Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Axis and Allies  (Read 1715 times)

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
Axis and Allies
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »

Hey all,
today I'm off to play Axis and Allies with a few mates. (I won't be replying to any threads later)
For those of you who haven't played it, it's basically a TBS board game sit in WWII, starting in roughly 1942. (some versions start earlier and others start later) You can play as UK, Russia, America (Allies) or Germany, Japan (Axis) there are other factions in other games (i.e., when the Pacific and European boards come together, you get the ANZACs, Chinese, Italians and French)
All in all, I find it quite fun, albeit perplexing at times.
People who have played it before, who's your favorite country? WHat's a good strategy, and what's complete rubbish? (never build 2 battleships as Russia. It doesn't end well.)
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Axis and Allies
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »

Hey all,
today I'm off to play Axis and Allies with a few mates. (I won't be replying to any threads later)
For those of you who haven't played it, it's basically a TBS board game sit in WWII, starting in roughly 1942. (some versions start earlier and others start later) You can play as UK, Russia, America (Allies) or Germany, Japan (Axis) there are other factions in other games (i.e., when the Pacific and European boards come together, you get the ANZACs, Chinese, Italians and French)
People who have played it before, who's your favorite country? WHat's a good strategy, and what's complete rubbish? (never build 2 battleships as Russia. It doesn't end well.)
I THOUGHT NOONE PLAYED THIS! I have played the computer version of it (russia of course, still was mirdered :))

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Axis and Allies
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 02:54:01 AM »

Hey all,

The dice rolls! Damn the dice rolls to hell! 6 russian tanks + air support hammering 3 squads of infantry that stand in my way to victory! CRITICAL MISS WITH EVERY ROLL! THe dice rolls! Damn the dice rolls to hell!