Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The problems with the current engagement options in campaign.  (Read 1586 times)

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile

As it is, I can currently see no purpose in ever picking the "Attempt to break through their lines and escape" option. This is because you can just as well go into combat with either of the other two, order a mass retreat and then your ships will turn around and leave the screen in seconds. This may cause you to take some damage to your ships, but it is far less than trying to break through an entire enemy fleet would cause.

If i run into their fleet in Iron Mode i'm not really scared anymore because of this. Feels almost as much of a cheat as the save scumming. I do not think this is intended.

Perhaps if the enemy chooses the attack option it disables retreating from any side of the map except where the enemies spawn? Because this would help the player as well from the same problem: I pick attack because i do not want to risk them getting away and halfway through murderizing them they turn tail and I cant kill the rest of them, nor can I catch their fleet as it is now faster than mine due to being smaller.

Just annoying in general and kind of unsatisfying.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: The problems with the current engagement options in campaign.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:28:02 AM »

Right, those battle conditions will be changed with the next release.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.