Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Community Awards  (Read 6384 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Community Awards
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »

One vote for each category per User.

User: Best Moderator

User: Best Overall Forum Presence (interesting posts etc.)

User: Best Mod Creator

User: Best Spriter

User: Best Coder

User: Best Video Maker

User: Best Story & Fan Fiction Maker

Mods: Best Mod

Mods: Best Faction

Mods: Best Total Conversion

Mods: Best Mod Resource

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:59:19 PM by Uomoz »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Community Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »

who sez it haz to be 'Uomoz'z' and not teh forums?
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Community Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »

Done. xD

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »

Danke! :P
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »

Where do we vote? here in chat? and do we have to vote on all of them? :I a little bit confused.

Anyway

Spoiler
User: Best moderator:
- N/A

User: Best overall forum presence:
- Alex

User: Best mod creator:
- Psiyon

User: Best spriter:
- Dr.Death[Lexx]

User: Best Coder:
- LazyWizard

User: Best video maker:
- Axiege

User: Best story maker:
- N/A

Mods: Best mod:
- Uomoz Corvus

Mods: Best faction:
(Best in what way?) - Neutrino

Mods: Best TC:
- Psiyon's Ascendancy

Mods: Best mod reasource:
- Trylobot's Ship Editor
[close]

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 02:45:13 AM »

funny ,becuase i was actually planning something similar but just for spriting. ^^
see i created a thread with guides, then a thread for judgement so it would be logical to finish with a thread of appreciation ^^

Spoiler
mod: new but doing a good job!  Gothar

overall forum presence: sorry Alex i think this award should go to a non-dev. I think i choose Faiter ,because i think he helps a lot of newcomers.
not just with his video's but i see his advice popping up now and then.

modder: This is a tough one, since there is such a large diversity in modders. i think i'll go for erick doe for not creating so many small and unfinished mods x) with such variety. He might not have created so much finished products ,but you can see he tries his best.

spriter: I for one should actually know this one, i look onto my judgement thread every day and judged (probaply) all spriters here.
It's again a though decision. some spriters are neat, some are diverse, some are just unique ,but if i must choose i'll choose Xenoargh.
He can change any sprite into something good looking. he created so many strange and unique ships without making them look ugly.
i think originality should be more appreciated in spriting since i've seen so many standart sprites.

coder: imo every coder is good since i suc so much, but lazywizard is indeed a genius.

video maker: there are just two video makers right? i am not a really big fan of looking at games instead of playing them except with yogscast but they dont make video's of starsector so i have no judgement on  this one.

story maker: same , not such a big fan of lore..

mod: i would say uomoz corvus... but i dont, it's been put together really well and its certainly the one mod i would play but i think i'll go for interstellar federation ,its good looking ,has so many nice weapons, i have nothing bad to say about it.

Best tc: i have never played it but still i would choose okim's ironclad mod , which had such a unique style and it seems to work really good.

best mod resource: trylobots ship editor , but just because choosing my own judgement thread would be arrogant ;)
[close]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:47:36 AM by TheHappyFace »
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:53 AM »

I don't really play mods, watch videos, or read fan fiction, so I'm just going to opt out of those categories.

User [Best Moderator]: The only one that actually seems to exist at the moment. (Gothars)

User [Best Overall Forum Presence]: I actually haven't seen Catra around as much as I used to (read: at all). He usually said what I wanted to say, before I tone down the aggressiveness of my posts. So yes: (Catra)

User [Best Coder]: Probably LazyWizard. I don't need don't even need to go in to the modding section to see what this guy can do. "Help, how can I do this." And then LazyWizard arrives with 15 pages worth (or just two lines) of code that does exactly what they wanted. (LazyWizard)

Mods [Best Mod]: I love Thaago's Restock Mod. It's simple, does what I want, and it truly is "vanilla balanced". (Thaago's Restock Mod)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »

Users:
Best Moderator: Gothars
Best Overall Forum Presence: Alex
Best Mod Creator: Psiyon
Best Spriter: Cycerin

Mods:
Best Mod: Uomoz's Corvus
Best Faction: Blackrock Drive Yards
Best Total Conversion: Ascendency
Best Mod Resource: Trylobot's Ship Editor

Is it too late to request more categories? I think there should be a few more "Most Helpful" categories. For example, while I think Cycerin's sprites are the best looking, that ignores the major contributions TheHappyFace, xenoargh, and others have made in the Spriters Judgement thread.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

Since the ball's already rolling:

Best Moderator: mendonca

Best Overall Forum Presence: I'd like to say Alex, but I think it's sort of unfair as he isn't really part of the community as much as he is the FOCUS of it. So i'll say LazyWizard instead.

