Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241326 times)

sillynimbus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2021, 08:09:08 AM »

Seeing all of these modders that have been gone for years coming back for one last ride is making my soul warm
Use the search function, thread locked

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 13, 2021, 11:46:58 AM »

Nice to hear from you!  Good luck with the PhD, sounds tough.  What topic in bioinformatics, out of curiosity?

Yeah, I%u2019ll freely admit I wouldn%u2019t know where to start on fixing the mod, I%u2019m no ace programmer.  It%u2019s nice to know the source is included though!

When you have time, even a stable hot fix patch without new content would be appreciated, although I%u2019ll definitely look forward to seeing the new story mechanics integrated as well.  (I miss the sandcaster Shepherds!)  I%u2019m liking the new story point system in 0.95 so far.

Those screenshots look great!

EDIT: Sorry for the weird punctuation but apparently the forum hates my system apostrophe symbol for some reason, can%u2019t seem to fix it at the moment. =\

Adaptative immune system epigenetics, using bioinformatics to evaluate changes in DNA accessibility to proteins/transcription factors between 2 conditions, and the effects on gene expression at a whole-genome level.

Also… I regret to inform you that the TSC Shepherd is gone, for quite a while now, role wise it has been replaced with the Ayllo-class, and normal Shepherds. Regarding the Ayllo, its Kabura-ya drones were replaced with Corvo drones and a built-in launch bay was added. Kabura-ya drones can now be spawned by Tessen-class ships.
Note that the Shepherd was not the only ship to be removed, which was done for the unreleased 0.91a version. The removed ships include: All TT skins (including the Conquest), all IPC converted ships, Medusa (D), Onslaught (TSC), Venture (TSC), Kite (TSC), Shepherd (TSC), Wayfarer (TSC).
TSC skins kept are the Wolf and Sunder, meanwhile, the Wolf (TSC) remains mostly the same, the Sunder (TSC) has less OP, got a built-in weapon, and a slightly different weapon slot configuration.
The TSC Medusa is now a unique “Vanguard” ship, the Onslaught (TSC) is going back to a unique ship, technically as a mission “reward”, granted you will be asked to return it in exchange of monetary and reputation compensation (this hasn’t been coded yet, and might not happen until after the update).

Guess I could also use this instance to respond to some older comments, considering the current necromantic vibe of the forums…
Spoiler
Sorry for the double post, but can anyone tell me more about Nauvis? I found the planet in a remnant-riddled system, and the next thing I know is that, when I looked it up, I ended up finding a map for Factorio (is that one made by the same person?).

Nauvis is a reference to Factorio, it is the internal name of the surface you play on, so it has been assumed it is (was?) meant to be the planet’s name. That said, the custom map for Factorio was not made by me.
I originally assumed it was just similar names, which was to be expected due to the name’s origin, I wasn’t expecting a fan map referencing my mod. Heh, it is a Factorio map referencing a Starsector mod referencing a Factorio planet; guess that now my mod references that map, circular references, neat.
On a side note, almost all planets/systems in this mod are also referencing various intellectual properties, or mythology (unless they were randomly generated), some are misspelled/altered on purpose to show names changing with time… which is also a reference.

Okay, real ***, how did you set the drones to self destruct? I had initially assumed they were like ships, run out of CR then die to malfunctions, but the drones ship entries are almost blank. I'm not sure what the hell I would change to modify their duration.

As Meso said it is done via script, specifically the “TSC_DroneExpiration.java” script, feel free to modify it if you want (check DecayCR, DecreasedDecayCR, PodDecayCR, StationDecayCR) you will need to recompile the mod though for it to have an effect.
There are 3 other scripts that handle drone weapon behavior, the “TSC_DroneProjectiles.java” script which handles the kamikaze shipsystems of some drones, the “TSC_DroneAI.java” script which handles drone roaming AI when there are no enemies around (mainly for looks, felt odd to have the drones suddenly stop as soon as the enemy fleet has been eliminated), and the “TSC_DroneLauncher.java” script which handles the spawning of the drones.
I originally intended to add either a hullmod or a skill that increased the life span of the drones, it would use something like the Mantlet’s setup (spawned Mantlet changes to a different type depending on equipped hullmods) in the “TSC_DroneLauncher.java” script, to swap the standard drone with a hardened drone (using “DecreasedDecayCR” instead of “DecayCR”, like Kabura-ya and Targe “drones” do). Might still do it, perhaps as an “elite skill”.
[close]

Seeing all of these modders that have been gone for years coming back for one last ride is making my soul warm

One last ride? doubtful; to be honest I never left, I just reduced my activity level to the bare minimum.

scrye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2021, 02:48:22 AM »

Hmm!  Sounds like quite a lot of changes!  I’ll keep my final opinion on hold until after I’ve tried the new update when it’s released.  RIP sandcaster Shepherds :P

I can probably get along alright now with the new story point permanent hullmods, at least.  It was great that the TSC ones had military hulls by default.  (I like playing with frigate-heavy fleets with low sensor profiles for smuggling and base raids, as well as higher fleet burn.)

(Oh, sounds complicated!  Am I correct in my interpretation that you’re basically looking at ways to better identify the before-and-after epigenetic effects of immune system adaptation to an invading virus or vaccine?  Sounds like important work in this weird age we’re all caught up in.)

Kurtdovah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2021, 01:16:55 AM »

I hope this mod will be update for the actual version of starsector :3

alphald

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2021, 07:16:44 PM »

If there is a 95a version, we hope to adjust the strength of the launch chamber

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2021, 09:52:59 PM »

Just in case you're not aware of the bug, last version's TSC's Glass Cannon series (the proximity-fused energies) had an issue similar to 0.91's Devastator cannon, in that their detonation radius was larger than their core damage radius (the smallest range where the projectile explosion inflicts full damage).  As a result, instead of turning near misses into actual hits, the projectiles would in-practice deal much less damage than expected, according to the stat cards.  I'd suggest switching the core radius and detonation radius of those weapons in the .proj files as an initial fix, such that Detonation Radius < Core Radius < Maximum Radius.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]