Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ability to buy stations and place them on the map?  (Read 2426 times)

L33tGuilty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ability to buy stations and place them on the map?
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »

Hi!

So ive been thinking about SS and came up with the idea about buying stations.

Lets say small station costs around 80k has the ability to repair your ships and ability to put in cargo. ( just like the one has now, non controled station )

120k  middle ^ + ability to buy and trade with other ships only important cargo ( fuel, supplies and crew )

220k large ^ + ability to buy / trade weapons, marines, maybe even ships.

Each of these has also a shield generator and ability to loudout in case of attack ( unique defense weapons for outposts only  ?? ). Consider also posibility to have few ships defending it. ( smaller ones have less fleet points that can support that outpost )

In case of attack on that outpost you recive a message: your outpost -name here- is being attacked would you like to take dirrect control or pass defense to officer ( which you place in that position before ). Maybe it would give you abilit to warp into the battlefield.

So my biggest enjoyment would be to equip these outposts which could also have additional defense platforms...

It would be also nice if you could set up your own prices for items... maybe even have a pointed mining crew to go and retrieve minerals for your station which could then be sold. :)

I mean there are sooooooo many great ideas and things that could be done with this game so please as a gamer that spended at least 30h playing this game my only advice is ...

DONT RUSH IT !!!  MAKE AN AWESOME GAME WITH MANY WAYS OF PLAYING IT !!!

Sorry for bad english and maybe this post should be in ideas section but the last sentence was the most important :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:52:52 AM by L33tGuilty »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to buy stations and place them on the map?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »

Download Fleet control mod. and Ur all done. 8)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

Hi L33tGuilty :)

Let me just say this: there are a number of clues that player owned stations may be already a planned feature. For example the sprites in the "stations" folder in the starfarer directory ;)  No guarantees of course, but I'd say it's not unlikely.

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

L33tGuilty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »

Thats nice to hear :)

So are you alowed to talk about it or not ?? :)

Thou  im kinda confused that you answered this question. Isnt there only 1 developer on this game or am i wrong ?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »

I'm a forum moderator, not a game developer. So I already said all I know, holding no secrets back unfortunately :)

There are several people who are concerned with development, with Alex as the head developer. But they would very likely not talk about any unconfirmed features, so we can only guess here.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

L33tGuilty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »

Yea ive saw his name more or less when it came to development. Which is good and worying at the same time.

It tells me that we will wait ages for this game to come out :) But that is also a good thing beacuse its 1 man project, so its his idea alone. I just want to say that this game has a huge chance to become top games of year or even decade :)

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »

It's already contending with Deus Ex: HR for my top spot of the year. And with Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for game of the decade.