Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Editing Save files.  (Read 6967 times)

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
Editing Save files.
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:01:28 AM »

Hey all, I'm testing out a few mods for bugs and the like. I've checked multiple other threads for ways to edit save files (Not trying to cheat in the game) and I have found nothing to help me with getting a higher number of fleet points. either the designation for fleet points has changed or my save file is weird. Can somebody please help me?
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Save files.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:53:01 AM »

Assuming you are using Windows (and I've never personally done this):
1. open your "campaign.xml" file with notepad
2. hit Ctrl+F to open up the search function
3. search for "fleetpoints"
4. edit the base value to whatever you want
5. save

Someone else feel free to chime in if I'm mistaken.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »

Yeah, that doesn't work now. You have to increase FP indirectly by modifying the skills. I posted how to do that somewhere before, let me look for it real quick.

EDIT: Found it.

K, found it.

Step 1: Backup your save file. If you screw something up, I won't be held liable for it. =)

Step 2: Search for "<level>#</level>", where # is the level of your character as an integer (as opposed to a floating point, like 45.0). The stuff directly above that is what you're interested in. You could modify any of the FP giving skills, but I'll stick with one specifically.

Step 3: Look above that for "<savedId>aptitude_leadership</savedId>" (NOTE: this is not the same thing as "<savedId>leadership</savedId>"- that just changes how many of the little lights are highlighted under the leadership aptitude and has no effect on anything else). Change the value directly above that to something higher, but keep it as a floating point (i.e. "50.0" would provide you with 100 FP, plus the base amount and whatever else your skills give you).

Step 4: Save and enjoy.

EDIT: If you want to change anything else besides your max FP, you may have to modify some of the stuff beneath where you find your character's level as well (that stuff shows modified values, multipliers, and bonuses). Haven't tested it.

The thread, for reference: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5031
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:07:26 AM by naufrago »

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »

I've tried that and it didn't work. Anything particular I should look for along with the skill set? (I may have made my enemies stronger...)

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:16:58 AM »

Wait nevermind, found it... I had to look at the bottom.  :P
Now to find the overpowered hostile fleet...  :-\

Thanks for all your help :D