Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ship creator  (Read 1834 times)

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ship creator
« on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:49 PM »

I ran a few searches through the forums and didn't find much about this idea.
Basically, I was thinking the devs could implement a sort of ship building function. To do this, you would find a blueprint (rare items from gathering resources or something), take it to a faction and give them the blueprint for a set amount of money. In order to design your own ship, you would have to wait for a certain event (maybe the tri-tachs develop a ship creating technology around cycle 210 or something (to emulate recovery from the Collapse)). After the prerequisite events have occurred, you can choose from a selection of hull shapes, armor types, engine types, etc. and then you can go out and find hull blueprints, armor blueprints, engine blueprints, weapon blueprints, etc., etc..
I tried to make this fit in with the lore (as much as I know of it, at least) and I hope that it may be implemented.
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ship creator
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »

I forgot to mention that when you put in higher quality parts, the cost increases. It ay also be possible to increase the ordinance points for a set cost.
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

As much as it's a nice idea, I don't think it would happen... Just not the way starfarersector is programmed afaik
mmm.... tartiflette

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »

I think that the Omnifactory mod does something VERY similar to what you're suggesting, so it's definitely a possibility.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:16:05 AM »

I think the Omnifactory allows you to scrap ships and use the parts to build stronger ones, but none of it is custom. You could, however, have that system, and then just make a ship for each possible combination of parts, although that would be a huge amount.