Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 242023 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2019, 12:40:13 PM »

Taking into consideration the vanilla skills, at the moment, only "Fighter Doctrine level 2" would have any real effect in the spawned drones, by making them a bit tougher.
Additionally, the "Expanded Missile Racks" hullmod, unlocked by "Missile Specialization level 2" increases their ammunition count, it might not seem as much, considering the drones regenerate slowly, but the weapon cooldown is faster than their ammo regeneration time, so the hullmod allows you to fire a second wing of drones. This pairs extremely well with ships with the "Drone Swarm" shipsystem, since it replenishes their ammo count and resets their cooldown.

Additionally, in order to account for modded content; any shipsystems, hullmods or skills, that would improve missile weaponry fire rate, cooldown, ammo count or ammo regeneration, should affect the drone spawner weaponry (not the drones themselves; but would increase the number of available drones). Stuff like projectile speed, manoeuvrability, hitpoints, or weapon damage won't have any effect though. Stuff that affects a carrier's fighters won't have any effect either, since the drones are not bound to the carrier.
However anything that has a fleet wide effect should, as long as it is set to affect fighters, it should buff/debuff the drones, similarly to how the "Fleet Server" hullmod acts buffing all fighters that are close to the ship that has it.

This said, the "Hive Launcher" is an exception, since it would benefit from any missile buff, and no fighter buff, considering it is a proper missile weapon that it is set to work in conjunction with the "Drone Swarm" shipsystem.

Fast missile racks or Missile Autoforge?

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »

Right now dedicated launch bays can be added to carriers but it doesn't increase the number of hanger bays if the carrier already has 1/2/3 bays depending on size, is that intended?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »

I'd expect that it is, because launching five wings of talons (or maybe six - there are a few mod cruisers that go up to four fighter bays, albeit usually with some drawback) from a cruiser carrier would be absurd; also, with that, you'd get to nine wings from an Astral, and I'm not sure the UI would even support that.

What makes less sense to me is that the modular fighter bays work the same way, which results in, for example, a carrier-converted Angon having one built-in wing of loader drones and only one actually usable fighter bay.  ...As I was fighting against it, at the time, I was kinda okay with this, but it still felt off.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2019, 10:32:50 AM »

Why one Treshal-class skin have mines strike from Doom-class?

All another Treshals have Burn Drive but one, civilian, non-combat skin have mines. Maybe you just forgot to correct it? Because it madness, it should not be in principle.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »

The civilian version has better construction facilities, rather than military-grade afterburners?  Doesn't seem like a problem to me...  (Note to self: I should actually build one of those.  Current fleet could use a tanker anyway, and having the rest of the Threshal S's logistical bonuses would be nice.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2019, 01:02:40 AM »

Just noting that the images for the ships don't like to embed properly in the OP with the export=download& section included in the URL.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2019, 12:02:03 AM »

So I'm assuming it's your mod that added the system given the wrecks I found there but...

Was that many Remnant Nexus ENTIRELY necessary? :'(

Challenge accepted. They will be purged. :P

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »

The Labrys in the current version seems over-costed, especially the pirate-variant.
Compare it to the Drover or the SWP Archer.

peperoni_playboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »

I also think that the Remnant defenses of that system are a bit extreme.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2019, 09:55:33 AM »

I know that system! I stealth-colonized the world there right under the patrol's noses. There's so much wreckage now from all the ships coming in and trying to trade despite the nexuses.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2019, 02:42:06 PM »

Looks like there's a minor bug with the Pather and Pirate variants of the Angon - they can't be custom ordered after getting a blueprint.

I asked for help on the unofficial discord and someone on there identified the issue as those hulls lacking an entry in default_ship_roles. Sure enough, adding those did the trick.

And thanks for the mod, of course!

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2019, 07:40:42 PM »

Hi.
I've used your mod a bit. I think this Dedicated Launch Bays hullmod is really big balance problem.
Not only it can be put on any ship bigger than a frigate, it also has no big penalty given to fighters, unlike Converted Hangar, which causes fighters to be slower and take more damage.
Spoiler
[close]
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2019, 02:28:39 AM »

Hi.
I've used your mod a bit. I think this Dedicated Launch Bays hullmod is really big balance problem.
Not only it can be put on any ship bigger than a frigate, it also has no big penalty given to fighters, unlike Converted Hangar, which causes fighters to be slower and take more damage.
I think the main issue is that it's a straight up upgrade, compared to CH for destroyers. If DLB becomes noticeably more expensive (like 30% more), it would be fine. It still has the penalties to fighter and bomber cost, so putting anything beyond talons and the like on it will be very expensive.

CH itself is a bit underwhelming due to how it gets more expensive with hull size, but still gives just 1 bay.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »

I thought DLB was only for Tyrador ships with Modular Holds?

rashiakas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »

Rather then nerfing DLB I would buff CH, because right now its pretty bad.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16