Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241304 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Machine's Creations: Tyrador System Coalition
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 05:00:20 AM »

Ah yeah, that's definitely better. The greeble-aholic in me would still probably ask for a few more details but... Erh, don't listen to me!

For the portraits, i like the admiral, i think you nailed fairly well David's style with this one.

Oh also, did you tried the Nexerelin mod? It add random sector generation, stations conquests and some diplomacy with the factions. Personally i can't play SS without it anymore.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »

I think if the flanges on the very front of the ship didn't jut forward quite so much that sprite would actually be %100 able to pass off as a vanilla high-tech alternative to Tri-tach.

Oh and this took me like a full minute of staring at it intensely to realize but the holes in the front section of the ship aren't readily apparently as what they are. I think maybe if the detail pattern RIGHT next to them (what looks like a vertical line of windows) matched the contour of the hole that they're positioned right on it might make it a little clearer? I could be wrong I'm not an art person but man good stuff
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Abyz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »

Please get this going for nexerelin! Awesome sprites.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 04:55:47 AM »

So, just dropping in to say that I really like your ship designs and I will eagerly await to get to play them when you get the mod to that stage.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »

haven't played this mod yet but really like the design of the halberd and the lance.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 09:12:23 PM »

First, thanks for your  comments, I'm mostly a lurker, but, and more importantly, I've been working on this sporadically, but now I kinda fear that the next update might release before I manage to get this release-able enough. It's a weird feeling, I want the next update with new features right now, but then I would need to rework my mod.
So far it works though,  and it's reasonably balanced, IMHO. Currently trying to make it Nexrelin compatible, sadly I lack focus, and already added "features" before even checking if they were doable.
Since I'm posting, I'll leave a small teaser, I guess I could call it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4430656/Sprites/TSC-Ship%20Preview.swf

It is a flash file, in a somewhat similar style to the codex, mostly done for practice and fun rather than anything useful (and well to check the forum's flash support, which doens't seem to work).
It's a small preview of some of the ships, the only "new" content is the SCV wing, I think, an utility corvette (a more resilient and frigate slow 1 member fighter wing), it was already meant to do mining work, and also act as a "repair gantry". Since I made this flash, I've added a couple of extra ships, which I'll add as a preview below.

I added a new civilian capital ship, called the Maul-class, it has 2 variants, a civilian version and a militarized/combat version. The civilian version gets the repair hullmods, and it's also meant to be a slow heavily armored mining vessel. The combat version ditches the repair arms, and "mining equipment" in favor of guns, it still gets mining (loader) drones though, and it also has a pirate version. The repair arms are the same as in the SCV, and are animated, I made a custom script to make them not be synchronized (they can still get to that state by random chance though).

Also new is the Scimitar corvette, which is actually a reimagination of the whirlbat, it's basically a crappier non customizable wolf/koncerz that you don't really care if it gets destroyed, since you'll get it back for the next encounter, if you have a carrier.

Scimitar

Whirlbat (Obsolete-free to use for anyone)

Newest change was integration, I originally intended to add the TT-skins for a new faction, but I've added them to the Tri-Tachyon properly now, and the D-variants to the pirates, which I need to tone down, at least in number, made them too common in my current play test, and actually made the pirates a threat for the early game. Civilian styled ships, like the angon and maul classes, were added to every faction. Also for better integration, I made some TSC skins of vanilla ships, like the Shepherd, Wayfarer and Kite

Also tried my hand at a XIV variant of the koncerz, I guess this would be what a proper koncerz would look like instead of a mostly rushed armor work.

XIV

TSC

And finally I made this, yes another capital, mostly for fun though, and it's currently not available in the mod, and might not be, I wanted it to become part of some set of missions if I ever get to make some of those.

Anyway if I make any kind of release "soonish" there won't be many new weapons, only the plasma lance, disruptor, drone bay and drone rack, honestly I'm not even sure if I want to make more weapons, I have fun with the vanilla weapons, and I would only add something that I feel it's lacking, which is the reason I discarded the repeater MLRS.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 07:54:30 AM »

Looks good, some balance tests will probably have to be done for some ships (the Javelin with its two reapers sounds terrifying) but i otherwise haven't seen anything too out of place. I'm quite eager to try all of this.

As for Nexerelin, i heard the implementation isn't too difficult to do. You can still send a MP to Histidine if you have issues with it though.

