Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Just fun layouts  (Read 2450 times)

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just fun layouts
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »

So I am playing starfarer with a buold to see what fun i could have and i found the Troller Afflictor build. Needs the perks that add top speed and more speed and maneverablility.
Spoiler
[close]

So funny to go strait through ships and pop behind them and use the antimater blashers on them lol. This should be a challage to beat a Paragon with this.

PerturbedPug

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Just fun layouts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »

I like putting a bunch of hull mods that increase speed and maneuverability on the Hyperion and do donuts around Dominators.

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:37:04 PM »

That sound so amazing! How I make a fleet just full off fast this to run about pirates  ;)

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »

Tempests + speed + lasers + maneuverability = this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSHnt-gizUQ

i made this quite awhile ago, its quite silly.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »

Do you play bullet hell games? ;D

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:02:20 PM »

To create a closer feeling to bullet-hell games i'd have used pulse lasers and used mouse strafe. Skiing about worrying about lateral shot drift and more active control of the lasers would be a hoot.

At missile skill level 10 the afflictor becomes a hilarious missile boat. 4 harpoons and a burst pd. Using the ECCM and expanded racks mods make shields the best defense. So equip your other ships with lots of kinetic. I like hounds with the medium sized rail weapon. hrrm. Its named slipped my mind.

At any rate dropping half your missiles into an onslaught will kill it in 3 glorious seconds.

Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:01:17 PM »

Hyper velocity driver.
I'm a fan of a Hyperion mounted with dual heavy blasters and max capacitors, vents and shield upgrades (Assuming all perks) I have yet to meet a ship i cannot take down with this build in vanilla. Generally I teleport  behind the ship in question, wreck engines. Then kite it. Takes a while but even ships like the paragon die with time. Especially if i can surprise them before the damn fortress shield goes up >.<