Best Mod Creator: xangle13. That guy always manages to surprise and impress. Bonus for being a complete enigma.

Best Spriter: Thule. Has that instinctive knack for color schemes and requisite playfulness

Best Coder: LazyWizard, with props to EnderNerdcore

Best Video Maker: Faiter

Best Mod: Uomoz' Corvus. By far the most fun-to-play mod.

Best Faction: This is hard. I love so many of them. But I guess Neutrino, because they are extremely cohesive. Many neglect gameplay design concerns in their factions, like custom weapons and systems, how the AI handles said weapons and systems both as the faction and against the faction, sound design, designed weaknesses, and so forth. But FlashFrozen is on top of all of these. Shoutout to Erick Doe too for his Antediluvians.

Best Total Conversion: Ascendancy.

Best Mod Resource: Trylobot's Ship Editor, I mean really. With LazyLib close behind.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:45:46 PM by Cycerin »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »

I'm not going to vote for all of these, only those that I have a strong opinion on:

User: Best Mod Creator: Cycerin. There aren't many other modders that I can truly call "professional" in all aspects of development. Cycerin's Blackrock faction goes above and beyond. The unique ships systems make the ships immensely fun to use, and the new weapons aren't just icing on the cake: they're a core component. Details aren't ignored, and everything fits in perfectly, especially the sounds--it's one thing to alter the look and gameplay of a game, but it's another thing entirely to alter the way it sounds. Sound seems to be a very neglected component to our modding community, which is a shame.

User: Best Spriter: While this is a highly opinionated category, I really like TheHappyFace's sprites. They feel like they fit into the core game seamlessly.

User: Best Coder: LazyWizard. Honestly this doesn't really need explanation.

Mods: Best Faction: Blackrock Drive Yards, for the reasons stated earlier.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »

Best Moderator: Gothar, props:)

Best Overall Forum Presence: Alex

Best Mod Creator: xangle13, I'm biased because he's Chinese like me :). Also I'm translating his mod for him right now so there's that

Best Spriter: psiyon, also props for the tutorial, learned a lot from that

Best Coder: LazyWizard hands down

Best Mod: Going with Ironclads right now, love the seafaring ships in space look, xangle's mod is the same idea though so I might change my mind when that gets more complete

Best Total Conversion: Okim's Ironclads

Best Mod Resource: trylobot edit, works for everything. Also psiyon's kitbashing tutorial if that counts.
mmm.... tartiflette

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »

My votes:
Spoiler
Best Moderator: Alex

Best Overall Forum Presence (interesting posts etc.): Gothars

Best Mod Creator: Verrius (for FC, not the Shadow Order :P)

Best Spriter: keptin

Best Coder: Lazy Wizard

Best Video Maker: Faiter, unfair accent advantage (and how would it look if I voted for myself?)

Best Story & Fan Fiction Maker: N/A

Best Mod: Fleet Control

Best Faction: Interstellar Federation

Best Total Conversion: N/A

Best Mod Resource: N/A
[close]

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 08:33:21 PM »

Seems like no one is interested in this...

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »

that would be so sad ):
maybe it should be in general discussion since it has to do with star sector (in some way)
this way it will also probaply get more attention.

and the use of polls might make it easier to vote.
like first let people vote for best overall forum presence and take some of the people named earlier as options.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »

Yeah, could use this as sort of a nominations thread? Although that would still be more fitting in general discussion I feel... Maybe have a nominations thread in GD and then have a set date it be turned into a voting thread. Would you have to do 1 category at a time?
Pages: [1] 2