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »

What version is this compatible for?
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 03:15:05 AM »

Hella cool ship designs, Maul in particular looks really damn good.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »

huh. turns out there are still really cool looking faction mods that i had no idea existed. O:

i agree with Bastion, Maul especially looks great. i love these kinda rough, heavy looking civilian-military hybrids in general.

most of the other ships look really good as well. i don't really like the color scheme, but only in the sense of personal preference, not because i think it's not done well.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »

Version 1.0.0 (for Starsector 0.7.2a)
More information on the original post

(Requirements: LazyLib)
(Supports: Version Checker, Graphics lib and Nexerelin)
(Download includes patch mod; enable both the main mod and the patch to play with Nexerelin).

Current version is fully functional, and meanwhile I have not experienced any bugs so far, but I can't be certain that they do not exist.
The mod is balanced (or at least attempts to be so), but I'm fairly sure there's overpowered and underpowered content that's, so feedback, especially regarding balance is GREATLY appreciated.

I would also like to hear your opinions on relation to the new weapons added. I suspect the Disruptor Beam Cannon is overpowered, mostly because the AI seems to fail at dealing with it, and that the Drone bay is either underpowered or just too situational.

I do not expect to add extra content any time soon, at the very least not until the next version of Starsector is released (considering my luck, I fear that Alex is probably releasing it just as I type this). Anyway, I'm planning minor patches, especially balance patches, in relation to user feedback.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.0.0
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »

Ah, another mod to a fine collection.

I'll see to reporting any bugs and balance issues, but until then, have a can of rickey juice.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »

Nice to see all that work come to fruition! Will definitely try this out.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 12:40:34 AM »

First: Finally! About time this gets out of the woods. Congrats on the release.
Second: Wow! That's a hell of a lot of ships!
Third: A hell of a lot of good looking ships...

It will take time to look closely at each of them but there are some balance issue that are already visible (8 medium missile mounts + built-in on a cap? Hard Flux beams on fast and long range drones that can be fitted in a missile slot????)

But good job for an impressive release!

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.1.0 (updated March 25, 2017)
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »

Version 1.1.0 (for Starsector 0.7.2a)
Nerf-bat pass edition
More information on the original post

(Requirements: LazyLib)
(Supports: Version Checker, Graphics lib and Nexerelin)
(Download includes patch mod; enable both the main mod and the patch to play with Nexerelin).

Originally meant for this to be a rather smaller patch, only csv changes, but then it got bigger. Most changes are balance related, but there's also some performance considerations due to vram use.
I also deleted some redundant content that was not mod related which I missed to delete (believe me when I would say that what I removed in the previous release was a lot, my mod work folder is messy).
Special thanks to Mesotronik, for his random mission code.

Changelog:

Version 1.1.0:
Spoiler
   -Rebalancing changes:
      -TSC combat ships, overall had their stats slightly reduced (flux capacity, max ops, speed, turret arcs), turret angles were changed to
        reduce overlapping. In general, the ships' stat blocks were made worse than their closer high-tech counterpart.
      -Labrys-class changes: removed 1 large missile mount, added 1 medium missile mount, large decrease in OPs.
      -Halberd-class changes: replaced large missile mounts with medium sized ones.
      -Claymore-class changes: re-implemented as a broadside ship, sprite altered to accommodate changes.
      -Kulbeda-class attack drone changes: speed reduced to 150.
      -Drone bay changes: reload speed reduced to 0.01.
      -(Fighter) Tactical Laser range reduced to 500.
      -Disruptor Beam Cannon range reduced to 750, hard-flux to soft-flux ratio reduced to 30%. Generated hard-flux on the target is also
       applied to the source (this can cause the source ship to overload from continuous fire).
      -Plasma Lance range reduced to 750.
   -Ship loadouts altered to reflect changes.
   -Tyrador system background compression artefacts fixed.
   -Renamed Halberd-class to Corseque-class.
   -Renamed Claymore-class to Svardstav-class.
   -Removed Lance-tug sprite. Missed it when cleaning the mod from unused content/WIPs.
   -Removed Dyson Swarm/Bubble graphics from the mod.
   -Removed unused scripts.
   -Fixed the Atlatl and Tessen script that buffs drones and fighters giving the graphic indicator to frigates too.
   -Removed test mission.
   -Added a 25% sized alternative versions of the Arconian Orbital Ring (front and back) sprites, they need to be renamed manually to use them
    (only use them if you are having issues with your vram, you can also mix and match them).
   -Added non-story missions: "Knowing Yourself", "Knowing your Enemy".
   -Graphics Lib:
      -Merged normal maps of non-(D) "skin variants" in order to reduce vram use.
[close]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16