 2 years. Would have been better for you to email him instead.

Uthilian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2015, 12:03:44 AM »

thanks for the interest, unfortunately i have not been and will not be in a position to be able to work on this mod for the foreseeable future. If someone else would like to take over or fiddle with it be my guest, you will have to keep a link to http://stars-in-shadow.com/artwork_license.html and make sure to give the artist his due credit

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2015, 12:15:38 AM »

You might have a better luck with the NGO mod, that one should be updated someday... Probably.

Eternity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »

Bad news !!! but anyway many thanks for your answer !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]